PDA

View Full Version : What's The Construction In Timon?

ladodgerjon
06-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Anybody know what the construction is related to in the Timon lot?

DCA additions?

Asphalt improvements?

Underground pipe repair?

What gives?

HisKid
06-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Anybody know what the construction is related to in the Timon lot?

DCA additions?

Asphalt improvements?

Underground pipe repair?

What gives?

From what I have been told, they are taking half of the Timon lot, and that will become Carsland (or whatever they will end up calling it).

Darkbeer
06-11-2008, 05:02 PM
Disney, along with the City of Anaheim are upgrading the Electrical service for the resort, due to the expected increased need for both the DCA expansion, and the Grand Californian/DVC addition.

The city is doing much of the work, and Disney will pay for it in increased electrical fees in the future.

FYI, the city owns the Electricial Company for Anaheim.

HisKid
06-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh. Well, then nevermind, lol.

Bytebear
06-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Well, you were kind of right, it is in preparation for expansion.

HisKid
06-11-2008, 07:22 PM
Well, you were kind of right, it is in preparation for expansion.

Kind of right is better than off yer nut, so I'll settle for that. ;)

dznyphreak
06-12-2008, 12:47 AM
Aw man! I got excited too... :)

Bytebear
06-12-2008, 07:56 PM
I did see a picture on another site of a parking lot with fake pylons set up presumably because they are going to build another parking structure. It looked like it was a parking lot near Downtown Disney.

ladodgerjon
06-16-2008, 01:43 PM
If memory serves, Disney only LEASES the Timon lot (something like a 99 year agreement)... so major additions/improvements (like the construction of a major attraction) will most likely NOT occur on this parcel of land.

The Timon lot is still owned by a family that never sold to Disney.

The "Carsland" concept (if it's still in play) would be built within the current property lines of DCA.

Anyone concur???

pixar
06-16-2008, 02:01 PM
If memory serves, Disney only LEASES the Timon lot (something like a 99 year agreement)... so major additions/improvements (like the construction of a major attraction) will most likely NOT occur on this parcel of land.

The "Carsland" concept (if it's still in play) would be built within the current property lines of DCA.

Anyone concur???

I don't know about who owns the property, but carsland won't be built within the current dca boundaries. there's no room for it. they need the timon lot for carsland.

Bytebear
06-16-2008, 05:29 PM

Anyone concur???

Not according to the plans released by the OC Register. There was a chunk of the parking lot that was not used in Carsland, but it definitely went (or will go) where the parking lot is.

HisKid
06-16-2008, 05:46 PM

Anyone concur???

Where could that happen?