PDA

View Full Version : About Maynard

CaliforniaCrazy
06-28-2001, 07:04 PM
Has anyone besides myself received an autographed pic of Maynard, the Disneyland CM? I wrote him a letter a few days ago, and he sent me a cool pic of himself , complete with a little cartoon of (I think) it's supposed to be him, and he even drew a cartoon on the big envelope! He is a very nice person to take time out to send me a pic, and he even said he will show his Evil Twin my letter. He signed it Eat figs not Worms! What a cool guy!

Dreamstaker
06-28-2001, 07:22 PM
That is nice of him.

Did you send your letter to him via Disneyland's address?

CaliforniaCrazy
06-28-2001, 07:31 PM
It's a P.O. Box in Anaheim, so I assume that it's at Disneyland. I got it from www.maynardhomepage.com.

Maynard
P.O. Box 3008
Anaheim, CA 92803

Morrigoon
06-28-2001, 08:13 PM
Nah, I'm pretty sure that's just Maynard's box.

It's not like Disney treats Maynard any better than other CMs. He gets the occasional mention in the CM newsletter for his guest compliments, and a little more freedom with his jungle cruise script, but they hardly have anything special for him like his own box for fan mail. If you sent him a letter via DL, they'd probably scan it in as a guest compliment and stick it in his file with the rest of them.

CaliforniaCrazy
06-28-2001, 08:31 PM
It's really sad that he doesn't get recognized more. The other day I asked a cast member in front of the Enchanted Tiki Room if Maynard was working on that day, and he didn't even know who I was talking about. Of course, he could have just started working there. Almost everyone knows him in the Haunted mansion, however. There should be a fan club established just for him.

JRob2k1
06-28-2001, 08:58 PM
I'm pretty sure Maynard has a couple of fan pages on the net. I know i've seen them...

Maynard is the best on the Mansion, he keeps the spirit alive!

-JRob

CaliforniaCrazy
06-29-2001, 09:20 PM
Well, I finally got out to Disneyland again, and I was walking to the Haunted mansion to see if he was there, and My fiance and myself just happened to run into him in the Fantasmic crowd! I thanked him for sending me an autographed pic of himself, and I told him he is a cool artist. (If anyone hasn't seen his cartoons, They are hilarious!) He told us that he loves to draw for all of his fans, and he made my fiance laugh real hard, something that is hard to do. So if you see this message, Maynard, thank you for being you. :D

dghosthost
06-29-2001, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1
I'm pretty sure Maynard has a couple of fan pages on the net. I know i've seen them...

Maynard is the best on the Mansion, he keeps the spirit alive!

-JRob

I tell you, my sister had a 'hell vacation' and that man, in 4 minutes, made it one of her best.

He does keep the 'Spirits' (all 999 of them) alive!

Napsto
07-02-2001, 02:57 PM
he's the bomb dot com

amynicole22
07-02-2001, 03:31 PM
I spotted Maynard only once (exiting the Haunted Mansion), and I was so shocked that I had actually seen him that I was unable to speak. He's evolved into one of those legendary, almost urban legend kind of figures, you know - at least among us Disneylandphiles.

I'm just happy that he's there - even if I don't get to see him again. He makes so many folks happy. I hope that DL realizes what they have in him.

:p

Gemini Cricket
07-02-2001, 06:18 PM
I have never seen someone who truly loved what he did as much as I see that in Maynard.
He should get a raise.