PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin Crème “Boo”-lay?

Berry Princess
10-07-2002, 09:49 AM
Just wondering where it is? I was told it was at the French Market but then I saw a website that listed the themed foods for right now and it says the Blue Bayou. So will I be able to get it anywhere besides the Blue Bayou? I'm going on Sunday and wanted to get some. Thanks.

lisap
10-07-2002, 12:27 PM
We did not see it at the French Market--only at the Blue Bayou.

A group of us sampled the desserts at the B.B. Sunday night. The bite I had of the crème Brule was wonderful--a very delicate pumpkin flavor with a good bit of nutmeg.

A few in our group got Jack's coffin (chocolate mousse), the other specially themed dessert. After much debate it was determined that Jack's head emerging out of the coffin was made of fondant--we had guessed everything from marzipan to meringue (our waitress checked for us in the kitchen).

We did not get a reservation to the BB in advance--we just waited 10 minutes or so in the stand-by line close to closing time. It was a special treat--I highly recommend it. :)

Berry Princess
10-07-2002, 12:31 PM
Thank you for that. I guess I will have to make us some lunch reservations (do they serve at both lunch and dinner?) for sunday. Anyone have the number for the reservations? I lost it. Thanks. I can't wait to try the desserts!!!:)

cstephens
10-07-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by lisap
We did not see it at the French Market--only at the Blue Bayou.

Bummer. No pumpkin creme brulee for me then.

CarlieB
10-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Where was the themed food listed? I would love to read about it! Thanks:-)

Grandbreaker
10-07-2002, 02:27 PM
714-781-dine

Berry Princess
10-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Where was the themed food listed? I would love to read about it! Thanks:-)

Someone posted it on another thread with a link to the site. Here is the link for you. http://www.intercotwest.com/news/2002/10/02/001.asp

Its at the bottom of the page

And thank you for the phone # Grandbreaker. I have to write it in my phonebook this time so I don't lose it.

ksejr1
10-08-2002, 09:24 AM
does anyone know if these special holiday desserts will be served at the fantasmic buffet??

adriennek
10-08-2002, 09:34 AM
I'm not a pumpkin fan but I'm a creme brulee fan. About a year ago, I was able to sample the pumpkin creme brulee that they were going to serve at Soap Opera Bistro. I don't know if the BB recipe is the same, but if it is, it was VERY good. yummmmmmmmmmy.

Adrienne K

Hyperboy
10-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by lisap
A few in our group got Jack's coffin (chocolate mousse), the other specially themed dessert. After much debate it was determined that Jack's head emerging out of the coffin was made of fondant--we had guessed everything from marzipan to meringue (our waitress checked for us in the kitchen).

Oh man, eating that Jack head was disgusting! It was funny to see people take a little taste of this compacted ball of pure sugar and try to maintain their composure. And the dye from the eyes turned Andrew's teeth and tongue temporarily black.

I'm sure kids love it ;)

(The rest of the dessert was pretty good tho... I just wish they hadn't run out of the cheesecake with rice krispie spider!)

roberts1398
10-08-2002, 03:39 PM
You know, you can just go to BB for dessert ... you don't have to have a whole meal there...

YUMMY! Pumpkin creme brulee! That sounds soooooo good. Pumpkin cheesecake is my very fave ... so creme brulee would be delish, I'm sure...

Laffite
10-08-2002, 03:46 PM
You know, all these talk makes me hungry. I plan on eating everything on the Halloween menu :)

cemeinke
10-08-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Hyperboy
Oh man, eating that Jack head was disgusting! It was funny to see people take a little taste of this compacted ball of pure sugar and try to maintain their composure.

Alas, the head was not just pure sugar. Fondant is made by adding sugar to a "softening" agent such as glycerin, gelatin, or most usually, lard. :eek:

Berry Princess
10-09-2002, 07:33 AM
You know, all these talk makes me hungry. I plan on eating everything on the Halloween menu

I told my hubby I just wanted to go to eat all the yummy desserts from the Halloween menu. LOL