PDA

View Full Version : Innoventions = Innocomercial

mkyears
10-06-2002, 02:48 PM
Ok I went into Innoventions today with my bros and all I have to say is what the heck. Ok First of all we started in the entertainment department with a game show that might as well have been a commercial. After being encouraged to watch dinatopia buy the peter pan soundtrack etc I was half way asleep.
Then we went upstairs and it's all video games wow the way of the future games that are already out. Then i saw the GM Virtual exibit and thought that looked neat. I warn you never to ride that you will come out 20 times more stupid .

So Basically I just thought I would write this so maybe somebody can do something .

Thanks GoD Save Us

Nigel2
10-06-2002, 08:47 PM
Well don't be too shocked, that is basically what innoventions is supposed to be. It's just that the EPCOT version seems less like a big promotion.:D

RStar
10-07-2002, 09:37 AM
And in the early days of Tommarowland it always promoted new products. Plastic, Aluminum, speaker phones, products from GE, Goodyear, ect. The problem with Innoventions is that they are not getting a quick enough turn around. They should be showcasing "New and Futuristic" things in there. And keeping the displays fresh and new, that keeps people comming back over and over. I think the problem is getting new sponsers to go into "Deadland".

justagrrl
10-07-2002, 11:45 AM
Whatever happened to that little scooter-ish thing that they were showing out front...Ginger - is that what it was called at one point?

Anyway, I'd love to see that worked in there somehow.

Ghoulish Delight
10-07-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Whatever happened to that little scooter-ish thing that they were showing out front...Ginger - is that what it was called at one point?

Anyway, I'd love to see that worked in there somehow. Ginger was its code name. It's now being marketed as the Segway. I don't know of a schedule, but it does make an appearance here and there. We caught it a month ago. Pretty snazzy. Too bad it's not going to be sold to the public any time soon :(

cstephens
10-07-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by justagrrl

Anyway, I'd love to see that worked in there somehow.

We saw a CM zooming around Tomorrowland on one this past Sunday.

Hojoanaheim
10-07-2002, 03:11 PM
How about high-speed video teleconferencing between the various Disneyland Resorts throughout the world..like in the Jetsons. You could select which country and speak with other families on their vacations.

cemeinke
10-07-2002, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Hojoanaheim
How about high-speed video teleconferencing between the various Disneyland Resorts throughout the world..like in the Jetsons. You could select which country and speak with other families on their vacations.

That would be Cool! :cool:

The we could have virtual bi-coastal or even international MP meets.

Morrigoon
10-07-2002, 09:32 PM
They could rig it up so that California talks to Paris and Florida to Japan (why that way? so that the people talking are the furthest apart they can be)

cemeinke
10-07-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
They could rig it up so that California talks to Paris and Florida to Japan (why that way? so that the people talking are the furthest apart they can be)

Of course then Paris & Tokyo would be stuck with Innoventions too :p ;)