PDA

View Full Version : How often are the attractions cleaned?

teri
10-06-2002, 11:12 AM
I am remembering the times when our rides were stopped and the lights came on in Alice in Wonderland, Haunted Mansion (we got evacuated) and Peter Pan's Flight... it looked mighty dusty in there. How often do the attractions get cleaned out from the inside? Do they go in there with HEPA vacs and clean on a regular schedule?

Techie7
10-06-2002, 11:39 AM
Haunted Mansion Dusty!!!??? I am shocked ;) Actually I can tell you that they add dust to that attraction all the time. As for cleaning out dust from attractions... they probably clean every once and a while but in big spaces like that is it hard to try and keep on top of the dust that accumlates rapidly. From working in a theatre I can tell you that entertainment venues have lots of dust on rafters, lighting, and rigging equipment that is rarely cleaned off due to access, cost, or time. While my answer is not from direct knowledge of Disney's cleaning schedule it might provide some insight that I don't think this is terribly uncommon.

teri
10-06-2002, 08:59 PM
HM's theming notwithstanding.... I still wonder how often the places are cleaned out, and what kind of equipment they use. I would imagine it is quite a feat. And what about the ride vehicles - how often do those seats and handlebars get a wipe-down?

Anyone know?

dsnybobsledbabe
10-06-2002, 09:37 PM
not too sure, as a former CM at the Matterhorn I can tell you that the seatbelts there are so gross. They are used and abused. Through rain, and barf, and who know whatelse..... I always hated touching them, but it was my job. Without those seatbelts on, you couldn't get past me. I just washed my hands really well. But the sled itself is waxed and cleaning early everymorning... usually by my friend Darren.

As for other attractions interiors i don't know.... but the outsides are often hosed down but I still don't like to touch the railings either.
JUST ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS.... CM RULE OF THUMB!!!

socabch
10-07-2002, 07:09 AM
That's a good rule to follow. All the people that touch the rails and the germs that can get passed around, mostly colds. When I was in banking, most of the tellers keep hand wipes at their window. Money is filthy.

The thing I miss about early entry is getting into DL while some of the areas are still being washed down. Everything sparkled from the sun shining on the water soaked areas

smd4
10-07-2002, 07:36 AM
The trains of the Disneyland Railroad are polished every night after they are brought into the roundhouse. Polished a LOT. So much so, that the bluish color on the Fred Gurley's boiler jacketing has begun to wear away, allowing the orange primer to begin showing through!

disguy
10-07-2002, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by dsnybobsledbabe

I just hate those push faucets at Disneyland..you wash your hands with soap and you have to keep touching the button to get the water. Drives me crazy.

As for the cleaning I doubt they do it that often they prob, do a large amount of it when it's time for their rehab.

Sailor Butterfly
10-07-2002, 09:21 AM
Yeah, I hate those push button faucets.

Ewww, I did not need to know about the Matterhorn seatbelts. :eek:

teri
10-07-2002, 10:14 AM
I think we all need to know about the seat belts. :eek: I would hope there was a regular sanitizing routine.

I know that they lovingly polish the outsides of the trains and ride vehicles. it is where the dust, dander, oils, spills, and goop accumulate that I wonder about. The seats, the crevices, the handlebars, the seatbelts, the tracks, the rafters, the screens where the clouds are suspended in the room. What are we touching? What are we breathing?