PDA

View Full Version : Bear-ing up

merlinjones
04-25-2001, 05:18 PM
So far the following lineup of rumors have been put online regarding the fate of the Country Bear Jamboree when Pooh moves in:

1) CBJ is taken out entirely and retired, replaced by Pooh.

2) One theatre of CBJ remains (possibly rehabbed to mirror the upcoming film), while the second is torn down for Pooh.

3) Some of the CBJ moves to Hungry Bear restaurant as a Chucky Cheese show.

4) The CBJ moves to Grizzly Peak in DCA with an all new theatre and show to match movie.

5) The CBJ characters end up on the Grizzly River run at DCA.

Does anyone know which of these scenarios, if any, match the current exec thinking? Or maybe some combo of these ideas?

Which would you all rather see happen?

crusher_appa
04-25-2001, 05:34 PM
I like pooh but it shouldn't replace a classic. I rather like the Country Bears. It would be a shame to see them go.

Gregmh48
04-25-2001, 07:47 PM
I'm hoping for number four.

Gandalf
04-27-2001, 04:57 PM
If they really are shutting it down over in DL I hope they move the whole Country Bear show over to DCA. We've always loved the way they change the show with the Christmas season. Besides DCA could claim they have another "new" attraction.

Lacrosse Boy
07-25-2001, 01:31 PM
Move CBPH to DCA!

DisneylandKid
07-25-2001, 01:56 PM
What poor timing! Why are the taking the Country Bears out before the movie comes out? Because I would like to see AN E-TICKET Pooh-ride (i'm hoping...), I think that they should not move the CBJ to DCA entirely, but rather re-theme Grizzly River Run (I'm not sure how this would work, being that I haven't actually been ON the ride.) If this doesn't work, I think that they should add a Country Bear darkride to Grizzly Peak as long as it isn't too much like Pooh.

Gandalf
07-25-2001, 09:38 PM
Move the Country Bear Jamboree over to DCA somewhere in the Grizzy Peak area. Maybe revamp /update the show a little. I'm going to miss their show and especially the Christmas themed show. Christmas time at Disneyland is going to seem a little hollow without our weekly Christmas Bear visit.
I wish Disney would hold off closing the Bears until after the Christmas season. What could it hurt? They aren't projecting the opening of the Pooh Ride until two years from now anyway.

Napsto
07-25-2001, 10:02 PM
4 would be cool but that would be another show for dca.

SimpTwister
07-25-2001, 10:10 PM
Someone (I think someone at Mouseplanet) was claiming that they may use some Country Bears on GRR.

While it would be cool to have actual (AA) bears on GRR, they would really have to be changed to look more realistic. Not completely realistic, but "Jungle Cruise realistic".

Anyway, I'm also for #4. In fact, I think I'd rather see the Bears move to DCA than stay at DL!

Moving them over would help 'freshen up' both parks. DCA could use a classic DL attraction. The CBJ would make DCA seem more like a real Disney park.

Also, if they adopt this plan, those of us who like the Bears will be able to enjoy Pooh, knowing Big Al, Henry, Gomer and the gang are safe in their new home.

And of course, if CBJ is moved, one would assume that it would also be improved.

They could work in some California songs, and the move seems like it could easily be the subject of many clever jokes...

Alex S.
07-25-2001, 10:24 PM
It was Al in an update. I don't think he meant that the bears would be used on GRR, but that the interior mechanical portions would be reused. Entirely new skins would be done.