PDA

View Full Version : Let's get small - San Bernardino County Sun, 10/4/02

Darkbeer
10-05-2002, 11:25 PM
Let's get small (http://u.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1008,216%257E24290%257E900953,00.html) - San Bernardino County Sun, 10/4/02

Jerry Rice gives a review of Flik's Fun Fair, including an interview with John Lasseter, co-director of "A Bug's Life".

QuikQuote: "The one thing people kept complaining about is there's not enough stuff for their kids to do (at California Adventure)," says Al Lutz, editor of Mouseplanet.com, a privately held Web site that focuses on everything Disney. "They sort of built the park without a Fantasyland."
But Disneyland Resort spokesman John McClintock discounts that argument, pointing out that several attractions are suitable for all ages (Soarin' Over California and the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail among them).
In any case, Lutz gives the addition a thumbs-up.
"It's a big step forward for them," he says. "It really addresses the issue of not having enough for kids."

teri
10-05-2002, 11:30 PM
Nice to read a positive review! Too bad, it sounds like it is too small for my kids. We look forward to seeing it next month.

Nigel2
10-05-2002, 11:42 PM
Grrr... I was thinking of a Steve Martin thing.

Hmmm I wonder if they are going to have the same problem that Toontown had when it opened. You know, they have to have a line to get into the area.

justagrrl
10-06-2002, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Darkbeer

But Disneyland Resort spokesman John McClintock discounts that argument, pointing out that several attractions are suitable for all ages (Soarin' Over California ...

But that's not true. You have to be...um....40" I think for Soarin'. And my (then 3) son coudln't ride it. A few weeks later he was tall enough, thankfully. I just wanted to point out that Soarin' is NOT available to everyone.