PDA

View Full Version : Pooh Press Release

Ace
10-05-2002, 09:58 PM
I heard that they will be releasing some new stuff about Pooh pretty soon. Are they going to open the ride early? I've seen pictures and it looks done...

tabacco
10-05-2002, 10:10 PM
The exterior is done. That doesn't mean the interior is done, though. More likely than not they rushed the facade so that they could get the walls down ASAP.

Ace
10-05-2002, 10:36 PM
well shoooot.

Morrigoon
10-05-2002, 10:45 PM
Get the walls down? Facade done early?

Hahahahah..... I can see it now:

"Mommy! I wanna go on the Pooh ride!"
"But honey we're going to eat first, then we'll go there"
"PLEEEEEEASE? I wanna go on Pooh!"
"No, mommy and daddy are hungry, we'll go on Pooh next"
"I want Pooh! I want Pooh! I want Pooh! I want..."
"We're eating first, then I promise - I PROMISE we'll go on the Pooh ride, okay?"
"I wa- ... okay. I want a cheeseburger! Then I want Pooh!"
"Okay honey (sigh)"

later....

"Where's the entrance to the Pooh ride?"
(CM) "Ma'am, the Pooh ride will open in (blah blah blah)"
(kid) "I want Pooh! I want Pooh! I want P-"
(mom) "QUIET! I'm sorry, where did you say we could get on it?"
(cm) "It's not open yet ma'am."
(mom) "Sweetie, we'll have to ride Pooh another time, it's not open yet."
(kid) "WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! You PROMISED! I wanna go on POO-OO-OOOH! (sobs)"

Nigel2
10-05-2002, 10:47 PM
They always do that, remember they did it for Indy (as featured on circus of the stars), Innoventions, rocket rods (well sort of, not much to see on the ground), Roger Rabbit.

That is what probably draws people back.

RStar
10-07-2002, 09:44 AM
What's a "Pooh Press"?

hbquikcomjamesl
10-07-2002, 09:59 AM
What's a "Pooh Press"?You don't want to know.

hefferdude
10-07-2002, 12:50 PM
What's a "Pooh Press"?

A press gaggle with Ari Fleischer. hee hee hee
:D

Traci
10-07-2002, 01:02 PM
Ok, I was chatting with a CM about this ride and found out that the CM's get to ride it in January next year and he described the ride to me.

It's going to be a cross between Roger Rabbit and Buzz Lightyear (at WDW).

You will ride along through a forrest and spin and collect honey pots, and whoever with the most honey pots at the end of the ride wins.

Sounds like fun.

RStar
10-07-2002, 02:07 PM
You mean it is an interactive game/ride like Buzz? That would be great! As long as you're not collecting Pressed Pooh Patties:eek: !

MonorailMan
10-07-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by RStar
As long as you're not collecting Pressed Pooh Patties:eek: !

Ugh, see this! :mad: (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10537)

Ghoulish Delight
10-07-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by Traci
Ok, I was chatting with a CM about this ride and found out that the CM's get to ride it in January next year and he described the ride to me.

It's going to be a cross between Roger Rabbit and Buzz Lightyear (at WDW).

You will ride along through a forrest and spin and collect honey pots, and whoever with the most honey pots at the end of the ride wins.

Sounds like fun. Ooooh. That sounds like it'd be fun! I hope it's true. And I hope, of course, it's done well, not cheaply.

RStar
10-07-2002, 03:00 PM
I hope they keep the Bouncing Tigger effect as well. Now this ride is sounding at least a little fun! I had hoped for more than just another dirk ride (read: Superstar limo). I'm glad they got the walls down, it'll be like you can breath there again.

P.S. Sorry MM, I'll quit the puns. Didn't mean to irritate anyone. Is Pooh your favorite? Mickey is mine. I was just having a couple of laughs. Forgive me?:(

Ace
10-07-2002, 03:57 PM
if the guy's right about the interactive then this is going to be TOTALLY SWEET.

RStar
10-07-2002, 04:04 PM
My daughter is totally into Tigger. Our orange stripped tabby cat is named Tigger. Our dog is named Pooh Bear (short stubby legs, face like a bear, not too bright, but real sweet. It fits him well;) ) so the Pooh stories are near and dear to us. So if it is good, yah it'll be sweet.

mousey_girl
10-07-2002, 05:17 PM
You know, this sounds great, but the pessimist in me is going to believe it when it happens.

I would just say for people not to get their hopes up too much. Let's just wait and see what they actually come up with.

Here is the Press Release (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10544) that was posted earlier, it doesn't mention an interactive ride...

MonorailMan
10-07-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by RStar
Mickey is mine.

I shall second that. Go back into the thread for a full explnation.

Let's hope Mickey is may Fav., I use Mickey costume for a sleep outfit. :D