PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland On Halloween

mkyears
10-05-2002, 03:26 PM
HI
I've never been to Disneyland on Halloween. Is there anything special going on besides the Haunted Mansion

madamemortem
10-05-2002, 09:45 PM
As far as I have heard, no. I went to Disneyland 2 years ago on Halloween and was really disappointed that there was nothing going on.:(

MonorailMan
10-06-2002, 02:46 AM
They don't do anything for halloween.

Just remember: Costumes (Disney or not), are not allowed inside the parks. :)

PurpleDove33
10-06-2002, 03:17 AM
I was at DL last Halloween and because it was in the middle of the week, the closed at 8pm. It is the same this yr. Maybe next yr when its on a Friday night or even when it falls on a Saturday night, they will have to park open longer on Halloween. I haven't decided if I am going on Halloween this yr or not. Anyway I thought I should pass this info onto you.

BuenaVista
10-06-2002, 05:12 AM
Holy crap! Disneyland does NOTHING for Halloween!!??

Let me just tell you...right now Tokyo Disneyland is in Halloween FULL swing!!

There is a big parade (Mike and Sully are the "guest stars") TONS of Halloween atmosphere shows (in several locations, featuring bands, dancers, and Donald, Minnie, and Chip and Dale in three of the shows), and the park is totally DECKED out in Ghosts, pumpkins, and other orange and black decorations. Mickey and Minnie's houses in Toontown have been transformed...HUGE statues of ghosts and spirits are found in front of Country Bears, Haunted Mansion...and a huge Mickey shaped Jack-o-lantern in front of the carousel. Dumbo has been adorned with orange "ghost elephants" around the perimiter of the ride...and even the CASTLE is decorated for Halloween.

And all the trash cans in Fantasyland, Westernland, and Toontown have an Orange and Black motif.

And special Halloween menus at the restaurants.

And Halloween balloons being sold around the parks.

And I'm sure I've left some of it out.

I am SHOCKED that Disneyland is doing absolutely (or next to, anyway) nothing!

justagrrl
10-06-2002, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by MonorailMan
They don't do anything for halloween.

Just remember: Costumes (Disney or not), are not allowed inside the parks. :)

Does that include children also? I mean - you always see a few little ones dressed up as princesses or something. Will they not be allowed to dress up as usual?

socabch
10-06-2002, 08:38 AM
Holy crap! Disneyland does NOTHING for Halloween!!??

I think mkyears was asking does DL doing anything special "ON" Halloween night like KBF. DL is celebrating HMH right now and thru the end of the year. It is somewhat a Halloween theme considering what the movie NBC is about. So they are doing something and it'll last longer than a Halloween only celebration. Though it would be nice to see ToonTown decked in Halloween decorations since it is a town atmosphere. Small kids could trick or treat at the doors of the characters homes.

cstephens
10-06-2002, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by justagrrl
Does that include children also? I mean - you always see a few little ones dressed up as princesses or something. Will they not be allowed to dress up as usual?

Children in costumes are ok.

Kuzcotopia
10-06-2002, 11:34 AM
I remember I went to Disneyland on Halloween a couple of years ago.

The Christmas decorations were all up.

So, yes... they do SOMETHING for Halloween. They do Christmas!

Gemini Cricket
10-06-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Kuzcotopia
I remember I went to Disneyland on Halloween a couple of years ago.

The Christmas decorations were all up.

So, yes... they do SOMETHING for Halloween. They do Christmas!
I think we can thank Haunted Mansion Holiday for that. It does seem weird when the Xmas carolers are singing songs on Main Street in Wintery type costumes at the end of October...

Morrigoon
10-06-2002, 03:19 PM
They've gotten better about that in the Cynthia years - they wait til the day after to deck the halls now. But yes, I do remember the year that DL went as Xmas for Halloween.

They did a Halloween Treat once upon a time, but stopped. Pity - how cool would it be to "trick or treat" at the toons' homes (as mentioned above) with the characters passing out the goodies! They could rig it up special, with each child or family going up to the door and having to ring the bell etc. - the whole trick or treat experience (with the characters doing the whole pretending-to-be-scared thing for the little 'uns)

Pooh
10-06-2002, 03:48 PM
I don't remember getting Halloween candy or treats and Disneyland, but I do remember getting treats at Easter and having my picture taken with Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny. It seemed like there was an egg hunt or something. This was in the early to mid 1980s.

Anyone else remember?

Morrigoon
10-06-2002, 03:55 PM
Easter used to be a big deal at DL. I'd like to see it be again - they could do a big easter parade, etc, and televise it (didn't they do that back in the day?) But there are certain food/merchandise things they could do that would make it worth their while - imagine Easter bonnet-making for the little ones! Or an official egg-hunt on TSI! How about all the easter-themed dishes they could sell in the restaurants! I'm thinking carrot cake, I'm thinking deviled eggs, I'm thinking a cross promotion with the Honeybaked Ham company...

If they broadcast an Easter parade from DL, I could kinda forgive them for doing Xmas from WDW.

mad4mky
10-06-2002, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by Morrigoon
They've gotten better about that in the Cynthia years - they wait til the day after to deck the halls now. But yes, I do remember the year that DL went as Xmas for Halloween.

We went to DL 2 years ago on Halloween. While not all the Christmas decorations were up...there were quite a few...well, actually a lot! It was kind of weird and sad at the same time....

But...we still had a great time...the weather was warm...the crowds fairly light...a nice night for all.

And, my two youngest girls did dress up. My oldest daughter wore fairy wings to the park. She was asked to take them off...