PDA

View Full Version : Major Coaster Problems

splbound
06-28-2001, 10:40 AM
I would like to post an observation. We have been going to DCA quite a lot lately.

I have noticed with increasing frequency that Screamin’ is out of commission. Last weekend I even watched a “rescue” of people trapped in the first tube, and it appears that happened again last night, - we ate at Avalon Cove, and once again the train again was up in the first tube. We watched them get it down while we ate. Even when we are not at the park we must drive by Katella and West street daily. I never see it running anymore. Could it be that this brand new coaster needs an overhaul already?

You’d think in 5 months of operation they could have worked the “bugs” out of the ride so that it worked most of the time. It looks like just the opposite is happening. It looks like it is falling apart with each passing day.

Any comments? Anyone else notice this?

WizKidRyan
06-28-2001, 03:57 PM
I for one have cut back on my riding of Screamin' not because of the frequent break downs, but because of the amount of rust (!) at the launch area. Look at the track, the supporting brackets, brakes, magnets. All rusting!!!
Common sense would say "use stainless steel around water" or something like that. Time will tell...

Napsto
06-28-2001, 05:33 PM
i have heard from all you mouseplanetteers about it not working.

LuvTDL
06-28-2001, 09:00 PM
The last few times I've been to DCA, it's been closed... it really sucked cuz I took my brother and he doesn't really like all those movie ride things so I really wanted him to ride Screamin' - and turns out, it was closed... gosh, I felt so bad...