PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Anaheim resort? Opinions?

amismo
10-05-2002, 11:09 AM
Not the Main gate area - but the Holiday inn near the I5. Any comments - reviews - opinions?

Thanks
amismo

Chris Lang
10-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Just stayed there two weeks ago. It's a decent moderately priced hotel. The rooms are normal sized, with the basics. The tram to the park is $2 a day per person, so if there are more than 2-3 of you, you may as well park in the parking structure. (the tram leaves every 30 minutes). It's a 3-Star Hotel, and it has a restaurant in the hotel lobby, and limited room service (breakfast). The rooms feature high-speed internet access, (through the TV), video games and movies (all at an extra cost, of course). The hotel staff was helpful and the cleaning services were adequate. The hotel is a "enter from the outside" stucco job. Some of the hallways are a bit dark (especially where the vending machines are).

We weren't very impressed with the ice/vending machines. Many of the soda machines were empty. It's possible they just hadn't been filled during our stay, but I find it a little unlikely.

I've you've already made your reservation, I don't think you need to cancel. It's decent. Not fantastic, but decent. We booked our stay there through Hotwire.com for $50 a night. I personally wouldn't pay much more to stay there.

roberts1398
10-07-2002, 03:04 PM
I'm not sure which one your talking about -- there's the Holiday Inn Anaheim Resort Area (don't know where exactly it is, but I think it's up in the northwest corner of the park area), and there's the Holiday Inn Anaheim at the Park, which is at 1221 S. Harbor at Ball Rd., with I-5 right at it's back.

If this is the one you're talking about I stayed there last week. The hotel was fine. But don't choose it on a WDTC package, as they made it very clear they considered WDTC guests inferior to their other guests. Almost ruined the trip for my son and I. And then had an AWFUL dinner in Poppy's Cafe, the hotel restaurant. Awful. Had to send it back and eat at Taco Bell across the street.

Nice pool, nice grounds. Comfy average size rooms. Good beds. Tiny bathroom area, but with sink outside the toilet/tub area. Lousy customer service. Running $52/nite on their website. PM me if you want more details...

LifelongAngelsFan
10-07-2002, 09:41 PM
Our family stayed there and were disappointed. First, it right next to I-5...it is so LOUD that you think you are sleeping on the freeway. We had to change rooms to get a room as far away as possible.

There tram service was a joke. It goes once per hour and didn't start until well after Disneyland opened. Why bother?

On the plus side, it has a very nice pool area. Rooms are adequate size and clean. Moderately priced like you would expect from HI.

Too bad as we had thought this inn would be great. We won't stay there again.

roberts1398
10-08-2002, 03:33 PM
Actually, to be honest, I was impressed with how quiet our room was, despite the proximity to I-5. But the pool area is VERY loud. And they are now on the A.R.T. shuttle system, which worked very well for us (albeit off season). The last shuttle stop before returning to the park, so it's a quick trip to the park. Gave me a free card for the length of our stay.

Really, I had no complaints with the room, just with guest services. And the restaurant dinner was HORRIBLE. So if you require no interaction with the front desk and don't eat dinner at the restaurant, it's probably fine.