PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood and Dine reopens... for...

FOOD_AND_DRUG
10-04-2002, 09:22 PM
When Al see's this...he'll puke......

You are invited to join our team in wishing our cherished friend and colleague, Paul Pressler, the very best in his new leadership role as President and CEO of Gap, Inc.

Farewell Reception

Wednesday, October 9, 2002
3:00 - 5:00pm
(presentation at 3:45pm)

Hollywood and Dine
in Disney's California Adventure

Light refreshments will be served.

Please utilize Cast Member entry points to access onstage areas.

HBTiggerFan
10-04-2002, 09:32 PM
So are they are going to also close the Hollywood Backlot or the area around Hollywood and Dine so people don't start thinking its open again or be upset because they can't get in there to eat? This is being held during park hours. :rolleyes:

Nigel2
10-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Well there are large doors on the building (never been inside so I can't say how big it is inside) so they could probably hold it in there without any problem.

bluepearl
10-05-2002, 12:09 AM
Wow, is this a thing for the regular CMs? I haven't heard anything about this, but I find it very interesting!

I don't think they'd close HPB for this; they've closed off the area for Hollywood & Dine before (from what I heard, they were filming something inside - someone mentioned Eisner, but that's all hearsay as I never found out). They just block off the area with those things they have lined around the Hyperion and they'll probably station some CMs outside to re-direct guests and such.

It's pretty large inside the building. I'm curious as to how many people they expect to attend.

tabacco
10-05-2002, 12:48 AM
In August they held a huge event for Guest Services and Attractions CMs in Hollywood and Dine, and we just came in through Hollywood Gate and entered the building through a side door. Maybe that's what they're doing this time as well.

Cooie
10-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Good -- DCA is where his farewell party belongs. If he were to have thrown it in Walt's apartment, I'd have pitched a fit. ;)

tod
10-06-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Cooie
Good -- DCA is where his farewell party belongs. If he were to have thrown it in Walt's apartment, I'd have pitched a fit. ;)

Well, if they had held it at Walt's apartment, somebody might have pitched Pressler off the veranda and into Town Square...

--T
a pretty good friend of Cooie's -- at least until this posts...

CoasterMatt
10-06-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by tod
Well, if they had held it at Walt's apartment, somebody might have pitched Pressler off the veranda and into Town Square...

Thank goodness for high pressure water hoses!

RStar
10-07-2002, 09:23 AM
From what I hear, Pressler's fan club could fit in Walt's apartment!

Disneyphile
10-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Now, if they were going to have a pinata in the likeness of Pressler, I'm sure CM's would be lining up all the way to DCA's entrance just to have a whack.;)

tod
10-07-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by RStar
From what I hear, Pressler's fan club could fit in Walt's apartment!

Upon seeing the immense crowd at Columbia Pictures boss Harry Cohn's funeral, Red Skelton allegedly said:

"See? If you give the people what they want, they'll come."

--T
hoping this is clear even to those who don't know who Cohn or Skelton were