PDA

View Full Version : Would DCA do better if Knott's made it?

HBTiggerFan
10-04-2002, 06:31 PM
There was a statement in the trip report that DCA would do better if it wasn't next door to Disneyland, or didn't have the Disney name on it got me thinking.

Do you think that DCA would do better if Knotts or six-flags built it (with the same attractions/theming...the exact same park) and was placed next to six-flags, knotts or in another area?

My thoughts are yes, it would do better because it wouldn't have the Disney name attached to it, and that level of experience that is mostly expected with something attached to the Disney name would not be there.

Your thoughts?

Berry Princess
10-04-2002, 06:40 PM
I would have to say no. After my recent trip to Knott's I was really disappointed with what has become of it since the last time I had been there. I don't think it would change if it had been either Knott's or Six Flags. But I do think that when you see the name Disney on something you do expect better then what DCA is.

RStar
10-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Yes, Tiggs. I think the expectations of the Disney name may be part of it. But I think they did a wonderfull job with the theming. It's the location that is the problem. Perhaps if it were in the midwest, or Florida. Better yet in the Orient. But to do well here you have to pull in the locals, and they don't want to see their locality, at least not at $45!

So, no I don't think it would have done any better if it was built next to Knott's or Magic Mountain. In fact without the Disney name to pull people in it may have done worse. And I wouldn't go there if I didn't have the AP.

But in the Mall of America perhaps.;)