PDA

View Full Version : Indiana jones adventure attraction poster

TheWaterHorse
06-02-2008, 11:46 AM
I collect attraction posters and hang them throughout by house. The one I don't have is the one that is used for my favorite ride at dl. Does anyone have any idea where/how I can purchase this poster? I am pretty sure they still don't sell it at the park unless they added it for the Indy summer promotion. Thanks guys, your help would be greatly appreciated.

woody9six
06-02-2008, 01:03 PM
I am pretty sure they still have to On Demand attraction poster "machine" at World of Disney where you can purchase most of the attraction posters...it was there last time I was there. So you might want to check there.

Tan Da Man
06-02-2008, 05:11 PM
phil-sears.com has a bunch of attraction posters..I dont know that there is one for Indiana Jones though..but either way there is a lot of neat stuff on the site. I purchased a Pirates of The Caribbean poster and I got amazing service

mstaft
06-02-2008, 07:37 PM
If you get desperate, I have a scan of one.

anniedg
06-03-2008, 06:57 AM
I've gotten attraction posters through Mouseshoppe, you could get in touch with them to see if they can get you one.

http://mouseshoppe.com/

AVP
06-03-2008, 08:55 AM
I have not seen an Indy poster... if they made one, they didn't make it into merchandise.

AVP

olegc
06-03-2008, 09:03 AM
I have not seen an Indy poster... if they made one, they didn't make it into merchandise.

AVP

actually I have seen one - it has the character striking his whip forward at an angle, behind him the vehicle, and behind that a giant snake. the lettering across the top. there are some other details but I think I am forgetting now.

Come to think of it - I think I saw it on a postcard in the Indy store across from the attraction. Again - not too sure but I thought it was there. However, I have never seen it offered on the Disney Print of Demand system.

AVP
06-03-2008, 09:19 AM
actually I have seen one - it has the character striking his whip forward at an angle, behind him the vehicle, and behind that a giant snake. the lettering across the top. there are some other details but I think I am forgetting now.

Come to think of it - I think I saw it on a postcard in the Indy store across from the attraction. Again - not too sure but I thought it was there. However, I have never seen it offered on the Disney Print of Demand system.I think I know the graphic you mean, but is that the attraction poster? I guess since I've never seen it as an actual poster...

AVP

olegc
06-03-2008, 09:42 AM
I think I know the graphic you mean, but is that the attraction poster? I guess since I've never seen it as an actual poster...

AVP

i guess that was my point too... a graphics was made and it COULD be an attraction poster - but they have never offered it like that (not even at the 10th anniversary party).

TheWaterHorse
06-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Thanks everyone for your help! I'm pretty sure this is the attraction poster I have in mind.

http://www.indianajones.com/site/media/downloads/posters/ij4-poster31.jpg

I couldn't find it anywhere. I was thinking about finding some picture online and blowing it up poster size. The problem is though that it would be way to pixely.

For the response with the scan: Is it a big scan or is it a smaller resolution scan?

Again, thanks guys!

Matterhorn Yodeler
06-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the attraction poster I have in mind.

Neat poster. Let us know if you find it!

AVP
06-03-2008, 04:07 PM
I asked a collectibles CM today and she said there was never an attraction poster sold for Indy.

AVP

TheWaterHorse
06-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I asked a collectibles CM today and she said there was never an attraction poster sold for Indy.

AVP

Bummer! Maybe if they get enough requests they'll have it available to purchase. I wonder why they didn't decide to sell it. It is by far one of the coolest posters. I'm guessing it has to do with a copyright thing. From what I here, this poster was made by the same artist who did the Indy movie posters and vhs covers. Maybe someday I'll come across one...

olegc
06-03-2008, 04:27 PM

AVP

well, true it was never sold but it did exist. Go to this link and look at the caption from a photo of the 1995 opening...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050303fa.htm

it looks like one was created (it's the same as that was posted above) but never sold maybe?

jiminycesq
06-04-2008, 03:47 AM
A very long time since I posted, but hello especially to AVP, my old advisory council buddy!

Yes, the poster was sold, initially only to attendees of the VIP party, which is where the photo with Mikey E and George was taken. As I understood it, they had the artist, Drew Struzan (who did many of the LucasFilm posters during original release, including the most recent one) sign a number of them, and had intended for Lucas and Eisner to sign more. They may or may not have done so - I wasnt at that party! But I did see one on display at the Gallery (oh how I miss thee) and asked. A very kind a patient castmember from merchandise (admin, not front end) named Becky put up with my incessant inquiries and lets just say that after making myself a pain, I and a few others were able to purchase some left from the VIP event when they were released. It is now framed and in my stairwell with my other 2D DL treasures (signed by Drew). I cannot say for sure if they ever sold them in a non numbered, non limited edition format.

The LE print shows up occasionally on Ebay; Becky left DL years ago. The Gallery, with the 2 Beverly's and Michelle, and all of the wonderful events pre internet, are beautiful memories. I thank all of you who made those times possible.

olegc
06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
The Gallery, with the 2 Beverly's and Michelle, and all of the wonderful events pre internet, are beautiful memories. I thank all of you who made those times possible.

Here! Here! Kudos and thanks to all who came before us to make the Gallery and those events great.

Bytebear
06-04-2008, 01:50 PM
well, true it was never sold but it did exist. Go to this link and look at the caption from a photo of the 1995 opening...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050303fa.htm

it looks like one was created (it's the same as that was posted above) but never sold maybe?

Is it just me, or does George Lucas look absolutely bored in those pictures.