PDA

View Full Version : Final AP question, I promise

mandi2728
10-03-2002, 04:10 PM
One last question.

If I have a 5 day hopper, that I am using next Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, Frid, and the 5th day being Sat. Can I go in on Sunday morning and upgrade to a AP, or do I have to do it while my 5 day hopper is 'current'

Thank you

MammaSilva
10-03-2002, 04:31 PM
you have to upgrade while the hopper is current unless things have changed in the last few months....so you would need to upgrade on Saturday

teri
10-03-2002, 04:34 PM
I think you can upgrade on any of those days - don't they backdate the AP to the first day the hopper was used?

mandi2728
10-03-2002, 04:38 PM
I didnt think we could upgrade after it was used, but I had to ask. I know we can upgrade any other day, but we were trying to make it a well if we have enough money left, without crimping the trip thing. So we will look into it on Sat!

disguy
10-03-2002, 06:34 PM
I had a four day park hopper which the last day I used it was Sunday. So, Sunday was a blackout day (because of thanks giving weekend) They gave me a voucher to use for the rest of the day and back dayted the pass from the first day use. Just remember if you got a 5 day hopper for the 3 day price they will only give you the amount towards your pass for whatever you paid for.

Did that make sence?
I'm really tired...

Neverland Princess
10-03-2002, 06:50 PM
My recomendation is get the AP while you can get the money toward your 5 day taken off the price. WE had a 4 day park hopper and then after we got home we decided to get the AP. :rolleyes:

roberts1398
10-04-2002, 10:09 AM
You definitely have to upgrade while the tickets are still valid, so in other words, before you leave the parks on Saturday. Might I suggest you upgrade one pass at the beginning, tho? That way you can use that one to get discounts throughout the parks. I upgraded mine to a PAP and my son's to a SoCal AP on Saturday, our second day there. It only cost $9 to upgrade his. And I got discounts at every restaurant in the park we ate at (even the B-Day Bucket at Blue Bayou), and on all purchases in all the stores of $10 or more. I saved a lot! And even one more day's visit in the next year, and I'll have saved the money.

Re: the child's 5 day for the price of 3 park hopper --- I strongly recommend if you have any of these (having paid $90 for them), you convert these to a SoCal AP once you hit the Saturday of your trip. Although Sat. is a block out day, if you upgrade that day, your ok for the day. As it costs only $9 to upgrade, you "reserve" that money paid for possible future trips, and if you never come back, you only wasted $9 per kid. And if you decide to come back at a block out time, you can always pay $60 to upgrade to a DAP, or $120 to a PAP if you had to. Or pay for the $25 block out ticket. But this is definitely the way to go. And you get many of the discounts still with the SCAP (but not the shopping ones). And there is NO RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT for the SoCal AP. I confirmed this when we bought ours on Saturday, openly stating we live in Sacramento.

Have fun!

Nancy
10-04-2002, 06:00 PM
I just ordered our APs over the internet. It was very easy, I just called the Annual Pass #(714 781 4400 ) They are so nice and can answer any question for you.:D

roberts1398
10-07-2002, 03:06 PM
Do you mean you ordered them over the phone? If you really ordered them actually online, share the website...

Morrigoon
10-07-2002, 04:37 PM
Yes be sure to watch those blockout days when upgrading from multi-day tix to APs. Don't upgrade til the last blocked out day (unless you're going to get the Premium AP, in which case you may as well get it from the outset.)

Nancy
10-07-2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by roberts1398
Do you mean you ordered them over the phone? If you really ordered them actually online, share the website...

Yes, I did mean the website phone number, sorry!:(