PDA

View Full Version : Queue areas

ErikBsandiego
10-03-2002, 02:32 PM
I want to suggest one of the "downsides" with net addition new E tix rides to the park - the area needed for quing

I am sure countless disney fans remember all too well that when Indy first opened (for at least 2 years) on weekends (NOT high summer) the line could stretch back into the central circle. I was a real operational challenge with CM stationed at crowd access breaks at the entrance to Adventureland, Treehouse, and Jungle Cruise. The park fealt uncomfortably crowded in Adventure land - to the point I would often swing through Frontier land on the way to NOS to avoid the human crush.

This would also seem a problem with another E tix. in fantasy land - already the ques and really crowd up that area......

The obvious place for the "next big thing" would be Sub Lagoon/Innovations area. You really have a dead area in that part of the park and a large queing capacity for Space Mountain up on the "second level".

Lets get with it Disney! Create a NEED for us southern californias to go!

(PS....going for the first time since DCA opened to see it first hand)

RStar
10-04-2002, 07:44 AM
I'm not completely clear as to what you are trying to get at in your post, but I think it is that if they add another E ticket ride they will have the large queue problem to deal with. And that the sub lagoon area would be the best piece of real estate to expand on.

This is very true, I think, when you consider the sad state of tomorrowland and how much unused space is there. And one good example of a great plan for the queue line to deal with the crowding was Rocket Rods. This shows that they understand the need to build a good queue line to keep people intertained, out of the weather, and out of the way of crowding of the coridors. The problem, however, was that it ate up two attractions to do it and some back stage area. And when the ride died, it was a loss of two D tickets, not just one E ticket.

And a bad example of queue jamming is the rocket ride at the front entrance of Tomorowland. That was a real bad idea.

Yes the point is that we need a new E ticket at Disneyland!