PDA

View Full Version : Anaheim GardenWalk and Cold Stone Creamery are now open!

Darkbeer
05-30-2008, 07:30 AM
Cold Stone Creamery, located on Harbor right across from the Disneyland Pedestrian Entrance opened on Wednesday. Yummy Stuff!!!

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/5054422_uPpgz (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/5054422_uPpgz)

Also, Thursday was the first day that the main part of the Anaheim GardenWalk was opened to the public... Still a couple of weeks away from most stores opening up, but ONE store is open for business... The Sketchers Store

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/5054449_YK9uH (http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/5054449_YK9uH)

splash
05-30-2008, 08:06 AM
Where is the Anaheim Garden Walk located?

Darkbeer
05-30-2008, 08:33 AM
Where is the Anaheim Garden Walk located?

Basically just east of the Disneyland Resort.

The main entrance of the new Anaheim GardenWalk is on Disney Way, which is the main roadway that Northbound traffic from Interstate 5 uses to access the Timon and Pummba parking lots.

Hi-Ho
05-30-2008, 08:57 AM
Darkbeer, I hope you know how much out of staters (and I am sure those in state too) appreciate your knowledge, updates and photos. Keeps us connected - love it!!

We will be there in a couple weeks....staying at CCI. Assume it's too far to walk to Garden Walk - is there free parking there? To clarify....is the east side where PP and DLH are? (opposite of CCI)?

Darkbeer
05-30-2008, 09:09 AM
I have walked the area many times, and it is a short walk, basically just walk east on Katella.

As for parking, it is LIMITED free parking with validation, depending on where you get your ticket validated. Movies give you the longest time (I think 5 hours), but I would just walk....(about a 1/4 of a mile from the CCI lobby to the Main Pedestrian Entrance of AGW on Katella...

Here is a marked map showing the location...

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1944103

And the Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel are on the WEST side of the Resort. (Disneyland is on the north end, DCA on the South).

Hi-Ho
05-30-2008, 09:13 AM
Great - thanks! Hopefully most of the Garden Walk will be open when we are there.

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-30-2008, 11:04 AM
As always, thanks for the fantastic photos!

Cold Stone Creamery, located on Harbor right across from the Disneyland Pedestrian Entrance opened on Wednesday. Yummy Stuff!!!

Yes, it will be great to have a Cold Stone next to DL! I noticed that they have the regular prices...no mark-up for the location. The only thing puzzling is a 10 PM closing.:confused:

Seems they would want to stay open during weekends and summer months until 1 AM, about an hour after park closing. Lots of people walking back to their hotels would want a tasty treat. And for a family of four, I bet it would be about a $10 savings from buying ice cream inside DLR.

Also, Thursday was the first day that the main part of the Anaheim GardenWalk was opened to the public... Still a couple of weeks away from most stores opening up, but ONE store is open for business... The Sketchers Store

I'm looking forward to the Anaheim GardenWalk, especially the many restaurant choices. Noticed a "Marble Slab Creamery" in your photos...wherever did they come up with that idea for an ice cream parlor???:D

Also saw your reflection in the Kay Jewelers window. Now I'll have a place to buy my diamonds before going to Disneyland!:p

Do you know what the parking rates will be?

Thanks again for all the info!!!

Andrew
05-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Noticed a "Marble Slab Creamery" in your photos...wherever did they come up with that idea for an ice cream parlor???:D
Actually Marble Slab was first out of the gate, but Cold Stone has been more successful and expanded faster.

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-30-2008, 11:15 AM
Actually Marble Slab was first out of the gate, but Cold Stone has been more successful and expanded faster.

First I've heard of them...is this the first store in SoCal? Where did they get started?

AVP
05-30-2008, 12:21 PM
First I've heard of them...is this the first store in SoCal? Where did they get started?Marble Slab opened in the early 80s in Texas. Cold Stone started in Arizona in the late 80s - Tony still talks about going to the original location when he was in college.

AVP

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-30-2008, 02:17 PM
Marble Slab opened in the early 80s in Texas. Cold Stone started in Arizona in the late 80s - Tony still talks about going to the original location when he was in college.

AVP

I can see why one caught on and the other is now playing catch up. Marble Slab sounds like something you would find in a coroner's office!:D

Any difference between the two or are they pretty much the same idea?

twindaddy
05-30-2008, 05:43 PM
In my experience, they are pretty much the same.

Burnt Toast
05-30-2008, 06:47 PM
It was good to see you yesterday, Darkbeer. :) Sorry about me getting all excited about my friends bringing me food, I was pulling a double shift (730 to 2030!) and I was starving. :D

Was good talking to you.

RStar
05-31-2008, 10:59 AM
When is the grand opening of the Garden Walk? I thought I read somewhere it is this weekend, then I read somewhere else it was June. I'm so confused....;)

Leap for Joy
05-31-2008, 12:36 PM
Do you know what the parking rates will be?

I'm spacing on the hourly rate, but I remember the max daily rate is $12. We had 2 hour free validation from dining at California Pizza Kitchen, which I highly recommend!

Leap for Joy
05-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Darkbeer, were the protesters demonstrating while you were there? Do you understand their cause? Their signs said the GardenWalk was bad for the Anaheim economy -- I didn't ask them questions and now I'm curious.

RStar
05-31-2008, 07:03 PM
They were there today, and I didn't understand what they were talking about. Their sign said it was bad for our community. It's a resort area, and has led to more jobs, so I don't get it.

By the way, a security guard said they still aren't sure when the "Grand opening" would be, but he thinks about three weeks.

It's looking good, though!

Empico
06-08-2008, 08:28 AM
I walked the Garden Walk Saturday before last. There's nothing "garden" about it and it's not Disney. However, it's a great place for people who have more money than they can spend at Disneyland, DCA, and Downtown Disney.

Foodie
06-08-2008, 08:54 AM
I've heard that it was a lot of restaurants. Are there shops too?

Bytebear
06-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Yes there are shops, and a bowling alley.

AaronInCal
06-08-2008, 02:29 PM
Yesterday I saw a banner on the fence on the corner of Clementine and Disney Way that said the Grand Opening for GardenWalk is June 14 & 15. Maybe they just decided on that weekend, which is next weekend, actually!