PDA

View Full Version : Maynard in HMH ad?

justagrrl
10-03-2002, 08:06 AM
I saw an ad for HMH last night and I could have sworn they had Maynard in it - at the end - with a big grin and all dressed up. Did anyone else see the ad?

Ghoulish Delight
10-03-2002, 08:09 AM
It was definitely NOT Maynard. It was someone much younger.

justagrrl
10-03-2002, 08:11 AM
LOL - see...I wasn't watching it very carefully and when I looked up at the last moment - to the guy at the very end of the end - it resembled him.

Thanks for clarifying though. :)

MouseWife
10-03-2002, 08:15 AM
Yes! It looks remarkably like him!! Or at least of photos I have seen of him.

Younger, yes, but I wonder if they used him as a model in their search for this person?

So many people identify him and like him.

At least I am not the only one to think this. :)

Ghoulish Delight
10-03-2002, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by MouseWife
Yes! It looks remarkably like him!! Or at least of photos I have seen of him.

Younger, yes, but I wonder if they used him as a model in their search for this person?

So many people identify him and like him.

At least I am not the only one to think this. :) I took one look at it and immediately thought, "What, they couldn't get Maynard? Who's this cheap imitation?" :p

Allysen1Derland
10-03-2002, 10:06 AM
Crazy! :) I thought that also!

I, too, saw that ad after the Angel/Yankee game last night (BTW-Yay Angels!) Anyhow, I thought it was Maynard at first glance! I got a better glimpse at the end, and realized it wasn't him-but at first the resemblance seemed uncanny! :)

DLfreak
10-03-2002, 10:10 AM
Yeah....when I first looked up at the commercial my first thought was, Is that Maynard?!?! But quickly realized it wasn't.
I think it would have been very cool if they had used him though!!! :D

Traci
10-03-2002, 10:26 AM
I haven't seen the commercial yet. :(

Now I need to see it!!!!!!!!!!

Hi DL Freak!

DLfreak
10-03-2002, 10:29 AM
Hi Traci! :D
It was on during Whose Line the other night! Didn't you see it?

Laffite
10-03-2002, 11:41 AM
See? I'm not the only one that thought that was Maynard on TV! I just saw a glimse of the mile-wide smile and I thought it was Maynard, instinctively. (there's a spelling error or two in there somewhere)

MonorailMan
10-03-2002, 03:53 PM
It was not maynard. A zoom in screen capture looks like the name tag is blank. I will investigate more.

PurpleDove33
10-03-2002, 05:10 PM
I too thought the same thing at first, that they used Maynard for the comercial. I have seen it 4 or 5 times already. I don't know why they didn't use Maynard either. I think he would have done it great. Two weeks ago, I finally got to meet the imfamous Maynard. He was working on the Jungle Cruise. I don't think I have laughed as hard as I did on that ride in a long time. I just hope I get to be in the HMH when Maynard is working. I am going on Saturday, very early and that will be the first ride of the day. Have a great weekend.

HBTiggerFan
10-03-2002, 07:06 PM
from my HMH is upon us thread:

HMH commericals are running frequently on NBC. The one that is showing has a "host" say "hes back". I want to know who that guy is, I was hoping it was Maynard but it doesn't look like him.

Ghoulish Delight
10-03-2002, 08:31 PM
It could be something as simple as the fact that Maynard isn't a SAG member. The ad business is pretty tough right now, SAG nearly (or did? I can't remember now) go on strike on behalf of commercial actors about a year and a half ago. That guy probably is not a CM at all, but a SAG actor.

HBTiggerFan
10-03-2002, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
It could be something as simple as the fact that Maynard isn't a SAG member. The ad business is pretty tough right now, SAG nearly (or did? I can't remember now) go on strike on behalf of commercial actors about a year and a half ago. That guy probably is not a CM at all, but a SAG actor.

Well thats just wrong...the actor not being a CM. Nothing wrong with being a SAG actor. You're probably right.

Morrigoon
10-04-2002, 12:29 AM
I know he's done some film stuff, but it was probably non-union. Pity. Darn pity.

Disney could be using Maynard for SO many things! Imagine doing a science show with mad professor Maynard! heh. They could have used him on a guest contract, couldn't they?