PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones Hats Now Available At The Mad Hatter

MKY4ME
05-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Saw these today, they are very nice. The "hard" one is Adult S-XL for $48 and the "soft" version is $38. There are also kids sizes, not sure what size they are or their price, sorry.

olegc
05-28-2008, 04:37 PM
these have been available for years at the Indiana Jones shop across the path from the Forbidden Eye attraction... same prices, too.

yohomama212
05-29-2008, 07:35 AM
DH picked up his Indy hat early last year. Still waiting for the whip though!

Elizabeth

HisKid
05-29-2008, 07:51 AM
DH picked up his Indy hat early last year. Still waiting for the whip though!

Elizabeth

My dh got one, too. His is filthy, though. I keep forgetting to stop by again and see if there were any instructions on spot cleaning on the label, lol. Oh well... I guess Indy's was always dirty too, huh? lol

Corith
05-29-2008, 08:22 AM
The indy hats sold in the park bite. They have no satin liner; most are a "C" crown, not a center dent with a pinched front; are made from cheap felt; and have a cloth, not leather sweatband.

Real indy hats are available from several sources, Adventurebilt (the best), Lee Keppler, Magnoli Clothiers, Todd's Costumes, and Peters Brothers.

I current own a Keppler and I'm waiting on my hand made AB (11 month wait)

Check out http://www.indygear.com/ for more details.

olegc
05-29-2008, 08:47 AM
The indy hats sold in the park bite. They have no satin liner; most are a "C" crown, not a center dent with a pinched front; are made from cheap felt; and have a cloth, not leather sweatband.

Real indy hats are available from several sources, Adventurebilt (the best), Lee Keppler, Magnoli Clothiers, Todd's Costumes, and Peters Brothers.

I current own a Keppler and I'm waiting on my hand made AB (11 month wait)

Check out http://www.indygear.com/ for more details.

I just bought mine on May 21st (at the Indy store in adventureland) - and it has a satin lining, and a leather sweat band inside the hat. Pinched front. and it's 100% wool.

There are two types of hats for sale, both expensive. One style is like I said above. the second is without a liner and leather sweat band. So it's a little flimsy on the structure and can be crushed or rolled. both are $48 for adult sizes and $44 for child.

HisKid
05-29-2008, 08:51 AM
Oh, hmm... the one that dh has is different, so I guess it's not really an Indy hat. <shrug> No matter. DH loves it and wears it all the time. :)

TikiGeek
05-29-2008, 08:57 AM
Hat History: (http://www.hathistory.org/indiana_jones/index.html)

The fedoras used in Raiders of the Lost Ark were all reportedly supplied by Herbert Johnson based on a Brazilian line of hats. The brim was wide, with a tall untapered crown, very little rounding at the top, and a tight high pinch and center dent.

Stetson had allowed their license on the hat expire; and Dorfman-Pacific now holds the license agreement with Lucas Films Indiana Jones(TM) for the official Indiana Jones hat.

potzbie
05-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Years ago, I bought an Indiana Jones style hat at the DISCOVERY (channel) store, in Sherman Oaks.

No, it was not authentic.
But by cracky, it's pretty nifty.
And it is water repellent, too.

And one day, yes, I wore it to Disneyland. It felt good walking in with it on.

foolishmortal
05-29-2008, 05:54 PM
Got a hat at Dl indy style, heavy leather, satin sweet band made in the usa (a major plus for me I prefer usa made) high top ,slight in dent in top and pinch frount. I bought it for Dh but didn't fit his big noggin so it's mine now and I wear all the time outdoors. Has held up well to sweat and farm dirt!;)

The kids at Boo's school find it cool when I wear it in the summer!LOL A bonus for any "mom" to be "cool"!;)

MKY4ME
05-29-2008, 06:58 PM
these have been available for years at the Indiana Jones shop across the path from the Forbidden Eye attraction... same prices, too.

they are VERY NICE, with metal Indiana Jones tag on the band....I assume they are different since we were specifically told about them and told to tell guests about them>>>>

foolishmortal
05-29-2008, 07:01 PM
COOL NEW HATS!!!!:fez:

jazzysmom
05-30-2008, 10:34 AM
My DH loves his Indy hat! We got it a reaaaaaly long time ago at the Indy store across from the ride. Here we are all dressed up for the 12:01am premiere...He is wearing the hat & jacket (both from Disneyland) I am dressed as Marion Ravenwood (complete with the necklace from Raiders!) my eldest DD is Mutt Williams and my youngest is Short Round. We are such geeks, but man do we have fun!

mstaft
06-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Very cool!