PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass For Toy Story Mania?

kiki
05-28-2008, 09:36 AM
Im going to DL in July and I know everyone will be in line for Toy Story Mania. Does anyone know if they will be offering fast passes for it? I couldnt find any other post about it:(.

Bytebear
05-28-2008, 09:54 AM
The Florida version does support FastPass, so I assume the Disneyland version will as well. :)

Darkbeer
05-28-2008, 10:42 AM
As I understand it, the DCA version will NOT offer Fastpass

dittersdorf
05-28-2008, 01:39 PM
It seems odd that they would build an all-new attraction with an all-new show building which didn't support fast pass, but you never know. I'm assuming that the only reasons that some popular attractions(like the Matterhorn or Peter Pan's Flight) don't support fast pass is because the que (sp?) doesn't allow for it (which would also explain why there's no fast pass for Finding Nemo).

HisKid
05-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Is the queue HCA? I assume so, since most of DCA is, but just checking. Anyone know?

Darkbeer
05-28-2008, 02:16 PM
Yes, in fact, Toy Story Mania! has a seperate boarding area for those who need more time and/or assistance to board the ride.

So everyone will wait in the same queue until just before boarding, and then those who need the extra assistance will split off into a seperate queue.

Think of Grizzly River Run, Tower of Terror and Monsters, Inc. for the way the queue works. And maybe something similar to Space Mountain for the boarding option.

But for Toy Story Mania!, multiple vehicles can go down the seperate track, so one group can unload, while another loads, and then when the vehicle is ready, it goes back onto the main track. Similar to a "spur track" that trains use.

As for no Fastpass, DCA is already low in the attraction count, and many folks call it a "half-day" park, by not adding Fastpass, they get the average guest to stay longer in the park, and the suits get their "numbers" up.

As I understand it, the ride was designed so a FastPass upgrade could be added later (like when Cars Land opens).

pixar
05-28-2008, 02:56 PM
As for no Fastpass, DCA is already low in the attraction count, and many folks call it a "half-day" park, by not adding Fastpass, they get the average guest to stay longer in the park, and the suits get their "numbers" up.

I thought fastpass also benefited the park? instead of the guest standing in line, he or she is wondering the park, possibly in a store buying merchandise, or getting a snack or drink? if I were the one deciding, I'd put in fastpass. :)

kiki
05-29-2008, 07:34 AM
thanx for the info:). Im surprised that they will not be offering it, being a new ride and all, but its the same as Nemo so:confused:. Hopefully the line wont be as long as Nemo since DCA is never packed anyway.

daveywest
05-29-2008, 07:36 AM
At DCA, attendance is a bigger priority right now, as opposed to DL, where milking every last dollar out of ya is the goal. ;-)

Autopia Guy
05-30-2008, 10:55 AM
To be honest, I hope they never put in FastPass. The attraction moves fast enough that it should keep the line almost always moving. But what I did see of the queue when I went on it, it does feel as though they do have it set up for a possible future FastPass.

And I think DCA might have a few days where it gets closed here after TSMM opens. People who were smart and got the 2fer right before it ended and haven't used the DCA part yet can all come back for free and go to the newest attraction. Add to that the fact that I'm getting this feeling that they are going to try and open the Monorail at the same time as TSMM makes for even more fun. Anyone wanna take bets on if the gates will close to either park right as the summer season starts?

SpacedOutCM
05-31-2008, 04:13 PM
As already mention no Fast Pass for Toy Story Midway Mania. And I am glad.

But for Toy Story Mania!, multiple vehicles can go down the seperate track, so one group can unload, while another loads, and then when the vehicle is ready, it goes back onto the main track. Similar to a "spur track" that trains use.
If you are talking about the seperate loading area for wheelchairs or Guests needing more time to board and disembark, that part of the station is only capable of holding one vehicle at a time. If a vehicle is parked at that station, another vehicle can not be brought in until that one leaves

jazzysmom
06-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Thank you for the info! I can't wait to go on this!

anniedg
06-03-2008, 11:16 AM
And I think DCA might have a few days where it gets closed here after TSMM opens. People who were smart and got the 2fer right before it ended and haven't used the DCA part yet can all come back for free and go to the newest attraction. Add to that the fact that I'm getting this feeling that they are going to try and open the Monorail at the same time as TSMM makes for even more fun. Anyone wanna take bets on if the gates will close to either park right as the summer season starts?

Bummer for us! We'll only have three days at DLR -- June 16th, 17th & 18th -- now I'm braceing for crowds at DL and CA :crying:

danyoung
06-04-2008, 07:50 AM
...by not adding Fastpass, they get the average guest to stay longer in the park, and the suits get their "numbers" up.

I'm not sure I buy this argument, DB. If I wanted to ride TSM, but the queue was an hour long, I'd probably not get in line. If I did, I'd be there for an hour and then whatever time the ride takes. But if I could get a FP with a reasonable return time (within 2 or 3 hours), I'd get one and then spend the intervening time visiting other attractions. So it seems to me that no FP would mean that there is less of a tendency to stay longer in the park.

VickiC
06-04-2008, 10:11 AM
Besides, attendance is counted by the number of people who enter the park, not how long they stay.

Darkbeer
06-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Actually, attendance is counted when you enter and leave the park turnstiles (and why you have to use the turnstiles to leave, unless the park has reached closing time, where they just open up the flood gates (they know the final count).

Also, the survey takers have a set of questions they ask a lot, including about what time you entered the park when you are leaving,. to get an average length of stay.

And the goal is to get locals (read AP holders and the new Summer SoCal offer guests) to spend more time at DCA, and less at Disneyland. And many AP holders know the tricks about FP, such as getting it early in the day, and then return anytime before closing. And spend all the time in between at Disneyland.

Burnt Toast
06-07-2008, 01:35 PM
No Disney's FASTPASS for the attraction, but I was told by my source that there WILL be single-rider.

kisroo
06-08-2008, 08:21 PM
Bummer for us! We'll only have three days at DLR -- June 16th, 17th & 18th -- now I'm braceing for crowds at DL and CA :crying:

Funny, I'm saying "YAY!!! Everyone will flock to Toy Story Mania and not ToT!!" That is the effect that Nemo had on Fantasyland when we were there in June last year. ;) I'm looking forward to riding it when we're there.

~kisroo:)