PDA

View Full Version : IOA's triceratops encounter

JRob2k1
06-27-2001, 06:19 PM
Its an attraction thats very easy to miss but I thought it was one of the most incredible AA figure I have ever seen. It was amazingly real and the presentation that goes along with the Triceratops is equally impressive.

They way they programmed the dinosaur to interact with the "trainer" and the other guest makes for an incredible experience. Plus, to keep the authenticity, the Triceratops, goes to bathroom on occasion. Just an amazing creation.

Kudos to the designers of that attraction!!

-JRob

AnimeNut
06-28-2001, 01:05 PM
Hey, everybody!

JRob2k1: Chris the Trike is hands-down the most fascinating thing at Universal. As I mentioned on another thread, I've seen kids "encounter" Chris with a look of wonder that I thought could only exist in a Disney park. It's also yet another shining example of how seriously Universal regards talent in their employees. Sure, the guides on Kongfrontation and Jaws are fairly hit-and-miss these days, but the animal trainers in the Triceratops Encounter take what may very well be the trickiest job in the resort -- continuously delivering a looping spiel while pretending to feed and nurture a giant robot as if it were the most natural thing in the world -- and do a bang-up job. You almost get the feeling that they actually care for the ever-androgynous Chris.

Unfortunately, I had the unlucky displeasure of experiencing what happens when this attraction breaks down. Chris basically slips into a coma, freezing in any random position. During my last visit, one of the kids was petting Chris when, suddenly, he/she just sorta froze with his/her eyes half-closed. The animal trainer quickly told everybody that Chris was "feeling a little sick" and herded everybody out the nearest exit. This meant people who had just come in had to do a 180 and wait outside the entrance. It was hardly the smoothest of procedures, and I wonder if this break-down spiel has been tweaked since then.

One more thing: to whomever's reading this thread and is familiar with The Triceratops Encounter, I have a poll question for you...

Do you believe Chris is male or female?

JRob2k1
06-28-2001, 01:23 PM
Wow, I didnt know it had a name.

I went last summer and almost didnt go on it because we couldn't FIND it. I think a lot of people might have that same problem, because when I talk to people about IOA, they dont know about the Triceratops!!

I got to touch Chris!!!:D :D

-JRob

P.S. I have no idea what Chris is...Female?