PDA

View Full Version : Lockers?

CountryBehr
10-01-2002, 07:13 AM
Can anyone tell me if there are rentable lockers in the park anywhere and if so, where? I want to buy stuff as I go through the park, but I don't want to drag it around with me all day.
Thanks.

disneyscott
10-01-2002, 07:31 AM
It all is about size......the more it cost the larger it is

Inside Disney they are on main street. right side about half way down. 4&5 doller for the whole day

Outside park

Inside picknick area 5&6 doller and to the left of the entrance 3,4,5 doller

DCA

to the right of the entrance and next to GGR

Ghoulish Delight
10-01-2002, 07:34 AM
Inside Disneyland, the lockers are half way down Main Street, on the right hand side. Look for a fruit stand, it's between the buildings, behind this fruit stand.

There are also a few other locker locations in the resort. There is one outside the gates of Disneyland, on the left hand side if you are facing the gates. There are lockers just inside the entrance of DCA on the right hand side. And there are some by Grizzly in DCA, but these are mostly used by Grizzly riders to keep things dry (and they are free for an hour).

disguy
10-01-2002, 08:27 AM
Just a warning:

I used the GRR lockers once the automatic system switched my locker number and pass code. Which could have allowed someone else to open my locker. I had to get a cm lead to open it. He quickly called someone to look into the matter. I would advice you not to put to much valuables in these "new" systems they have. I sure miss the old orange key you would put on your key ring :(. Do they still have the old lockers at Disney?

cstephens
10-01-2002, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by CountryBehr
Can anyone tell me if there are rentable lockers in the park anywhere and if so, where? I want to buy stuff as I go through the park, but I don't want to drag it around with me all day.
Thanks.

You can also take your packages to the newsstand (the little shop/kiosk at the exit - the one you can visit without going into the park) and drop them off. They'll have you fill out a form, and at the end of the day, just present your form and pick up your packages. I believe you can also do that in the Emporium, but I'm not sure where. Be sure to ask a CM when you make your purchases.

goofey
10-01-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by cstephens
You can also take your packages to the newsstand (the little shop/kiosk at the exit - the one you can visit without going into the park) and drop them off. They'll have you fill out a form, and at the end of the day, just present your form and pick up your packages. I believe you can also do that in the Emporium, but I'm not sure where. Be sure to ask a CM when you make your purchases. You can also drop off your packages at Pioneer Mercantile in Frontierland, Premiere Shop in Tomorrowland, and Greetings from California in DCA. It's possible that some other locations are offering this service as well, but if they are they are doing so unofficially. But beware, you MUST pick up your package from the location where you drop it off. I know some CMs have told guests that their stuff would be brought from Fr-land or TL to the Newsstand. We used to offer that service, but it ended in March of this year due to budget cuts. That subject was addressed in this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7869).

mystycalchyk
10-01-2002, 12:51 PM
you can also not take your purchases anywhere. you can arrange for package pickup at the news stand as well. i dont think i have ever done anything else, except for small things (cd's pins and such) :D

Cadaverous Pallor
10-01-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by mystycalchyk
you can also not take your purchases anywhere. you can arrange for package pickup at the news stand as well. i dont think i have ever done anything else, except for small things (cd's pins and such) :D Um, didn't goofey just point out that this service no longer exists? Or am I confused here?

mystycalchyk
10-01-2002, 03:16 PM
sorry, thats what i get for skimming..my bad

*slinks back out*

Neverland Princess
10-01-2002, 04:42 PM
If you are staying at one of the resort hotels. The shops will send your purchases to the bell desk by 7am the next morning! We use it all the time when we're down there!

HBTiggerFan
10-01-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by disguy
Just a warning:

I used the GRR lockers once the automatic system switched my locker number and pass code. Which could have allowed someone else to open my locker. I had to get a cm lead to open it. He quickly called someone to look into the matter. I would advice you not to put to much valuables in these "new" systems they have. I sure miss the old orange key you would put on your key ring :(. Do they still have the old lockers at Disney?

I think that may be because they are intended for a short time use, and automatically reset after one entry. If this is the case there should be something posted.

The lockers by the gates and other areas of the DLR don't reset after one opening, and are often sold out even if they are empty because they do not reset.

I don't think they have any of the old lockers.

mousey_girl
10-01-2002, 06:34 PM
The only key-style lockers left are over by the Fantasyland Theater. There aren't many of them there and the only place you can buy the tokens for them is at the little kodak booth around the corner. The biggest problem is that little kodak booth isn't always open and they are too far away from most things to be conveinent.

QueenofHearts
04-04-2003, 04:58 PM
I Just asked the rep at Walt Disney Travel if there were lockers inside the park and she said they were only in the picnic area (between the two parks??) now (I don't know where that is). Can anyone confirm? Have they removed all lockers inside DL or are they still there (and where?).

Last time, we brought backpacks with sweaters/change of clothes for the kids etc and it was a drag lugging them around all day.

Thanks!

mousey_girl
04-04-2003, 05:39 PM
The lockers are all still there:

Picknic area (haven't seen these, but I know they are there somwhere :) )

To the left of the entrance to DL (as you face the main gate, where the bathrooms are)

1/2 way down Main Street on the right

Fantasyland Theater area (I do NOT recommend using these, they are a royal pain in the butt)

DCA has 2:

As you enter the park, on the right (where the bathrooms are)

Behind a small wall near GRR (these are free for 1 hr-mostly only to use when riding the ride)

We use lockers when we are going for a day trip. We decided that the ones outside DL are the most convienent. We usually start our day in DL and then wander over to DCA around 12-1ish and when we get tired we can grab our stuff without having to manuver thru the crowds.

QueenofHearts
04-06-2003, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by mousey_girl
The lockers are all still there:

Fantasyland Theater area (I do NOT recommend using these, they are a royal pain in the butt)

What's wrong with the Fantasyland ones? With little kids, we'll be spending lots of time in Fanstasyland and that seems kind of convenient for me.

mousey_girl
04-06-2003, 08:36 PM
First, you have to have a token to open them. Since the only place you can buy the tokens is the small, not always open, Kodak booth, this can be a problem.

Also they aren't in FL, they are next to the FL Theater. They are actually across from Small World, close to the entrance to Toon Town. After a long day they are pretty far off of the beaten path to be useful.

Been there, done that, threatened by Hubby to NEVER do it again.