PDA

View Full Version : My trip report

winniepooh
10-01-2002, 05:29 AM
This August my boyfriend and I spent 4 glorious days at the Disneyland resort.
3 days in DL and 1 day at DCA.

The first day we spent at DL, it was a sunday and the weather was cloudy and not that warm, I know that to most people this means bad weather, but for me this is goooood. I live in Denmark that has climate similar to Oregon (but probably a little colder and a little more humid) and hot weather wears me out.
We started of at Carnation café, A day at Disney is not perfect without a Mickey Mouse waffle and raspberry icetea for breakfeast.
The clouds made attendance light and we hardly had to wait in any lines, so we did a lot of rides that day, we loked at the shops, but did not buy anything. In the evening we had Fantasmic balchony seats. I know this is pricey, but it is SO woth it, I could even do without the great desserts, I just like not being pushed around. To me Fantasmic is one of the best things at the park, and I watched it 3 times during our visit..

The next saturday was our second visit, this time we brought a relative who works at a Disney store, can you say.. SHOPPING.
This day was a lot hotter, and I had a very bad sunburn (Catalina+ Ocean Rafting+ NO suncreen= Yes, I am THAT stupid).
So I enjoyed hanging out at the cooled stores more than standing in long hot lines. Being a WDCC figurine collector I was very dissapointed with the selection, I was expecting more.
That night we also watched Fantasmic, but from the ground.

The day after it was DCA day.
Since Disneyland opens 2 hours before DCA we went there for beakfeast. When we arrived we noticed there were lines to enter DCA, one hour before its opening! We talked about getting a picture and emailing this to Al. It was because of the ABC event.
Now here are my thoughts on DCA:

The good: I loooooved Soarin´ I loved Screaming, my Boyfriend fell in love with Blast, we watched it twice that day, and went to see the full show at Ryce hall, and I have ordered him the DVD for christmas. I also liked Bugs, Muppets and the animation exibit.
We did not go on Grizzly, because the line were 2-3 hours. I also liked seing MSEP again, I had seen it at DLP twice.

The Bad: There is not enough to do. We spent 11 hours there on a day that was busier than usual we tried every ride we found interesting (exept Grizzly) and the rides we really liked we tried
2-4 times, including all the times we spent at the shops we had a full day. However in Disneyland I never feel I have enough time to do everything I want even though we always stay at the park open to close.
I did not care for the theeming, in DL I am in a magical wonderland where dreams come true, at DCA I was in California it reminded me of a nice outdoor mall with rides here and there. My boyfriend commented on this as well.I would never pay 45 $ to enter this park, it is an ok addition if you have a parkhopperpass, but I dont think this park can stand on its own.
The last day we spent at the park was mainly about preparing for not seing the park again for a few years. Doing all the favorites.
I did notice some places that needed painting, and that upset me. What made the biggest impact on my boyfriend was peoples need to throw coins into everything resembling water. We actually have a picture of an urinal with pennies in it.
I had a GREAT vacation, but it would have been nice to have tried something new in park, there were nothing new since our last visit in 2000 exept closures.
So there it is..