PDA

View Full Version : name that railroad !

zapppop
06-27-2001, 01:44 PM
Hi Ian !

I was looking at one of your recent pictorials on MP and you mentioned that the trains still say " Euro Disneyland RailRoad " but that will change the next time they're refurbished.

Well, I was talking to someone at Disneyland about that and they told me that Disney has no intention of renaming the trains. When I asked why, he told me that it's because trains are very popular in europe and noted that if they wanted to rename them, they would've done it when they changed the name of the park from Euro Disneyland to Disneyland Paris, 6 1/2 years ago.

A friend of mine, an entertainment consultant, also said the same thing.

So are they gonna rename the trains or just leave them alone ?

I'm confused.

mickeyfantasmic
07-18-2001, 03:23 PM
the trains go on a continuos refurbishment schedule in DLP since only on peak season all three trains are used..this means that probably if they wanted to change the signs they could have done it any time in the past 6 years....
I have also to say that this refurbishments happened on the basis of control form french CEOs such as Bourgingnoine and Pellison (the 2 CEOs after Bob Fitzpatrick left in 1993) whilst now we have a true Disney CEO such as Jay Rassulo..maybe he will change this!

French_Mouse
07-19-2001, 02:18 AM
Hi,
As a matter of fact, in the park mythology the trains are operated by this company "EuroDisneyland railroad". So it doesn't need to change the name.

On the other hand, it's great to see some pieces of the history of DLP. Just like the "D" of Discovery Mountain on the Space Mountain cars. It doe not spoil the show & it gave a hint of DLP history... The expense to change the name seems to be useless, the money should be use for rehab.

As a matter of fact, rehab & refurbishment are numerous for a long time now in the park. Every month I goes there I found something that is redone. We wil have a really neat & shiny park on April 12th :D

PS: Please do not forget to repair the water system and all the Tree house.

zapppop
07-21-2001, 04:16 PM
Speaking of the park's history, did you notice that all of the posters in Ian's photo essay had the Euro Disneyland Logo on them ? Not just the train poster, ALL the posters. Oops !