PDA

View Full Version : Best parade location?

swcrazy
09-30-2002, 02:08 PM
This coming saturday I am gonna make my friends be in the Parade of Stars and I was wondering where I should be to get a good spot to film them. I don't want to have to wait for hours and hours to claim a spot but I also want to be able to get full coverage of them dancing. Any suggestions?

tod
09-30-2002, 02:19 PM
When my wife and kids and I were in the parade, we carried the rope at the end. Michael the CM pulled us out of the rope line two at a time and had us dance with the penguins, which I did in front of the Emporium and Crystal Arcade, and again at Alice and the Mad Tea Party. I didn't know when or where it would happen.

I would suggest a place at the end of the parade -- Town Square for the early parade, small world mall for the late one -- for maximum maneuverability with your camera. A good watching -- or taping -- spot may be less so if your friends are just waving as they march by where you are.

Good luck.

-T

zedizdead
09-30-2002, 02:23 PM
I am gonna make my friends be in the Parade of Stars

I was wondering how you go about arranging that? Is there a cost?

Ghoulish Delight
09-30-2002, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by zedizdead
I was wondering how you go about arranging that? Is there a cost? No cost. Just keep your eye out for a double decker bus staffed by people in sky blue pants with clouds. For the late show, at least (and maybe for both?), the bus starts by coming "onstage" from the entrance by Small World and makes its way to Main Street picking people up.

swcrazy
09-30-2002, 03:39 PM
they usually send out the omnibus about an hour beore each parade. it gives them enough time to recruit people, get them costumed, and teach them the dances.

At the end you get free water and a special "not available anywhere else" pin.

I highly recommend doing it. You are so focused on getting the dancing right, you don't care how foolish you look.

bandboy1985
09-30-2002, 08:40 PM
just make sure you wear good, closed-toe footwear; those trolley tracks can be serious toe-stumpers coming out of the kick line or those "high-intensity" chaines...;)