PDA

View Full Version : CHOC Walk Info

justagrrl
09-30-2002, 10:59 AM
I received a postcard in the mail with info about the CHOC Walk through the DLR on Oct. 20th, 2002.

To sign up you call (714)781-1576.

If you raise at least $50, you'll get an exclustive CHOC/Disneyland Resort Community Walk pin (while supplies last.)

hgf1ower
09-30-2002, 11:09 AM
anyone else doing this? if not, wanna sponser me?? :D

ice_queen
09-30-2002, 12:44 PM
hey - I had already posted the same info on September 17th....

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=144514#post144514

I wondered what kind of impact this would have on the crowds at DL for MA... :confused:

adriennek
09-30-2002, 01:17 PM
Re: crowds at DL for MA

Reading the CHOC info, I see two interesting observations:

1- The walk does NOT include admission to the park for the day just for the walk.

2- Registration for the walk *does* include a special offer: A discount ticket, I believe it's $30, for DCA not DL.

So I wonder if it will make much of a difference at all?

Adrienne K

ice_queen
09-30-2002, 01:40 PM
Well the CHOC site says:

Disneyland® Resort has opened its doors to Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) and CHOC at Mission for the 12th Annual CHOC/Disneyland Resort Community Walk! You will be treated to an exclusive opportunity as you enjoy a memorable route through the early-morning magic of Downtown Disney®, Disneyland® Park, and Disney’s California Adventure™—all before the Parks officially open for the day. Join us for this wonderful event in support of the children of CHOC!

TIME:
Walk begins at 7:30 a.m. (rain or shine)
Limited registration begins at 6:00 a.m.

FREE PARKING:
At Mickey & Friends parking structure

Walkers will be surprised to see which special Disney friends got out of bed early to cheer them on through the Parks. After the Walk, enjoy Downtown Disney, where shops, restaurants, festive booths, and special prize drawings will offer more fun for everyone! In addition, Disneyland Resort will offer a specially priced $30 passport to return to Disney’s California Adventure after the Walk is finished (good only on October 20, 2002) to walkers with wristbands.*

So, that means they will occupy part of the parking structure, as well as a memorable route through the early-morning magic of Downtown Disney®, Disneyland® Park, and Disney’s California Adventure , even though the walk begins BEFORE opening, it is scheduled to last a couple of hours.

I *think* it will make a diff.