PDA

View Full Version : Fantasmic question...

tHeDiSnEyKiD
05-18-2008, 10:45 PM
I live about a mile from the park and I can actually hear the 9pm fantasmic pretty clearly. I was surprised to hear the music and speech from the show. It's pretty nice to be outside my house and hear this. So, I decided for the 10:30pm show that I'd light me up a cuban and chill outside because it was so hot inside my house. But as I sat outside enjoying the love of my life, I noticed, I couldn't hear anything. Does Dland lower the volume for the 2nd show? Is there like some sort of city noise law past 10pm?

stan4d_steph
05-19-2008, 12:20 AM
Have you noticed this on more than one night, or was it just the one time? It could be that the conditions had changed between 9 and the 10:30 show that affected how the sound was being transmitted.

You might have something about the noise ordinance though. Examining the Anaheim Municipal Code, there are restrictions on amplified sound after 9 PM for "commercial purposes" and after 10 PM for "noncommercial purposes." I don't know that I've noticed any differences in the park, but I don't think I've attended both shows back to back.

tHeDiSnEyKiD
05-19-2008, 02:42 AM
Well, this was the first time I really sat quietly to hear everything from the 9pm show, but there was a definite difference for 10:30. I mean, I saw the beginning skylight that goes straight up into the sky, then after that, barely anything could be heard. I had no clue if it ended or not. Turned out, I was sitting outside like a dumbass till 11:15, waiting to hear the ending, ha, never heard it.

But man, for the 9pm, it's so loud and amazing to hear considering you're outside the park, away from disneyland, living in "normal" life. Hearing it, just sucks you back in, and it made me think how badly I want my pass. Everything has been so tight economic-wise, or else I woulda had my premium months ago.

dznyphreak
05-21-2008, 08:13 PM
Perhaps the wind changed direction? I live relatively close to LAX and can hear planes landing/taking off if (and only if) the wind is blowing in the right direction. Just a guess.

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-22-2008, 10:42 AM
I live about a mile from the park

Can I park in your driveway for free???:)

The Evil Queen
05-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Can I park in your driveway for free???:)

GOOD ONE! :p

tHeDiSnEyKiD
05-28-2008, 02:35 PM
well, i tried it again... and nothing! Not barely a sound or anything. Maybe it was the wind, but then again, if the wind is that strong, there woulda been no fireworks. So now, I wanna find out why I heard both fantasmic and the firework show so loud and clear 2 fridays ago

petesimac
05-28-2008, 03:31 PM
1) Do those Cubans you mentioned have their green cards?
2) You really shouldn't light them on fire; they're people like you and me.

On a serious note, what is the area around Disneyland like? You obviously live close by, do you enjoy where you live? Just really curious.

ChurroGirl
05-28-2008, 08:04 PM
1) Do those Cubans you mentioned have their green cards?
2) You really shouldn't light them on fire; they're people like you and me.

On a serious note, what is the area around Disneyland like? You obviously live close by, do you enjoy where you live? Just really curious.

Completely off subject, but you havent been in 5 years!! I feel so sad! and Kinda guilty!! I just went in March and cant wait for our October trip!! Enjoy yourselves and eat some minimickey waffles for the rest of us!!!:D:p

petesimac
05-29-2008, 05:45 AM
Completely off subject, but you havent been in 5 years!! I feel so sad! and Kinda guilty!! I just went in March and cant wait for our October trip!! Enjoy yourselves and eat some minimickey waffles for the rest of us!!!:D:p

Well, don't be too sad, we go to WDW a lot; we went last year for 10 days and will be going again next summer for 10 days. I had never been to DL until 2003 and loved it! This was supposed to be an off year for Disney, but since we are headed out west to see the Redwood Forest anyway, I decided to tie-in a trip to DL. Can't wait!

(PS, still waiting to hear about the plight of those poor Cubans!)

ralfrick
05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Sometimes atmospheric conditions that are (I Think) related to warm and cool layers of air can cause sound to bounce back down far from it's source. When Shoreline Amphitheater opened in the Bay area, they had to spend a lot of time on this issue because people several miles away were hearing concerts.

Cheers.