PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report 9/25 - 9/28

Alpha1mom
09-30-2002, 05:09 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to briefly report on our trip to DL for 9/25 - 9/28.
We arrived Wed around noon (we flew from San Francisco)
The park was empty! I've never seen it like this. (although we usually go in Apr)
We walked on every ride, including all the mountains (except for Matterhorn)
Thursday was just as great!! Friday starting getting a little busy but we we're able to still do most of the rides 2-3 times.
We had a SAP pass for my daughter who was recently diagnosed with diabetes but we never needed it! lol!
We ate at the Blue Bayou, always good! We ate dinners at the Rainforest Cafe, we love this place!
We only spent 1/2 a day (maybe 4 hours) at DCA. We went on Soarin over Ca about 4 times, walked right on. We did some of the other rides but we didn't do the coaster, Mailboomer or the swingy rides. Flik's Fun Fair is cute.... We had to laugh when they checked to see if we were wearing our seat belts on the Heimlich train! We're 62, 44, 14 & 10. You'll see........ We did find the
4-leaf clover.
We did watch the Electric Parade and this is always incredible!!
Cinderella's step-sisters were teasing the kids and they got a big thrill out of it!:p
My only disapointment was Friday, my daughter's 14th BD, we went to have our photo with Mickey. This was important to my daughter but on the way out that night we stopped to pick up the photo and the girl said that the photographer messed up and cut one of us out of the photo! We didn't have time to get another. Oh, well.
We stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Inn & Suites. This was fine, no thrills but totally within walking distance and it has a really big pool! We swam the 3 nights when we got back from the park and the pool was empty!

I think we'll change from Aprll to Sept for our yearly trips.
Is Sept always empty???

My only suggestion is that DCA should have the same hous as DL. DCA is so beautiful at night that it's a shame it closes at 6:00pm!

Well, that's it!
Ciao.....

:cool:

opus
09-30-2002, 05:22 AM
Wow, we're going to be in DLR starting this Saturday. We went for the first time ever the same time last year, but it wasn't that empty for us. We always seem to end up with our first day being Gay Day. hehe. Maybe that bumps up the numbers a lot. Dunno.

When we were there last year the longest wait we had was for Indy, which was about 45 minutes. Peter Pan was about 40 minutes, and Soarin' about 35. It would be nice if those were all walk-ons. :D

Glad you had fun!

MouseWife
09-30-2002, 05:24 AM
Thanks for your report!

Sounds like you had a blast!! I understand about the picture, though, being a picture person myself. ;)

Those Step Sisters!! So funny!!

I think I stayed at that hotel, too. I am not sure. :o
They all become one after a while. If it is the one I am thinking, did you have a patio?

Anywho, I don't know about September. I used to go in April every year, too. I thought it was great {I made sure and not go when the kids were on break...} but I'll remember it.

Yes, DCA is beautiful at night. When it was being built we were staying at the Paradise Pier and had a room overlooking it. For some reason they kept the lights on all the time and it was quite a sight.

Glad you had a wonderful family trip!!

kranders
09-30-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by opus
When we were there last year the longest wait we had was for Indy, which was about 45 minutes. Peter Pan was about 40 minutes, and Soarin' about 35. It would be nice if those were all walk-ons. :D
Opus, last week Indy was a walk on as was Soarin', the longest you would have to wait was for the previous movie to get done! Peter Pan was still 20 to 30 minutes unless you are there first thing in the morning.