PDA

View Full Version : Official DLR Rose

nmjohnston874
05-17-2008, 04:17 PM
My wife got this for MD. The tag that came with it says it the official rose of the DLR. I have never noticed it before.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14051973@N03/2500762864/

Glass Slipper
05-17-2008, 04:29 PM
We just bought the Disneyland rose a couple months ago! The tag says that it is supposed to have "vivid, multi-toned flowers" and also that the colors should be "copper, apricot, orange, and pink" with a "light and spicy" fragrance! Looking forward for the first bloom, hopefully next month!

foolishmortal
05-17-2008, 05:46 PM
what store was selling them??? They look really pretty.

Dlasater1@earthlink.
05-17-2008, 08:20 PM
what store was selling them??? They look really pretty.

In So. Cal. Armstrong nurseries used to carry them. Try there first.

foolishmortal
05-17-2008, 08:38 PM
Will have to see if they are online we are up by fresno! thank you for the info!

hlbtimes2
05-17-2008, 09:04 PM
For those that want to see it or order it online try http://www.jacksonandperkins.com/gifts/store/BECProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10053&catalogId=10005&categoryId=10001&category=JTC1&topCat=Garden+Roses&subcategory=JSC24608&subCat=Roses+by+Color&superItemId=29025

disneynut
05-18-2008, 06:31 PM
My mom has these blooming right now in her rose garden. They're pretty but what I like is that they smell really good.

Infinitely
05-19-2008, 08:36 AM
The blooms are very pretty, and you can get them (at least last year) as tree roses from Jackson and Perkins.

lisap
05-19-2008, 01:09 PM
I can't resist posting my favorite Disneyland Rose (http://picasaweb.google.com/thelisap/Roses2007/photo#5061632941568248434) pic. :) That was last year. They look just as good this year. The first bloom is the best, though. By the end of the season they look pretty straggly and get black spot. I'm trying a new type of rose food/disease control so hopefully that will help. Btw, I ordered them bare-root direct from J&P and they were easy to plant.

stan4d_steph
05-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Those look great Lisa! Have you ever asked the DL gardeners about your black spot problem? They might have some ideas. At DL they probably just cut them back earlier if they get too straggly. They've got extras in the back, right?

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-19-2008, 01:53 PM
Where can you view these roses at DLR?

Wrldtrvlr
05-19-2008, 02:55 PM
I believe that the roses between POC and the HM in the area in front of The French Market are the Official Roses. There may be other locations, but this is the biggest official Rose Bush area I am aware of in the resort.

lisap
05-20-2008, 07:44 AM
Those look great Lisa! Have you ever asked the DL gardeners about your black spot problem? They might have some ideas. At DL they probably just cut them back earlier if they get too straggly. They've got extras in the back, right?

No, I really should ask them--I'm sure they would know. I *never* see black spot on their roses.:crying:;) But, to be fair, they do move their rose bushes around a lot so they can cheat a bit if they need to.

Yes, just outside the tram station on the Harbor side of the resort there are masses of DL roses waiting to be switched out.

They usually have a bed of the DL roses at the flagpole on Main Street in addition to the ones in front of POTC. For years and years they had some very beautiful old fashioned apricot roses in that bed from J&P before they switched to the "official" roses. They would never switch them out--they were there, pruned back in the winter months as well. I always wondered what happened to those bushes. Anyone know?

dawnid
05-20-2008, 10:24 AM
There is also the Rose Garden on the Disneyland Hotel property.

MrsPooh
05-20-2008, 10:47 AM
Okay, now I need to get me some of those roses for our yard! :D

TTFN92
05-20-2008, 07:27 PM
I saw those a few weeks ago in NOS and thought they were beautiful! I took a pic w/ my camera phone because it is all I had. I may have to get one and I don't even like rose bushes ;).

Mermaid
05-20-2008, 08:18 PM
I saw them in Toontown a few weeks ago near the Jolly Trolly. I took a pic they were so pretty and I am not a flower picture taker person!

Crazy4DL
05-21-2008, 09:10 AM
I can't resist posting my favorite Disneyland Rose (http://picasaweb.google.com/thelisap/Roses2007/photo#5061632941568248434) pic. :) That was last year. They look just as good this year. The first bloom is the best, though. .

Beautiful photo, lisa.

We have the DL rose. I got it from some of my kids for Mother's Day last year. It just a few days ago burst (I am talking LOTS :D) of blooms right now.

I believe ours was bought at a local nursery here in Eastern WA state.

TTFN92
05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
I can't resist posting my favorite Disneyland Rose (http://picasaweb.google.com/thelisap/Roses2007/photo#5061632941568248434) pic. :) That was last year. They look just as good this year. The first bloom is the best, though. By the end of the season they look pretty straggly and get black spot. I'm trying a new type of rose food/disease control so hopefully that will help. Btw, I ordered them bare-root direct from J&P and they were easy to plant.

May I ask where you live? One reason is that I was looking through the rest of your album at the other pictures and saw that you have what we call a "pineapple". It is the big palm tree type tree that kind of looks like a pineapple. We used to have one in our front yard growing up in Norco. I'm assuming you are in SoCal. The other reason is that I was wondering if you are in the same area as DL. Just wonding if that would make a difference in growing the rose bush. If it grows like any other rose bush it wouldn't, but you never know.

MKY4ME
05-21-2008, 02:20 PM
they have been blooming like crazy, very hardy and very beautiful!

disneyshoes
05-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Do you think that these would grow in a large pot? I love them but have already planted and used up any extra space!

lisap
05-22-2008, 06:13 AM
I'm assuming you are in SoCal. The other reason is that I was wondering if you are in the same area as DL. Just wonding if that would make a difference in growing the rose bush. If it grows like any other rose bush it wouldn't, but you never know.

Yes, I live around an hour from the park, but this is a Jackson and Perkins brand rose and is designed for the mass market as well as for Disneyland. Aside from it getting straggly at the end of the blooming season, I'm sure it would behave the same as any good quality rose you would plant. Lots of sun, lots of water, good draining soil, and judicious pruning and you're good to go.

Do you think that these would grow in a large pot? I love them but have already planted and used up any extra space!

I have tree roses in the large, halved oak wine barrels and they are very happy (I think there are pics of them in the album I posted above). Just make sure you drill drainage holes in the bottom of the barrel and elevate them a tiny bit to make sure the soil can drain.

disneyshoes
05-22-2008, 07:39 AM
Yes, I live around an hour from the park, but this is a Jackson and Perkins brand rose and is designed for the mass market as well as for Disneyland. Aside from it getting straggly at the end of the blooming season, I'm sure it would behave the same as any good quality rose you would plant. Lots of sun, lots of water, good draining soil, and judicious pruning and you're good to go.

I have tree roses in the large, halved oak wine barrels and they are very happy (I think there are pics of them in the album I posted above). Just make sure you drill drainage holes in the bottom of the barrel and elevate them a tiny bit to make sure the soil can drain.

They look great in the barrels! I can't wait to plant one!