PDA

View Full Version : MICKEY'S Trick-or-Treat

Pages : [1] 2

Boo's Mommy
05-16-2008, 09:44 AM
Here it is!!! It finally posted today on the AP website!

Purchase Advance Tickets for Mickey's Trick-or-Treat PartyThe Disneyland® Resort's popular Halloween party is coming back for 2008 with a new name — Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party — and Annual Passholders can take advantage of a special opportunity to purchase advance tickets. Plus, save with discounted prices on select dates!

This "spirited" event at Disney's California Adventure® Park includes:

Amazing attractions to get you spinning, looping and free-falling.
Lively music to boogie your bones.
Trick-or-Treat for candy at treat stations.
Fun crafts and activities for some family fun.
A nightly Character cavalcade.
Enjoy an unforgettable evening of Disney Halloween fun for everyone!
Complimentary parking for one vehicle at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure — larger vehicles may require an additional fee.

Passholder Discount Available for Event Dates
October 3, 16, 22, 23, 28, 29

Passholder Discount Not Available for Event Dates
October 10, 17, 24, 30

Only Day of Event Tickets Available on Event Date
October 31

Event Times
Monday to Thursday — 6:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m.
Friday to Sunday — 7:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.

Ticket Prices
Passholder Advance Ticket: $25 — Only Available on Select Dates
General Advance Ticket: $29
Day Of Event Ticket: $37
Ages Two and Under: No Charge

Buy your tickets now and print at home — or call (714) 781-4400†.

shna
05-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Thank you so much! I was actually on the website yesterday looking for it, but it (obviously) wasn't posted yet. The "heads-up" is much appreciated!

Mark Mywords
05-16-2008, 09:58 AM
Cool! It's about time!

Thanks for the heads up!

tinker3
05-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks a lot for posting the info.

I was really hoping they would add the last week of September...bummer :(.

Halloween day should be interesting.

olegc
05-16-2008, 11:18 AM
While I applaud DLR for taking time to think about the best way to handle AP and Non-AP holders to make things fair - I am torn about how they laid this out. Essentially AP holders are being relegated to the least popular nights if they want a discount of 4 dollars a ticket (that's $40 extra for me). yes, we get one Friday night but that's Oct 3rd and it's still Summer weather.

I don't need access for Halloween night (too hectic for us) but at least one Saturday and/or a later Friday would have been nice.

I really appreciate the fact that the price did not go up at ALL this year (but then again neither did the events or parades, etc.) my guess is with the DCA budgets in high flux due to the changes coming in the next few years - they decided not to add..

come to think of it - I wonder with all of the construction of the Pier area, and the Mermaid area - will they have to move the event to DLR as rumored next year (unless the find a way to incorporate a lot of construction walls into a halloween theme :p ).

yohomama212
05-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Did I miss it somewhere or has the "on sale" date not been released yet?

Elizabeth

disneyperson
05-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Dangit! I was hoping for Sunday the 5th but there's only that one Friday the first weekend in October. I don't think we'll be able to go. Shoot.
I love this event.

olegc
05-16-2008, 01:14 PM

Elizabeth

on sale now - but on the AP website only...

Oleg

kennythepirate
05-16-2008, 01:46 PM
We really enjoyed the event last year. Kids met some villians and characters, rode with no wait times, and collected a ton of candy.
It would be nice to see more added to the parade though!

DLR Junkie
05-16-2008, 07:42 PM
We really enjoyed the event last year. Kids met some villians and characters, rode with no wait times, and collected a ton of candy.
It would be nice to see more added to the parade though!
During the party, is DCA open only to the ticket holders? Are the rides open during the event?

Malcon10t
05-16-2008, 08:16 PM
During the party, is DCA open only to the ticket holders? Are the rides open during the event?Yes, and yes. We had a blast last year, can't wait to figure out when we will go this year.

Malcon10t
05-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Elizabeth
On sale, sign into the AP website.

olegc
05-16-2008, 08:25 PM
During the party, is DCA open only to the ticket holders? Are the rides open during the event?

well, not all rides. Muppets was not open last year. I think the ANimation pavillion was also shuttered. and no Grizzly River Run. On one of the nights Maliboomer was shut down. And, the night we went, it said Orange Stinger was closed when in fact it was open.

Also not all food places are open either. It usually says on the maps at the front was is open during the event.

CindyR
05-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Just wondering, do adults ever collect candy? I sort of want to go, and I was trying to talk a friend into it last year, but I want to make sure to get $25 out of it. Is there enough to do for adults there with no kids, to make it worth paying $25?

Malcon10t
05-17-2008, 06:26 AM
Just wondering, do adults ever collect candy? I sort of want to go, and I was trying to talk a friend into it last year, but I want to make sure to get $25 out of it. Is there enough to do for adults there with no kids, to make it worth paying $25?Definitely. Last year, there were 5 adults, 4 kids, and 2 dogs, and ALL collected candy. We also rode Soarin, all the rides in Bugsland, Screamin, TOT, and many others. Kids loved the apple slices, adults loved the candy ;) and the dogs liked the carrots.

disneyperson
05-17-2008, 10:13 AM
Just wondering, do adults ever collect candy? I sort of want to go, and I was trying to talk a friend into it last year, but I want to make sure to get $25 out of it. Is there enough to do for adults there with no kids, to make it worth paying $25?
Oh yeah. :D We got lots!! It's good candy too. I'm sorry we won't be going this year. It is a super fun event. We had lots of fun with our costumes and looking at eveyone else's. Some of them were fantastic.

Nikara
05-17-2008, 11:52 AM
I hadn't realized how inexpensive this is. I have an idea about it- but I would love all of your comments. I'm a resident advisor at USC, and students always want us to take them to Disneyland, but the tickets are just too expensive. This sounds like a fun alternative for a bunch of college freshman. Of course, we would have to warn them to wear appropriate costumes, but I work the honors kids, so they aren't quite as bad as others. They would get to experience one of the Disney parks, and do something fun for Halloween. Any advice?

SillyOldBear
05-18-2008, 02:24 PM
How can I find a list of all dates available for Mickey's Trick or Treat? I'm guessing the dates above are the dates available for AP holders to purchase tickets before the general public, but I am curious to know which Saturdays DCA will be offering this event. Thanks

Malcon10t
05-18-2008, 02:30 PM
How can I find a list of all dates available for Mickey's Trick or Treat? I'm guessing the dates above are the dates available for AP holders to purchase tickets before the general public, but I am curious to know which Saturdays DCA will be offering this event. ThanksThe dates above are the only dates. Last year they did add a Thursday due to demand. I wouldn't expect to add a Sat.

Boo's Mommy
05-18-2008, 02:31 PM
Hmmmm, to decide which day to go! The earlier dates are definitely more leisurely in my opinion, you really were able to enjoy the night and hit every single station and all the attractions.

Silly Old Bear, all the dates available are in the first post, I don't recall if they have added dates in the past (I thought I remembered one year that they did).

SillyOldBear
05-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Thank you! For some reason I thought we went on a Saturday last year. I guess not. Thanks for clarifying for me

frozenpond
05-28-2008, 06:06 PM
Anyone know when tickets will go on sale to the public. I am so excited to be at DL during this time and can't wait to attend this event.

AVP
05-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Would anyone be interested in a MousePlanet / MousePad night? We're looking at designating one of the first three Fridays as an official meet, with MousePlanet treats for those readers who want to join us.

AVP

Mark Mywords
05-28-2008, 10:13 PM
Would anyone be interested in a MousePlanet / MousePad night? We're looking at designating one of the first three Fridays as an official meet, with MousePlanet treats for those readers who want to join us.

AVP

Sounds like fun! (puts in vote for 10/17...)

BunnyCups
05-28-2008, 11:36 PM
I hadn't realized how inexpensive this is. I have an idea about it- but I would love all of your comments. I'm a resident advisor at USC, and students always want us to take them to Disneyland, but the tickets are just too expensive. This sounds like a fun alternative for a bunch of college freshman. Of course, we would have to warn them to wear appropriate costumes, but I work the honors kids, so they aren't quite as bad as others. They would get to experience one of the Disney parks, and do something fun for Halloween. Any advice?

The only issue that I find with this idea (it's a GREAT idea, but...), is that most college kids want to go to Disneyland, and are willing to sacrifice DCA when only getting to visit one park. Disneyland, (IMO), is a park filled with more magic and fun that they will want to experience (I'm a college student myself). I know if I personally had the choice of one park, it would be to visit Disneyland, not DCA. In fact when I had some friends visit from out of state, they only had enough money to visit one park, and they chose Disneyland over DCA.

Another thing is, the whole park won't be available. It's mostly just the big attractions, and restaurants. But who knows! Maybe that's all they want to see.

But it's tough! I've gone to the Halloween event two years now and it's SO much fun. Maybe it would be good to get a park hopper for one day + the halloween event? But that's also pricey. Maybe you could plan a trip down to just Disneyland in the future and that way that get to experience both parks.

Good idea, and goodluck!