PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Music

Boo's Mommy
05-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Does any one have the "A Musical History Of Disneyland
Box Set includes:6 CD Audio Library Over 7 hours of new and classic, restored and remastered recordings from DisneylandŽ park, including unreleased recordings, all stored in a deluxe hardcover case. "
If so, is it the sounds (not just the songs) from all the rides?

We bought a cd last time we were here, it was the "Official Disneyland Album", which had the songs from all (most) of the rides and lands. It is awesome, but I wanted to find a CD that had all the sounds of the rides as well and maybe the parades too.

Any suggestions as to which cd and where I can get them? I won't be in the parks again anytime soon, but wanted to get it for dh for father's day.

Mark Mywords
05-16-2008, 09:36 AM
The Musical History is a great set.

It contains a huge assortment of attraction audio as well as other park related audio. Some of the attraction audio contains narrative or other elements from the rides, some don't (example: Star Tours doesn't have Captain Rex's voice track).

Gone2Disneyland
05-16-2008, 10:40 AM
It's available on Amazon for $99.99. (http://www.amazon.com/Musical-History-Disneyland-Disney/dp/B000AA4MHM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1210962971&sr=1-1)

I have it, and as I recall, it's primarily a collection of the ride-thru music or songs from live shows past and present (up to 2005 when the set was released). Any sounds were edited into the appropriate track, such as sound effects heard in the Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean were edited into the 15-minute odd ride-thru tracks at the appropriate places. If you're looking for isolated sound effect tracks, they won't be here.

olegc
05-16-2008, 11:21 AM
if you go to VisionsFantastic and listen to their radio stream, or LaughingPlace radio, they tend to play some of the tracks from that CD set. They are intended to provide not only the ride audio (music and voice tracks) but also some of the sounds from the ride (waterfalls, splashes, etc.) that you may experience, so that you get the feeling you are truly on the ride while listening. There are also some tracks of the ambience theme music from the general lands.

Mousinfo.com had the best stream to listen to for this - but with their shutdown and restart it's not available for now.

ssturgeo
05-16-2008, 11:40 AM
It is a wonderful set...bought it for myself for Christmas!! It keeps me connected between visits..love it in the car on trips, when I am cleaning house, when I am missing DL. And, some of the old attraction tracks are great...American Sings, so much fun to hear again and visualize!! Also has both Haunted Mansion tracks...and I like to be able to hear Jack tell me Happy Holidays!!

The book it comes with is nice too!

I got mine on Amazon for a great price...right now it is back up to Premium price on their site..$99.50 I think...I got mine new for $69.00 early last December from them...maybe a holiday special?

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-16-2008, 11:49 AM
Half.com has one listed right now as "like new" for $69.99.

Here is the link:

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ54457676QQcpidZ1375791255

Hope this helps.

PanFan
05-16-2008, 09:45 PM
I love my Musical History of DL set. It does have a number of sound effects from the rides. For example, it has the yodeling song from the Matterhorn queue, but also "Remain seated please. Permanecer sentados por favor." as well as people laughing as they come down the last hill into the water. Like bigugly mentioned, it doesn't have everything (like most of Rex's dialogue in Star Tours or all of the voice tracks for the FL dark rides or Indy's dialogue throughout his attraction), but the entire tracks and all dialogue are there for many others, including POTC and HM, so you hear more on the CD than you do on any one ride through of the attraction. I very highly recommend it!

Boo's Mommy
05-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Cool! Thanks everyone, I'll have to check it out then. Hmmm, but if it goes on sale, i'll just have to shop around I guess!

KDCartoons
05-17-2008, 06:43 PM
I've been looking for a track of the 50th Anniversary Main Street Parade and Fantasmic music ( both music and song/voice tracks), but cannot seem to find either anywhere. My family and I were totally jazzed by both of these shows during our trip in '06 and having a copy of them music would be nice to rekindle those memories.
Anyone have any leads?

Disneymademoiselle
05-17-2008, 07:26 PM
First of all, The Musical History of Disneyland is worth every penny!!! I literally listen to "Remember...Dreams Come True" at least once a day, get all nostalgic and proclaim to no one in particular, "Oh my God, I love Disneyland!" :D

I've been looking for a track of the 50th Anniversary Main Street Parade and Fantasmic music ( both music and song/voice tracks), but cannot seem to find either anywhere. My family and I were totally jazzed by both of these shows during our trip in '06 and having a copy of them music would be nice to rekindle those memories.
Anyone have any leads?

If you're looking for the music from Fantasmic, the whole 22-minute show can be found on The Musical History of Disneyland. If you're referring to the Main Street Electrical Parade, that's also on the cd. If you mean the Parade of Dreams, it's not included on the set, and I have no idea if it's on any cd. I do know that the main song that's played during the Parade of Dreams is from Brother Bear, though.

stan4d_steph
05-18-2008, 05:30 AM
I reviewed the set for MousePlanet back when it was released. You can see my review here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=ht050517sw). :)

It's worth every penny.

SteveK
05-18-2008, 08:20 AM
Anyone have any leads?

The Parade of Dreams is not officially available anywhere and from what I've read there are no plans to release it at this time. Fantasmic can be found on the 50th set as well as a stand-alone Fantasmic! cd. Not sure if the latter is still commercially available but you can always check the resort or call delivears.

jazzysmom
05-19-2008, 11:01 AM
I have A LOT of Disney Music, and this is my favorite. I even love the box. I have it displayed in my VERY Disney office. It was worth every penny!!!

MrsPooh
05-20-2008, 11:00 AM
I got the set as a gift from a very dear relative, and I love every minute of it.

It's cool for all the reasons stated above, and it lets me get a little trip to DL when I can't be there. The "Remember" fireworks give me a 15 minute tour of the resort, so even when I don't have much time, I have that 15 minute vacation from reality.

Piglet and I have Disney Mix Sticks that we loaded our favorite songs onto. Then we can take DL everywhere we want to. We love it!

Well worth the price, and then some, if you're a Disney freak like the rest of us.

The cool thing is that it also includes obsolete rides too, like my America Sings. Now I can listen to it whenever I want to, even though the ride is long gone.

Boo's Mommy
05-20-2008, 11:37 AM
That's sooo cool! I was going to wait until the price drops again (if it does), but I don't know if I can wait that long....though this is SUPPOSED to be a present to dh.

ArnyVee
05-20-2008, 12:20 PM
I loved it so much that I bought two of them! :)

Both with the "gold" record and numbered. I sold off the 'extra' one when I got in a little pinch for some funds, but it is a FABULOUS set to purchase and keep forever! The book that comes with it is great too! Just a great boxed set.