PDA

View Full Version : DLR trip report, 9/22-28

kranders
09-29-2002, 02:50 PM
We finally got back from our long awaited 25th wedding anniversary trip down to DLR. A week at DLR in the off season :). We left at about 5:30am and drove into LA without any traffic problems. After breakfast at Mrs. Knotts and an early check in at the Disneyland Hotel we were ready to hit the park. We took the Monorail into DL and met up with the MousePadders at the hub around noon. It was HOT on Sunday so we decided to have lunch in the shade of the Hungry Bear patio. After that we got talked into doing something that neither me nor the wife, Carol, have done in all our years at DL, the Explorer Canoes(thanks to innerSpaceman!). We had a ball, much in part to our guide Justin and the MP gang (what a crackup, we put in a kudos for Justin at City Hall). On our way out from Critter Country innerSpaceman and zappop had their adventure at HM(I have photographic evidence available for blackmail!! :) ).

After a quick cruise on the Mark Twain, I went to get checked into the room at DLH while the MP gang went into their hot weather DLR mode(IASW followed by hanging out in the GCH lobby). After hanging around the lobby for a while some left while some of us headed to the Whitewater Cafe for some dinner. All-and-all a good start for our trip.

Monday we started out with a good breakfast at Goofy’s Kitchen. By-the-way, I had my brother-in-law(who works for Orange County Health Dept) check out Goofy’s health reports and he said that they have always had a clean record.

Monday and Tuesday were also extra HOT! We ended up doing some things that we haven’t done before. We saw both the Variety Show and Bill Hill and the Hillbillies at the Golden Horseshoe Theater(enjoyed them both) and went to the Millionaire show at DCA (daughter, Shannon, made it to the hotseat and lost at the $32,000 level.:)) We also made it back to the hotel every day for some swimming and relaxing in the middle of the day.

On Thursday we were surprised to find an unadvertised preview of FFF, so we took advantage of that to explore the area without any crowds. We met Adrienne who was nice enough to come up and introduce herself after she saw our “MP” buttons.

It was great being at DLR during the week and at off season. Monday through Thursday were walk on to every ride, Friday started to get a little more crowded. On Tuesday we were able to walk into the Blue Bayou without a reservation. This more than offset the closing of some rides for refurb. The ride I think we missed the most was the Railroad. We were unhurried and took every day as it came and had a great time.

We headed out on Saturday AM and had breakfast at DuPars in the Farmer’s Market. We took the scenic road home (hiway 1 thru Malibu) and except for some traffic in Oxnard and Santa Barbara made it home without incident. Had a great time!!!

Next trip will be for Mouse Adventures October 19-21.

Pixie Glitter
09-29-2002, 05:45 PM
Happy anniversary, Ken and Carol!! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip--thanks for posting the report.

MouseWife
09-29-2002, 07:50 PM
It sounds like you guys had a wonderful time with each other, almost sounds like a honeymoon. :)

To many more!!! Cheers!! :) {MouseWife lifts her glass in the air to make an e-toast..}

socabch
09-29-2002, 07:52 PM
Sounded like a wonderful way to spend an anniversary. Glad you had a great time.

MammaSilva
09-29-2002, 10:24 PM
what a terrific trip report :) Glad you had an excellent trip !

innerSpaceman
09-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Glad we could persuade you to do the canoes after all. A very fun adventure was had by all.

See ya at mouseadventure!