PDA

View Full Version : The Haunted Mansion Holiday is nearly upon us!

Pages : [1] 2

Cadaverous Pallor
09-29-2002, 10:44 AM
An aura of foreboding? No way! An aura of anticipation, heck yeah! :D

I thought you might like to see this:
Disneyland's official HMH page (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneylandresort/Disneyland/Lands/Attractions/index?id=DLPNEWHauntedMansionHoliday)

Check out the Scarols - I think I'll sing "Scary Bells" every December! :D

mousey_girl
09-29-2002, 10:50 AM
That looks like it is going to be sooo much fun!! I wish I was in a positiion where I could for each week for the 13 weeks of Christmas.

BB Wolf
09-29-2002, 12:44 PM
WooHoo! These are great.
Got to start learning these for this week.

Gandalf
09-29-2002, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the link. Were you able to get the *We Wish You a Scary Christmas or *Old Mansion Tree songs to work? The scrolls are great too.

Laffite
09-29-2002, 08:25 PM
*sigh* midterm next week. Must decide between memorizing scrolls or studying :(

socabch
09-29-2002, 08:58 PM
Should we all go scarolling after the potluck?:D There will plenty of us to cause a stare or two.

Laffite
09-29-2002, 09:15 PM
potluck?

socabch
09-29-2002, 09:25 PM
potluck?

The day before MP Adventure. Sorry, should posted that info in my original post. I won't be able to go to DL until the 19th. There's going to be about 50 or so people.

Morrigoon
09-29-2002, 09:33 PM
Yes Lafitte, potluck (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9314&perpage=25&pagenumber=1) :D

(I won't be there myself, USC game that day, but have a good time!)

cstephens
09-29-2002, 09:52 PM
Yep, very much looking forward to Haunted Mansion Holiday again. Only four more days!

innerSpaceman
09-30-2002, 06:50 AM
Got a sneak peak* yesterday at the 13 Weeks of Treats in the Doombuggy loading zone. Looks pretty cool.

* Zapp made me do it

zapppop
09-30-2002, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
* Zapp made me do it
Is that your new signature ? ;)

I seem to recall I was the one trying to warn you that I saw a CM in the loading area yet you almost waltzed right up to her and said hello. What I remember of the new 13 gift surprise is that it's electric blue and wrapped with yellow string.

Anyway, it was a team effort. :D

no1here
09-30-2002, 07:25 AM
"13 Weeks of Treats" to celebrate the Haunted Mansion Holiday return. Just before you enter your Doombuggy, you'll see a giant array of gift boxes. Each week, Jack will open one box to reveal a secret surprise inside. And each week, collectible pins of that surprise will be available for purchase, so you can come back every week to collect all 13!

More cross promotion. I am sure the pin collectors are salivating...

Felip
09-30-2002, 08:58 AM
I am going to be in Anaheim for two days in October, the 13th and 14th.

That Sunday I am going to Knott's Halloween Haunt and I am debating on what to do on Monday.

I have been to Disneyland many times and am curious if the HMH is worth checking out (I have not seen it yet). Also, are any major attractions set for rehab on October 14th?

Thanks

cstephens
09-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by no1here
"13 Weeks of Treats" to celebrate the Haunted Mansion Holiday return. Just before you enter your Doombuggy, you'll see a giant array of gift boxes. Each week, Jack will open one box to reveal a secret surprise inside. And each week, collectible pins of that surprise will be available for purchase, so you can come back every week to collect all 13!

More cross promotion. I am sure the pin collectors are salivating...

I'm a collector in the sense that I buy the pins I think are cute, but I'm actually dreading this pin promotion. Given the madness that surrounded last year's HMH pins, I'm figuring that if I'm there on a given day and something's available that I like and I don't have to jump through too many hoops to get it, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'm out.

Originally posted by Felip
I have been to Disneyland many times and am curious if the HMH is worth checking out (I have not seen it yet).

I think the HMH is almost worth the price of admission alone. That's an exaggeration, but the makeover is absolutely spectacular. A friend of mine has an AP but her husband does not, and last year, after she and her sister went on HMH, she actually persuaded her husband to get a day pass the next day just so he could experience it as well.

If you don't know Nightmare Before Christmas, I think you'll still enjoy it. If you do know it, I think you'll love it.

And you'll have the benefit of being able to visit the rest of DL as well!

no1here
09-30-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by cstephens
... I'm actually dreading this pin promotion. Given the madness that surrounded last year's HMH pins, I'm figuring that if I'm there on a given day and something's available that I like and I don't have to jump through too many hoops to get it, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'm out.

It truly does sound like a "Nightmare" waiting to happen...

Laffite
09-30-2002, 09:55 PM
I just saw HMH commercial on ABC (of course abc), and I think the music they used is Elfman's HMH, and it sounds AWESOME^nth !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Elfman is a god! And that's from the music on a commercial.

I CAN'T believe there's not going to be a cd for it :( :( :( :crying:

cstephens
10-01-2002, 06:50 AM
I just heard a radio ad on KLOS in Los Angeles for HMH. Guess we'll all be needing those FastPasses.

Two more days...

refurbmike
10-01-2002, 09:17 AM
I've been listening to the "scarols" and have to say I am rather disappointed. They were kind of funny when I was reading them, but they just sound to ghoulish and scary when listening to them. I like last year's stuff, it was more fun. The scarols just creep me out.

TerryTiger
10-01-2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Laffite
I just saw HMH commercial on ABC (of course abc), and I think the music they used is Elfman's HMH, and it sounds AWESOME^nth !!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Elfman is a god! And that's from the music on a commercial.

I CAN'T believe there's not going to be a cd for it :( :( :( :crying:

I saw the commercial last night during The Drew Carey Show and I'm pretty sure that the music used in it was from last years HMH.
I do agree that Danny Elfman is a god, but I don't think he had anything to do with that commercial...

Laffite
10-01-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by TerryTiger
I saw the commercial last night during The Drew Carey Show and I'm pretty sure that the music used in it was from last years HMH.
I do agree that Danny Elfman is a god, but I don't think he had anything to do with that commercial...

Sure? Because I never heard that particular music last year.

Cadaverous Pallor
10-01-2002, 02:51 PM
Let me clear up your confusion, Laffite.

Last year, instead of adapting Elfman's NBC music for the ride, Disney made a whole new soundtrack for the ride. This year they are adapting Elfman's songs from the movie for the overlay. I haven't seen the commercial yet, but I'm assuming they are using Elfman's stuff there, too.

This does not mean he personally had anything to do with the commercial (or the overlay, for that matter). It just means they took the songs he wrote for the movie and wrapped them around the ride/commercial.

All this is fine by me - Elfman IS a god! :D

I've been listening to the "scarols" and have to say I am rather disappointed. They were kind of funny when I was reading them, but they just sound to ghoulish and scary when listening to them. I like last year's stuff, it was more fun. The scarols just creep me out.<best Mr. Burns voice> Excellent. :cool:

It's ALL about creeping people out! Woohoo! Ah, this'll be great!

BTW, I didn't notice the multimedia thing the first time! Thanks.

Laffite
10-01-2002, 03:27 PM
Let me clear up your confusion, Laffite.

I understand what's going on. I'm just saying that it sounded like they used Elfman's HMH music in the HMH commercials. Then somebody said that the music in the commercials are from last year's non-Elfman music, but I said "are you sure? because I've never heard that particular music in the commercials last year, so I assumed that the music I heard in the commercials are new and from this year's Elfman music".

And now I found out that there are 2 commercials for HMH. One is shorter than the other and has somebody that looks like Maynard in it. Maybe we saw different commericials.

mousey_girl
10-01-2002, 09:27 PM
The commercial that was just on here was using the song from the movie that Lock, Shock and Barrel sang as they kidnapped Santa. I didn't see it tho, just listening from across the room.

CaliforniaCrazy
10-02-2002, 12:49 AM
You are correct, mousey-girl. It's "Kidnap the Sandy Claws" from the movie. It took awhile for me to notice that it was too. :)