PDA

View Full Version : For those who like DCA, how many times have you gone?

mcampisi
06-27-2001, 08:47 AM
My total is only up to 5 times right now (3 of those being a vacation at the Grand Californian.

I wish Disney wasn't losing so much of it's former mystique, but I actually enjoy DCA. I guess I don't expect EVERYTHING to be along the same lines as DL, and I was disappointed to hear they were trying to be like Magic Mountain (I love coasters but I think MM is one of the crappy parks to walk around in).

cstephens
06-27-2001, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by mcampisi
My total is only up to 5 times right now (3 of those being a vacation at the Grand Californian.

Hmmm, does it count if you're an AP? I'm usually at the resort every other weekend, and it's a rare day when I'm at the resort and don't spend much of my time at DCA. I usually pop into DL for a bit, maybe ride a thing or two, but then the rest of the time is spent at DCA, sometimes with breaks for DTD.

mcampisi
06-27-2001, 09:53 AM
Good point. I make it a point to at least get a FastPass for Soarin' when I go to DL so I can go on it later.

Let's just say that spending more than 5 hours in a day at DCA will count as a "trip"

Ralph Wiggum
06-27-2001, 09:55 AM
I go once or twice a month with various people. Usually i will go to DCA because the crowds are not as bad as Dland. I always hit Screamin' and when i am at dland i always hit Space and/or Indy.

merlinjones
06-27-2001, 12:58 PM
One free trip during previews was more than enough for me.:eek:

splbound
06-27-2001, 02:11 PM
almost embarassed but maybe 60. The kids love it for the coaster, Soarin', swings, play area, and animation. Since our family has been AP's for 5+ years they find it fresh and new.

For me, I prefer DL, but it sure is nice to go over there and get away from the lines.

mcampisi
06-27-2001, 02:25 PM
Wow! How did you pull off 60 trips? I get in about 2-3 a month (5 if I'm lucky)

splbound
06-27-2001, 02:53 PM
I know that sounds crazy....but I'll explain...Our house is just a few blocks away. Starting with the preview days, comp days, and 2nd park addition to our ap's it's pretty easy. Add to that the fact that my kids go year round to school, and have been on vacation for about a month now, and there almost every day, and add weekends, or nights when I get home from work and we head over to catch a few rides.....

The sad part of this is that my children don't realize how lucky they are....they pretty much take for granted that they have had premium ap's for all of their childhoods, and free run of the place...I guess what I mean to say is they go so much, it's hard for them to realize or appreciate that there are many children who never will go...