PDA

View Full Version : DLR Food Price Increases

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-14-2008, 02:10 PM
I noticed that certain food prices have been creeping up over the last few weeks. A Dole Whip was $2.75 when I got it on April 20th, and it was $3.00 on May 11th. I also noticed an increase in soft drink prices at various carts (saw $2.75 at some, $2.95 at others).

What else has anyone noticed?

Gone2Disneyland
05-14-2008, 03:01 PM
I hadn't noticed, but considering the current economic climate, I'm not surprised to hear prices are creeping up in some fashion even in our Happiest Place on Earth, starting with the parking rates, and now this. Not surprised at all.

cfitz/pirates
05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
It's because of the price of gas, they have to pay more for transport so we end up paying more for the merch.

adriennek
05-15-2008, 09:57 PM
I can't speak for DLR but I noticed today that a bunch of things at my local grocery store have crept up by 50 cents. The line to check out was unusually long and there was only one lane open. The guy kept calling for back-up but it wasn't coming. He mentioned to me that they're understaffed and I told him that it did seem to me that the store had fewer employees around than normal and I asked if people had called in sick. He said they've had some "temporary lay-offs" :( :(

Adrienne

Jon
05-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Repeat after me: We are not in a recession.

:rolleyes:

SoCalDisneyLover
05-16-2008, 12:07 PM
Repeat after me: We are not in a recession.

:rolleyes:

By the time they admit to that, it will really be a depression.

Oh, and judging by their attempts to "run out the clock," the worst won't happen until 2009. When it will clearly be the fault of that "other party." :rolleyes:

newhdplayer
05-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Hey, only five posts until the Republican bashing began:)

Why the long delay?

Malcon10t
05-16-2008, 04:45 PM
As someone who is shipping food, prices on transport is definitely going up. This month, we are paying a 37% fuel surcharge on trucking. Only a year or so ago, it was 8%.

Heffalump
05-16-2008, 10:22 PM
I feel lucky to be able to go to Disneyland in the economy we are in right now. It is real scary. I will be glad to pay a little extra for food at Disneyland because I know that prices are going up every place.

newhdplayer
05-17-2008, 10:39 AM
As someone who is shipping food, prices on transport is definitely going up. This month, we are paying a 37% fuel surcharge on trucking. Only a year or so ago, it was 8%.

That's just a part of it. We sell a lot of stuff made out of steel, copper, and aluminium, and our manufacturers are innnundating us with price changes on a constant basis. Some of them, instead of issuing an annual price list, now are pricing everything in a 30 day window, no exceptions, no quoting...

hlbtimes2
05-17-2008, 09:08 PM
That's just a part of it. We sell a lot of stuff made out of steel, copper, and aluminium, and our manufacturers are innnundating us with price changes on a constant basis. Some of them, instead of issuing an annual price list, now are pricing everything in a 30 day window, no exceptions, no quoting...

I work for a metal supplier. We can't keep up with the price increases, and the lead time for stock are getting worse by the week. Its crazy! Sales are really down right now. Most companies are just buying what the have to have and are pushing orders out where they can. Its very scary. I've only been with the company about year, so I have very little seniority.

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-19-2008, 10:25 AM
I certainly understand the economic reasons why prices are going up, but I just want to turn this thread back to its original purpose which was to identify some of the prices which have recently gone up for food at DLR.

So if anyone is familiar with that, please post the items and their price increases.

Thanks!

mariezp
05-27-2008, 06:39 AM
I don't think DL has gone as crazy as Six Flags. They charged me over $7.00 for a funnel cake! :eek:

Winniethehulk
05-27-2008, 10:21 AM
Here in so cal (manhattan beach) its still an hour wait for a table on friday nights at Islands, CPK, PF Changs and numerous other eating establishments,
Prices have, are going up but it doesnt seem to be affecting places here all that much. i doubt it will at DLR either, as it has never been a bargain.

Winniethehulk
05-27-2008, 10:28 AM
My girlfriend and i had a discussion this weekend, I said that government wont really take action against the big oil companies until these outragous gas prices hit sporting events, Empty baseball/football stadiums might make them take notice, since such organizations are large tax payers.

She says it will take hundreds or even thousands of people not making it to work or protesting.

This discussion was in response to the answer given by Exxon when asked to explain the company's billion dollar profits last year, his answer was why lower prices, they are not in the business of giving away money(paraphrased).

After typing this i see its way off topic, maybe it could get moved? or deleted i guess.

EeyoreGirl
05-28-2008, 05:36 AM
To get back on topic ;) We noticed this past weekend that the price of sodas had gone up at the carts. Dh was pleasantly surprised to see that his beloved chimichangas hadn't gone up in price.

Matterhorn Yodeler
05-28-2008, 09:33 AM
To get back on topic ;) We noticed this past weekend that the price of sodas had gone up at the carts. Dh was pleasantly surprised to see that his beloved chimichangas hadn't gone up in price.

Thanks EG! I had noticed the soda price increases at the carts too. I think the frozen lemonade went up as well.

Anyone notice any price increases at the restaurants yet?

hefferdude
05-28-2008, 11:17 AM

Almost everything is transported by something using diesel. Truck, train, ship ( well, bunker fuel at least ) etc. Checked the price of diesel lately? Ouch!
Av gas at Santa Barbara airport is up to $7 a gallon.

I work for a metal supplier. We can't keep up with the price increases, and the lead time for stock are getting worse by the week. Its crazy!

I just purchased a new micro-trailer for my kayaks. The shop told me I had bought at just the right time as base trailer prices were going up as much as 30% in a week due to the price of the box tube steel used.

Hey, only five posts until the Republican bashing began
Why the long delay? LOL.:D

Both parties - all of them - are PAC junkies. The White House is one party but then Congress is the other so who's gonna do something?

PS - any churros sold before 11Am should be discounted as possible leftovers from the night before. :p

WITron
06-05-2008, 12:25 PM
I went to Six Flags Great America and thought the prices for their food was just outrageous, even worse than Disney. Most of their meals were around $9. We did find a decent chicken dinner and got 2 pieces of chicken, 2 sides, and a roll for about $9.

CindyR
06-06-2008, 01:13 PM
I went to Six Flags Great America and thought the prices for their food was just outrageous, even worse than Disney. Most of their meals were around $9. We did find a decent chicken dinner and got 2 pieces of chicken, 2 sides, and a roll for about $9.

Ugh, I absolutely hate buying food at Six Flags. It's really expensive and while the brand food such as Papa John's and Panda Express are good, a lot of the food that is just from the park, such as hamburgers, chicken, etc are pretty plain and sometimes just gross.

AVP
06-06-2008, 09:35 PM
Just a note - we're in the middle of updating menu prices on MousePlanet, and I'd be VERY happy to receive any updates or MENU PHOTOS you care to send my way....

AVP

HisKid
06-07-2008, 07:01 AM
Just a note - we're in the middle of updating menu prices on MousePlanet, and I'd be VERY happy to receive any updates or MENU PHOTOS you care to send my way....

AVP

Duly noted, if memory will cooperate ;) What, specifically, are you looking for? A close shot of a section of one menu board, showing the food choices and prices, right? You don't care about the broad shot.

AVP
06-07-2008, 07:38 AM
Duly noted, if memory will cooperate ;) What, specifically, are you looking for? A close shot of a section of one menu board, showing the food choices and prices, right? You don't care about the broad shot.Exactly. You can check the menu section on MousePlanet to see which menus have been updated recently - if the menu is more than about a month old it's worth double checking.

AVP

ScottC4746
09-05-2008, 06:34 AM
I don't think DL has gone as crazy as Six Flags. They charged me over $7.00 for a funnel cake! :eek:
Here is my take on food between the two companies.
Six Flags is basically overpriced McDonalds and other fast food chains
Disney (All American parks -- have not been to HK, T, or E) you pay a fortune for food, but the quality is there. I love the Plaza Inn and other formerly called "buffeterias" because the portions are also there. Any of the table service places the same ... quality and portions.