PDA

View Full Version : Before Indy

GeminiAngel
09-28-2002, 07:43 AM
Can anyone remember what was in the space that is now Indy? I just can't remember!!!!:rolleyes: :confused:

tod
09-28-2002, 07:55 AM
The Eeyore section of the parking lot.

The entrance queue was built onstage over a U-turn in the Jungle Cruise. The rest is all formerly-backstage.

--T

cstephens
09-28-2002, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by tod
The Eeyore section of the parking lot.

Thus the hidden Eeyore sign.

SzczerbiakManiac
09-28-2002, 11:59 AM
cstephens wrote:
Thus the hidden Eeyore sign.Where is that?

Uncle Dick
09-28-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by SzczerbiakManiac
Where is that?
It's allegedly above the queue in the film room, hidden somewhere in the rafters.

The monorail used to travel right over the area of the parking lot that currently houses Indy. The track had to be diverted when construction began.

tod
09-28-2002, 12:34 PM
It's allegedly above the queue in the film room, hidden somewhere in the rafters.

It's up there all right. Go to http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/OtherHiddenCharacters.html#S_Indy and there are a number of spottings reported. I've never seen it because I never remember to bring a flashlight.

--T

LIMANDL4EVA
09-28-2002, 04:34 PM
you do[nt need a flashlight to see it, it took me several years to find it believe it or not, but the small room the is after the film room, with Indy's office, turn around and look past the projector in the film room and you can see the eyeor, hes white and you can barely make him out

Cadaverous Pallor
09-28-2002, 06:51 PM
It's tough to see him without a flashlight, but we've done it. It's all about being light enough inside. I recommend going to look for Eeyore after it's fully dark outside - your eyes will think it's bright in there.

Go to the end of the film room. If there's no line through all the switchbacks, hop into the empty switchbacks and stand as far from the projector as you can. Then turn towards the projector. There's a whole platform up there. It's a ways behind the projector. Eeyore is white against a dark blue background. It's all about staring at it long enough until you recognize what you're seeing.

Of course, the best way is to carry a flashlight, but it CAN be done without one.

We were stuck in the queue on an especially busy day (I don't know why) and I stared up there for the longest time...when I realized that I saw him, I grabbed GD's shirt and said "Oh my God!" Scared the hell out of him. :D

Brad
09-28-2002, 07:05 PM
This is the part that ALWAYS gets me-why the bleep do they bother putting these easter eggs in when you have to stand on one leg, go upside down, squint your eyes, carry a telescope, blur your vision and can only see them on rainy Tuesdays in May that also happen to be in a leap year?!?

It's not like ANYBODY would EVER happen to just catch that unintenionally.

Make these bleepin things a LITTLE more pronounced for Peter Jackson's sake!!!!!!!!

GeminiAngel
09-28-2002, 07:52 PM
Thank you soooo much everyone!!! I will be looking for eeyore when I visit in march!!!!!

Cadaverous Pallor
09-29-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Brad
Make these bleepin things a LITTLE more pronounced for Peter Jackson's sake!!!!!!!!
Point one - you can't take a parking lot Eeyore sign and stick it in the middle of the Indy queue for all to see. It would not fit in with the decor. The same is true for hidden mickeys - if you were in the middle of a ride and there was a two foot square mickey head on the wall, wouldn't that strike you as out of place?

Point two - The entire point of these hidden things is that they are hard to find and only those in the know would care to look for them. The original hidden mickeys were like an inside joke within the company. Something only Walt's own would know and share with each other. Sometimes they are there as a tribute to people or things (hidden initials, dates, a parking lot sign from a parking lot now gone) or just a running gag, like the hidden mickeys.

Brad
09-29-2002, 09:08 PM
Yeah-I understand that.

My point was that this thing, from the sounds of it is damned near IMPOSSIBLE to see.

Morrigoon
09-29-2002, 09:30 PM
See, it really isn't FOR us, per se. Well, it is now, in a way, but it wasn't originally. Kinda like that one tree planted over by the castle that keeps dying and keeps getting replanted by the imagineers. It's for them. But we care too, so when we find out about these things, we want to be in on it.

Ghoulish Delight
09-30-2002, 07:46 AM
Originally posted by Brad
Yeah-I understand that.

My point was that this thing, from the sounds of it is damned near IMPOSSIBLE to see. It really isn't. Once you know it's there, and know where to look, it's pretty easy.