PDA

View Full Version : Millionaire and Tower of Terror

SimpTwister
06-26-2001, 09:51 PM
If ToT is indeed imminent, and with Millionaire under construction, and if they put a good show in the Hyperion and fix/tweak/change SuperStar Limo, the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area should seem pretty complete IMO (too bad amout Armageddon though).

Condor Flats is good, so is the Grizzly Peak area.

Pacific Wharf is a food court, and that's fine.

That leaves the Farm, Paradise Pier, and maybe the Bay Area.

If they then rework the Farm and the western half of PP, including a *family-friendly* E-ticket in PP, they might just have the beginnings of a real park...

JRob2k1
06-27-2001, 12:37 PM
Remember at first the DIG was reporting that the Millionaire show would have been constructed under some sort of tent?? Then I read that they upgraded the show to a "real" building because they know Millionaire cant last forever and maybe they will add Armageddon after that.

I love Tower of terror and it would be great to have one over here, but still a whole new attraction would be better in my opinion. People would have to come from all over to experience a ride that is only at DCA. That would make it a good park and help attendance.

-JRob

Ralph Wiggum
06-27-2001, 01:56 PM
TOT....ahhahhhaaahhhhhhahhaa(in the style of homer)

Napsto
06-28-2001, 07:05 PM
people come to theme parks for attractions???????? i thought it was expensive restraunts? isn't that the new millenium attitude????:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

SimpTwister
06-28-2001, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by JRob2k1
Remember at first the DIG was reporting that the Millionaire show would have been constructed under some sort of tent?? Then I read that they upgraded the show to a "real" building because they know Millionaire cant last forever and maybe they will add Armageddon after that.

Yeah, by 2004 (when Al sez ToT will open), "Is that your final answer?" will sound about as fresh as "Where's the beef?"

They will almost surely have to scrap Millionaire by then.

We haven't heard much about the Armageddon attraction, and I HATED the movie, but I think it sounds like it could be a cool attraction. Maybe we will see it one day.

Also, I agree about ToT- great that it's finally coming to CA, but something unique would be even better.

Napsto
07-08-2001, 03:04 PM
wasn't that were armageddon was gonna go? you guys are genius's!!!!!

SimpTwister
07-08-2001, 08:17 PM
You're right, Napsto. Since they put Millionaire in the location previously planned for Armageddon, there is no way they could ever possibly build Armageddon in a different location in the future.

By the way, it's 'geniuses', genius. ;)

Disney Fan Matt
07-08-2001, 09:17 PM
I would agree that with a Bugtown at the farm, Millionaire and TOT, DCA is well on its way to becoming a well built park. Not exactly Disneyland still, but then again what other park compares??
At that point, they might have a park worthwhile for the tourists to spend their time and money in. But remember, it will be a few years before all of these attractions open.
And lets just hope that in the meantime, Disneyland will not be forsaken at its expense!

Ralph Wiggum
07-08-2001, 09:31 PM
TOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!:D :D :D

JRob2k1
07-08-2001, 09:38 PM
I'm confused Ralph, do you like TOT or do you hate TOT! Or do you not think that it's not actually going to get built?

Just wonderin...

-JRob

Ralph Wiggum
07-08-2001, 11:29 PM
I like...I went to WDW about 5 years ago and totally loved everything about the ride. The theme of that ride is great...Very spooky!!

JRob2k1
07-09-2001, 09:22 AM
Good, because I love that ride too. Ive only been to WDW twice and the second time we went is purely based on the sole purpose to ride TOT. Of course we threw some other things in there. ;)

-JRob

Lacrosse Boy
07-10-2001, 01:24 PM
I LOVE THE TOWER OF TERROR!

SimpTwister
07-10-2001, 04:25 PM
So I guess TOT will be just south of Animation, and facing east, and the street between Animation and Hyperion will be extended south for access?

TheMur
07-10-2001, 04:48 PM
Well ToT would be a big addition to DCA.

I really loved ToT when we went to Disney World 2 years ago. I had hoped that they would do a similar ride in DL maybe themed as a haunted mine in Frontierland. Same ride system but entirely different story. Could have been real fun!

Mur