PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Interval International?

jacques5
05-11-2008, 12:07 PM
What sort of experience have you had with Interval International? Approximately two months ago I made a reservation request for the Harborside Resort at Atlantis. In order to maximize our chances of getting a week there, I even gave the Disney booking person three potential weeks in the month of February. We have not heard anything yet. Is this unusual? We are looking to travel in February, and so I always assumed I would “pull the plug” on our reservation, and book a suite/apartment through the Internet, if we did not have a confirmed reservation by the end of November. We promised to take friends with us and so I especially don't want this to turn out badly.

Is this unusual – not only for the Bahamas as a destination -- but for Interval International in general? As much as I love Disney, one of the draws for becoming a DVC member was the option to travel to other exotic locales. I will be disappointed if my options for exchange turn out to be limited.

stitch4336
05-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Hi - I've been a DVC member since 2006 - and this September is our first Interval experience. In Sep-08 we are gong to Maui (yeah!). I called in July-07 to start our search. Every where I read said call as early as possible - especially for Hawaii. I gave them only 1 week since we're going for our 15th Wedding Anniversary and want to be there for that day. I did give them 5 different resorts though - ranked in order that we preferred.

We got our match - for the week we want at our top pick resort (the Westin on Ka'anapoli) within about 2 months! Obviously we haven't gone yet, so I can't comment on anything else about the exchange yet, but I thought the match process was pretty fast - but we were over a year out....

richma
05-22-2008, 05:41 AM
Exchanges for Harborside are almost impossible to find.

Harborside owners very rarely deposit. A Harborside owner pays $2,300. in maintenance fees for a 2br villa- and the same units can rent for between $3500 to $6500.. If they don't use the week at Harborside, they normally rent the units out directly or convert to StarOptions to use for internal trades and nightly reservations at other Starwood properties.

Good luck on that one!

pixiedust
05-22-2008, 08:23 AM
We've used Interval for exchanges for years. I find them easier to work with than RCI.

It's all very dependent on owners depositing their weeks. Some properties only ask that owners notify them six months prior if they are not using their home resort, others get deposited very early.

Available inventory can change anytime, and some resorts rarely get deposited since most owners use them or rent directly.

AVP
05-26-2008, 10:46 PM
We learned something interesting about II at the DVC expo tonight - you don't have to stick with the hotels listed in the guide book, and you can actually book other II properties through DVC. We're looking into this for our Europe trip this fall. We had been balking at staying at DLRP because of the mandatory ticket purchase requirement, so were thrilled to find out that we can stay at another hotel in the Paris area.

AVP

Karen Hufman
07-04-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm very interested in knowing others experiences with II also! We want to buy into DVC also and would be heavily relying on going other places in the world since we live in the Orlando area. I can see why it would be very hard to go to Atlantis because it is one of the best resorts in the world, but am hoping that getting an exchange at the other hotels in the World Passport Collection aren't a problem. Do you have to be a DVC member to see the postings available in the World Passport Collection? This is really important criteria for us to join!!

Tony
07-05-2008, 11:43 AM
I'm very interested in knowing others experiences with II also! We want to buy into DVC also and would be heavily relying on going other places in the world since we live in the Orlando area. I can see why it would be very hard to go to Atlantis because it is one of the best resorts in the world, but am hoping that getting an exchange at the other hotels in the World Passport Collection aren't a problem. Do you have to be a DVC member to see the postings available in the World Passport Collection? This is really important criteria for us to join!!

You won't find the list of properties on the non-member DVC site. However, the actual II site with all the properties isn't secured - you just have know where to find it. So, here is the link: http://disney.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=5&expireSession=y

Karen Hufman
07-06-2008, 03:31 PM
Thank you soooooo much, Tony!:)