PDA

View Full Version : Can you please help my inexperienced friend out?

Brad
09-27-2002, 11:02 AM
He will be visiting the DLR soon and wants to know of any little secret things he can look out for at the parks.

I have already told him about Walt's light and he knows of the windows on Main Street and the bamboo pole in Indy.

In addition there is the brass apple at Snow White's and the pike in Fantasyland.

What else do you oh so knowledgeable people know of in DL/DCA?

Thnak you for your help.

Oh and he is Canadian so please, speak slowly and NO Terrence and Philip jokes, okay?

opus
09-27-2002, 11:04 AM
Yep.

Go here. (http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/)

Lots of good stuff. Good luck.

Oh yeah, and here. (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1136&highlight=disneyland+secret)

Brad
09-27-2002, 11:14 AM
That's great-thanks opus but are there any other touches that are not just hidden mickey's?

I always thought they were kinda dumb myself.......Until I spotted one in the queue in Indy in Tokyo(a front on face that look EXACTLY like the chubby cheeked face of Mickey that used to appear in the Mickey Mouse Club logo)and I FREAKED out!!!!!

;)

Brad
09-27-2002, 11:15 AM
Just saw your other link-thank you.

opus
09-27-2002, 11:19 AM
That site has a *lot* more than just hidden mickey's. Check out:

link (http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Secrets.html)

HUGE time waster... I know.

disguy
09-27-2002, 11:27 AM
Dont forget the first nail in the castle. Brass Nail right?? Right as you enter Fantasy Land.

big bad ad
09-27-2002, 11:31 AM
Hi everybody. I'm Brad's poor misguided, uninformed "friend"

just looking forward to reading lal the stuff you guys have in here.
i've only been to DL 6 times. Well, 6 trips, probablyactually been to the park 20 times or so.
Heading there in the spring, and stealing my brother's pass. plus taking my 2 year old for her first visit there.

Lani
09-27-2002, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by big bad ad
Heading there in the spring, and stealing my brother's pass. plus taking my 2 year old for her first visit there. Hi big bad ad. I'm not sure what you mean by "stealing my brother's pass" -- I hope you don't plan on using your brother's annual pass to get in. The APs are nontransferable, and the cast members at the admission gates do check your face against the photo on the AP. If for some reason the gate person suspects something, you may be asked to show a photo ID. I have seen the gate CMs forcibly prohibit people from entering the park for various forms of cheating, and believe me, you do NOT want to be on the receiving end. It may be "the happiest place on Earth" but those gate folks are worse than airport security screeners are to someone who uses the "B" word at the airport, if they think you are trying to cheat your way into the park.

Brad
09-27-2002, 12:07 PM
No Lani-He WAS NOT thinking of doing THAT.

*Takes Big Bad Ad by the ear and scolds him in the corner*

Lani
09-27-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Brad
No Lani-He WAS NOT thinking of doing THAT.Oh good. I didn't think he was. :D

zapppop
09-27-2002, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Lani
The APs are nontransferable, and the cast members at the admission gates do check your face against the photo on the AP.
There's one CM who really annoys me because everytime I give him my AP, he stares at it for a long time and thinks about it before letting me in, or he comments that I look different and then asks for my license. One time I gave him both and then he asked me to wait and asked another CM what they thought. No other CM gives me such grief trying to enter the park. I'm very tempted to file a complaint against him at City Hall.

innerSpaceman
09-27-2002, 04:49 PM
Sometimes, myself and other padders will temporarily switch APs upon entering the Park, with males using females' passes and vice-versa. This has not, to this date, caused any problem . . . even to the extent of the CMs greeting us by our obviously gender-crossed names.

Go figure!

Matterhorn Fan
09-27-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
There's one CM who really annoys me because everytime I give him my AP, he stares at it for a long time and thinks about it before letting me in, or he comments that I look different and then asks for my license.If you'd stop getting major reconstructive surgery every two weeks, you might not have this problem. :rolleyes:

3IAlienKid
09-27-2002, 11:43 PM
Look for the evil Queen opening the curtains above Snow White's Scary Adventures every other minute or so.

If the Railroad is reopen by then, the morse code message you hear at the New Orleans Square/ Frontierland station is supposed to be Walt Disney's opening day message.

I don't know which ones, but supposedly some of the stuff you see in the Star Tours queue were actual props used in Episode 4. Listen for the name "Sacul Egroeg" being paged over the intercom (George Lucas spelled backwards.)

If you like Toontown, don't forget to step on the manhole cover near the entrance to the Gag Factory (though it was broken the last time I was there).

If you see people on the second floor of New Orleans Square, it's either the Disney Gallery which everyone has access to (right above the Pirates entrance), or Club 33 which is the members only restaurant. The Gallery was originally intended to be Walt's second apartment which someone else already mentioned on this thread. Club 33's secret entrance is the door immediately to the right of the Blue Bayou restaurant (all the shops in New Orleans Square have an address, look for Club 33's entrance by spotting the address).

Every other minute the Cheshire Cat's face appears in the mirror at the Mad Hatter's shop next to the Tea Cups.

This is not always working, but sometimes you can hear people talking like the guy taking a shower on the 2nd floor above the Main Street locker area, or the gypsy on the 2nd floor above the New Orleans Square portrait artists.

DopeyLover
09-29-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
There's one CM who really annoys me because everytime I give him my AP, he stares at it for a long time and thinks about it before letting me in, or he comments that I look different and then asks for my license.

Did you use to look like Michael Jackson? ;)

I'm sorry, I'm new here but could'nt resist! Sorry. I'm sure you are much better looking than Mike. And have had at least a little less work done:D .

Morrigoon
09-29-2002, 11:52 PM
There's the Eeyore sign in the Indy queue, which can only be seen if you stand at the far end of the projection room and look back - very difficult w/out a flashlight.

If you can manage it, turn sharply to your left when you enter the skeleton area of indy. The 4th skeleton back along the wall is wearing mickey ears. They say "Bones" on them, but you'll be going too fast to actually see that.

In pirates, in the jail scene, look at the skeleton on the back wall of the first cell. During the pirates event they pulled a cute switcheroo - there was a video segment with Cynthia in it that showed her in the pirate jail, and when we later rode the attraction, that skeleton was in her place (at the front of the cell at that time), red jacket and all (even had her nametag on it, though I believe that has been removed. But the skeleton in the red jacket hangs on the back wall in there now)