PDA

View Full Version : New Monorails with a futuristic look for the 50th

Pages : [1] 2

Disneyfreak
09-26-2002, 03:39 PM
I have recently been hearing a rumor at the park about new monorails that are top secret that are being built very soon. They are on blue print right now which would be my guess. If you were to build new monorails for the 50th, how would you make them look.

Futuristic would be my choice.

MonorailMan
09-26-2002, 03:41 PM
I'd go with a futuresistic model, with classic features(like bubble-top). I just hope the Monorail doesn't look like a subway. :)

Bring on the Mark VIs! :D

Disneyfreak
09-26-2002, 03:46 PM
Somehow I doubt there will be new monorails with all of these other rumors about classic ride changes. But a rumor is a better chance than nothing.

Laffite
09-26-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Disneyfreak
I have recently been hearing a rumor at the park about new monorails that are top secret

<snip>

Well, apparently not anymore!

innerSpaceman
09-26-2002, 03:56 PM
Anything with a bubble top gets my vote!

Ace
09-26-2002, 06:31 PM
even replacing every ride in the park with innoventions with a bubble top?

Laffite
09-26-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Squinky
even replacing every ride in the park with innoventions with a bubble top?

I think wrapping guests in bubble wrap wouldn't be a bad idea either

Ace
09-26-2002, 08:16 PM
They might have to if they can't keep these lawsuits under control.

Morrigoon
09-26-2002, 08:39 PM
But only if it's aerated bubble wrap - else someone may manage to suffocate themselves ;)

Ace
09-26-2002, 08:50 PM
I think someone could find a way to die with any possible object.... including apple pie, furby, and a steering wheel. Let's sue!

tabacco
09-26-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Anything with a bubble top gets my vote!

This made me think of the Simpsons episode with "The Homer"

Sophie832
09-26-2002, 10:46 PM
How about the Simpsons episode where the conman convinces the whole town to buy a Monorail...I just love that musical number.

Gauchograd99 and I were talking to a CM the other day, and the topic of monorails came up, but he hadn't heard anything about that. However, since the model being used right now is kind of old, it isn't beyond the scope of imagination to think of them putting in something more modern. After all, it is a part of Tommorowland, isn't it?

disguy
09-26-2002, 11:15 PM
Everybody always talks about the Simpsons on this site...I've never watched them before

Laffite
09-26-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by disguy
Everybody always talks about the Simpsons on this site...I've never watched them before

arrrggg!!!!! **strangles disguy** :eek:

If you think we've crazy about Simpsons, try a visit to Ireland and UK. While I was there, their Burger King was giving out Simpsons toys and big Simpsons posters on their windows, and the tvs I watched in the hotels has the Simpsons on very frequently.

daveinMN
09-27-2002, 12:04 AM
I was an AP holder when the Mark V's first debuted. It wasn't that long ago, was it? I know it was the late 1980's, like 1986. I miss that spiel.

How well are they holding up? I remember when a "top speed of up to 70 miles per hour" was concievable. It would have even been comfortable.

"...actually, the system was designed for a top speed of up to 70 miles per hour. Here at Disneyland though, the Disneyland Skyway Patrol sees to it that we cruise along at a comfortable...35 miles per hour."

I loved the nuances of the narrators' voice. And while I am on narration, how about

"that moonshiner better check his still. It's rrrrunnin' MMMiighty HOT." No kidding, I just got huge goosebumps while typing that. I miss that park so MUCH.

Hopefully I will get to go with my two daughters when we come to California for Christmas.

dave in minnesohta, ya you betcha der

Uncle Dick
09-27-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by daveinMN
I was an AP holder when the Mark V's first debuted. It wasn't that long ago, was it? I know it was the late 1980's, like 1986.

The monorail could certainly use an overhaul. When you have to resort to duct tape to hold things together, it's time for a rehab.

justagrrl
09-27-2002, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Sophie832
How about the Simpsons episode where the conman convinces the whole town to buy a Monorail...I just love that musical number.

Oh us to.

As we walk to the monorail I'm inclined to sing "monorail....monorail......MONORAAAAAAAAIL". THat's all of the song I know. ;)

Okay - thanks to the internet - there's info about everything. Here's the monorail song! (http://www.geocities.com/simpsons_guide/simpsons_monorail.html)

MonorailMan
09-27-2002, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
The monorail could certainly use an overhaul. When you have to resort to duct tape to hold things together, it's time for a rehab.

White Tacky Duct tape no less. Can anyone say Mickey Mouse job? (No Pun Intended)

Ghoulish Delight
09-27-2002, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by disguy
Everybody always talks about the Simpsons on this site...I've never watched them before Didn't you read the Terms and Conditions and the Community Policies.

"All users shall memorize a minimum of 1 line from every episode of the Simpsons."

I swear it's in there!

RStar
09-27-2002, 08:11 AM
...We now return you to your presently scedualed thread.....
What would you like the new monorails to look like...........

Well, I wonder if a bit of future mixed with a bit of the past would be good. Like sleek, but with sharp points and tail fins. Make it a timeless type of future the way they tried with Tommarowland (the look, not the rides:( ). Or take a blend of all the monorail plans and add some futuristic touches. I would like to see the use of some sort of lights on the outside to make it look cool going down the track. Like a blue neon-like strip near the bottom near the track level to make it look like it is floating on the track at night.

hbquikcomjamesl
09-27-2002, 09:32 AM
The first time I saw Monorail Purple, my immediate response was, "The old ones are Buck Rogers; the new ones are Star Trek."

What's a real pity is that the old look fits the present (and much-maligned) theming better than it did the 1968 theming, while the "Star Trek" look fits the 1968 theming better than it fits the present theming.

Disneyfreak
09-27-2002, 06:13 PM
Not too long ago one of the monorails broke down for the first time and they had to call the fire department with a ladder to get the people down.

TP2000
09-27-2002, 10:17 PM
I doubt that was the first time.

I think it was just the first time it had happened on a really slow news day and the TV helicopters covering the freeways had nothing better to do than film the Monorail broken down behind Autopia.

SzczerbiakManiac
09-27-2002, 10:40 PM
disguy wrote:
Everybody always talks about the Simpsons on this site...I've never watched them before<introductorily*>disguy... Not Afraid. Not Afraid... disguy.

*yes, I made up a word

PirateMunkee
09-29-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Sophie832

Gauchograd99 and I were talking to a CM the other day, and the topic of monorails came up, but he hadn't heard anything about that. However, since the model being used right now is kind of old, it isn't beyond the scope of imagination to think of them putting in something more modern. After all, it is a part of Tommorowland, isn't it?

Hell, Tomorrowland is the suckiest land in the park now. I remember when it used to be the coolest but alas...Subs gone, People Mover gone...Rocket Rods (Ok, So I thought they were cool) gone...and nothing to replace them. Damn you Pressler, Damn you all to hell and your little dog Eisner too!!!