PDA

View Full Version : Motley Fool 6/26 On the Money!

Gemini Cricket
06-26-2001, 12:14 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/mf/010626/hill_010626.html

Fool on the Hill: You Can't Cheat Quality
By Rick Aristotle Munarriz

This article I found here on MP is right on the money regarding the current status of Disneyland, DCA etc.

I have learned that just like in SIM Theme Park, the lower the quality of rides, food, upkeep is directly relative to the happiness or unrest of guests to the park. Maybe Paul should buy a copy of that game instead of testing the theory out on us.

Lacrosse Boy
06-26-2001, 12:21 PM
You should try Rollercoaster Tycoon. If there is nothing there, they get angry and vandalise things in your park! Also If there is a death on a ride, they avoid it like the plague.

If you would like copies of my Disney Parks for Rollercoaster Tycoon, Loopy Landscapes, e-mail me: mvshs@post.com

Gemini Cricket
06-26-2001, 12:31 PM
Thank you but I have a Mac.

Largent81
06-26-2001, 02:09 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing when i read that article. I love roller coaster tycoon.

Corith
06-26-2001, 02:17 PM
Now is even a better time to launch savethemouse.org

The public is becoming aware of we've known for so long. Eisner and his team of yes men, don't know what they're doing.

Gregmh48
06-26-2001, 07:14 PM
Read my sig for my Roller Coaster Tycoon parks.

Mr D
06-26-2001, 07:16 PM
So who is left to tell it like it is, The President of the United States or the Pope?:D

EandCDad
06-27-2001, 02:24 PM
It is interesting that this article was on an investing site. Investors don't always have the same goals for a company as the consumers of the product. This is an oversimplification but basically the consumer usually wants the highest quality at the lowest price. Investors want the lowest costs that will result in the highest sales (therby the highest profit). In this case it appears the quality has slipped so much it is effecting sales and therefore one investor is pointing out that this effects the value of the company. Basically, higher quality is win-win, in this situation. But believe me, if the higher quality hurt profits, these same investment sites would be singing a different tune.

blusilva
06-27-2001, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by mvshs2001
You should try Rollercoaster Tycoon. If there is nothing there, they get angry and vandalise things in your park! Also If there is a death on a ride, they avoid it like the plague.

LOL! Every time I see a commercial for that I think "wow, they really could have used that when planning DCA"!

blsuilva