PDA

View Full Version : Big family - Where can we stay?

SoCalSnowWhite
09-26-2002, 12:18 AM
It's family vacation time!!! Yay!! Our problem is to find a place to stay. There will be 18 or 19 of us. Last time we did this, we got a 2 bedroom suite at the Desert Inn &Suites and it was a perfect size and reasonable price for us (12 last time). But when I checked for availability, I found nothing there. Are there any other hotels in the area that offer large family size suites? We want to stay as close to the park as possible and want to avoid having to get 4 different rooms. Any suggestions?:confused:

Sonya in Boise
09-26-2002, 04:38 AM
The Desert PALM has a two bedroom family suite. Says it sleeps 2-8 persons.

The Carriage Inn also has a 2 bedroom 1 bath or a 2 bedroom 2 bath family suite 6-8 persons.

You might try calling the Disneyland hotels and checking their prices on suites. I have heard of large groups being very pleased with the price breakdown. And all suites include concerige services.

Sonya

daannzzz
09-26-2002, 06:55 AM
Also Check The Portofino inn and Suites. It is located at the intersection of Katella and Harbor Blvd. The Anabella may have something as well and they are at the intersection od katella and Disneyland Drive.

hefferdude
09-26-2002, 10:53 AM
We had a huge group for Gramma's 70th birthday. 5 family's
from Seattle to Santa Barbara. We opted to stay at the
Embassey in Buena Park as each family had its own suite.
The grounds are very nicely tended. It has a Mediterenean (sp)
feel once your on the inside court.
It may seem a bit pricey ( $125 ) and far away but when you deduct
the included full breakfast and happy hour:D it was a good deal.
The employees were always very gracious and helpful.

( Even fetched my brother and his kids when he accidentally ended up at the Costa Mesa Embassey at 11 at night. Got on the wrong shuttle. :confused: hee hee )

AVP
09-26-2002, 11:06 AM
Try the Best Western Raffles Inn and Suites (http://www.bestwestern.com/rafflesinnsuites). They have "large, apartment sized rooms big enough for two families"

AVP

CanuckfromBC
09-26-2002, 02:43 PM
Holiday Inn Express Maingate...we got a two room suite...two queens in one room and a queen sofa bed in the living room..comes with continental breakfast...two tv's, three phones!!, and it is an all non smoking hotel...we are booked for 109 night ...AAA rate for Christmas....depending on when you want to go..it may be less expensive than that....definitely walking distance and a very decent price. Clean, safe and walking distance...plus they also have a shuttle if you want..but no need for it..

stinkerbell
09-26-2002, 04:27 PM
Well, I was going to suggest Desert Inn and Suites.....oops!

DON'T stay at the Hawthorn Suites. It's dirty, the furniture is falling apart (we looked at two rooms, before deciding on the lesser of two evils), and they didn't have a crib for us our first night, even though I reserved it months ahead of time and reconfirmed twice, once even the day before our arrival. The service was lousy. Only one person on staff spoke English during the one shift that we needed assistance during.

On top of all that, the hallways smelled funny. Like lots of burnt popcorn.

And the shuttle is the worst and most crowded one in circuit, with the Disneyland stop clear over by Harbor. Many times the shuttle was too full, so we had to wait another 30 minutes to catch a ride back to Hawthorn. Twice the shuttle couldn't take all six of us to Disneyland from the hotel. So we had to wait and missed park opening twice......of our five days.

I highly don't recommend it. :(

Sonya in Boise
09-26-2002, 06:25 PM
Wow, I just checked the Raffles Inn and the rates are great for our trip in Oct.

Daily Rate: (per room) 89.95 United States Dollars
Room Description:
SUITE-2 QUEEN BEDS* NSMK,2QUEEN BDS,3RD BD SOFABD,BUNK BEDS,CONTI NENTAL BREAKFAST
Rate Plan Description:
BWI BEST RATE*OUR BEST VALUE IS YOURS FOR THE ASKING YEAR-ROUND. SIMPLY BOOK BESTRATES IN ADVANCE AT ANY PARTICIPATING HOTEL.
Cancellation Policy:
Cancel by 4PM the day of arrival.
Additional Information:
CANCEL DEADLINE: CANCEL BY 4PM THE DAY OF ARRIVAL.

My mother-in-law stayed in a standard room and she said it was a great hotel and the standard rooms were very large.

Sonya

SoCalSnowWhite
09-27-2002, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Sonya in Boise
Wow, I just checked the Raffles Inn and the rates are great for our trip in Oct.

Daily Rate: (per room) 89.95 United States Dollars
Room Description:
SUITE-2 QUEEN BEDS* NSMK,2QUEEN BDS,3RD BD SOFABD,BUNK BEDS,CONTI NENTAL BREAKFAST
Rate Plan Description:
BWI BEST RATE*OUR BEST VALUE IS YOURS FOR THE ASKING YEAR-ROUND. SIMPLY BOOK BESTRATES IN ADVANCE AT ANY PARTICIPATING HOTEL.
Cancellation Policy:
Cancel by 4PM the day of arrival.
Additional Information:
CANCEL DEADLINE: CANCEL BY 4PM THE DAY OF ARRIVAL.

My mother-in-law stayed in a standard room and she said it was a great hotel and the standard rooms were very large.

Sonya

i saw this one as well, but was wondering, is it 2 queen beds, a sofabed and bunkbeds? If, so, we may go with this one. I'm still going to check out the DLR hotels to see their prices.