PDA

View Full Version : Costume Dept

Pages : [1] 2

COOK
09-25-2002, 11:13 PM
i was reading some old remarks about how costume shopping wouldnt work and all that crap. give me a break, i used to wait in line for 15-20 mins for some retard to go and find my costume. now i go get it myself in less than a minute. i go in the costume building and see costume cast members standing around doing nothing except getting fat. they suck, but thats why they dont get paid that much i guess. they should transfer to another line of business and try actually working. but i guess with an equal opportunity employer you have to have some jobs reserved for those without the mental capacity to be efficiently providing any type of service.

tabacco
09-25-2002, 11:17 PM
uh huh...

*backs away slowly*

Uncle Dick
09-25-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by COOK
i was reading some old remarks about how costume shopping wouldnt work and all that crap. give me a break, i used to wait in line for 15-20 mins for some retard to go and find my costume. now i go get it myself in less than a minute.
I would suspect that the increasing number of CMs on Fast track has more to do with this than anything else.

MonorailMan
09-26-2002, 02:22 AM
Well would you look at that, people are just doing there jobs, and you insult them 3 times! :mad: Let's See:

. i go in the costume building and see costume cast members standing around doing nothing except getting fat.

Maybe they just have nothing to do at the moment. Also, you have to eat to get fat.
:rolleyes:

they suck, but thats why they dont get paid that much i guess.

Did you ever think that there might be costume CMs on the board? If you can say bad things about a person on a public site, why don't you tell it to their faces?

but i guess with an equal opportunity employer you have to have some jobs reserved for those without the mental capacity to be efficiently providing any type of service.
To me, this saying is so un-Disney. You should not judge people just because they are un-speedy at getting the costume you need. :mad:

justagrrl
09-26-2002, 07:32 AM
With that sort of attitude, I'll bet you make it a magical experience for the guests, don't ya?

cook....more like kook (http://www.dictionary.com/search?q=kook&r=67) ?

Bill Catherall
09-26-2002, 07:41 AM
COOK -

Being such a new member, the Community Policies, that you should have read and agreed to follow, should be pretty fresh in you mind. But just in case you have a selective memory let me point out the specific portions you are ignoring.

From MousePad Community Policies (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7984)
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this message board to post any material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, libelous, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, an invasion of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.
In other words, don't be a trouble-maker.
This is your first and final warning. If you continue to violate any other community policy you will be removed. Don't let it happen again.

For the rest of you, leave COOK alone. Trolls that don't get fed usually just go away. I'll leave this thread open for now if the discussion can become civil from here on out. If it gets out of hand I'm locking it up. I'll give COOK one opportunity to straighten up...I'll give this thread the same chance.

tinkfreak
09-26-2002, 12:00 PM
I was the biggest protester of Costume Shopping before I expierienced it. I'm now it's biggest defender. Gone are the days when I would have to check and recheck my costume pieces for buttons, zippers, stains and tears and then send a Costuming CM back 3-4 times while I waited...and waited. I too have offered some less than flattering comments about these CM's in the past. I think anyone who had to wait in endless lines and put up with less than cheerful and efficent service once you got to the front of the line can feel me here. Who wants to wait in a line so you can go to work?

But you can't blame the CM's for standing around the way they do. It angered me at first, knowing that I work my tail off once I'm on the clock. But if I continued to be scheduled shift after shift and there really was nothing at all to do, heck, I'd take it. These CM's don't ask to be scheduled, but I'm sure they prefer to be. It's not their fault. Some manager or higher up is constantly over staffing the place. Let them do it. If they stop, some people might need to look for employment elsewhere.

Also, I don't think those who share COOK'S opinion work shifts that start before 6 AM. When you come in to the Costuming building at say, 5:30, there is not one CM resting on their laurels. They're all hanging, recieving, scanning, bagging or folding costumes. I think the problem is they tend to do most of the day's work because they are older more expeirienced CM's who are used to it, and that leaves nothing to do for the afternoon CM's. CM's who are probably kids my age with school in the morning and can't work until the afternoon. Again, not their fault.

My .02.

tink

COOK
09-26-2002, 04:24 PM
im glad i could get a rise out of all of you. this website is stupid. i hope i get kicked out by you nerds. i work at disneyland, doesnt mean i have to be a geek like you, and be all nice and cheery to everyone. the moderator threatened to remove me, uh oh, what will i ever do. if i cant come to this website anymore i just might go kill myself. why dont you people get a life, and stop wasting time talking about mickey mouse, he is a cartoon, not god.

Andrew
09-26-2002, 04:35 PM
COOK: Since you choose to disregard the warnings you were given, your account has been suspended.

tabacco
09-26-2002, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by Andrew
COOK: Since you choose to disregard the warnings you were given, your account has been suspended.

Andrew, you're awesome :)

driftwood714
09-26-2002, 09:16 PM
LOL.
Andrew laying down the law... "Bad boys, Bad boys, whatcha gonna do?"

Andrew
09-26-2002, 10:57 PM
Thanks guys. The email he sent in reply was quite humorous though unsuitable for a family-friendly discussion board... :D

Laffite
09-26-2002, 11:17 PM
Thanks guys. The email he sent in reply was quite humorous though unsuitable for a family-friendly discussion board... :D

Oh well. People get bored sometimes, so they don't have anything to do other than bother other people. It's a nice day out. Why don't he just go and take a walk outside? Write a book or something.

I don't think he deserves to work at DL. lol

dizneelover
09-27-2002, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Laffite
I don't think he deserves to work at DL. lol

Darn Tootin'!:D

MonorailMan
09-27-2002, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by Laffite
Oh well. People get bored sometimes, so they don't have anything to do other than bother other people. It's a nice day out. Why don't he just go and take a walk outside? Write a book or something.

It's like poking a younger sister with a stick, if you do it long enough, something comes down. (No Ideas Here, I have no younger sisters)

A troll gives me a good laugh some times. Especally what he said in the Guests from Hell (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=148017#post148017) thread. :D

justagrrl
09-27-2002, 07:07 AM
Why do I feel the need to stick out my tongue and say "na na na na na naaaa"?

disguy
09-27-2002, 08:11 AM
I hope his user name has NOTHING to do with his job at DL!! yuuuck!!:eek:

Andrew
09-27-2002, 08:35 AM
Okay, nothing to see here, move along, move along. Another troll has been disposed of, there's no need to keep poking him.

Can somebody tell me about the different Costuming locations? I know about the main one off the East Esplanade (or whatever it's called now--I still think of it as the Minnie section :rolleyes: ) but I understand there are others? How does that work? If one location is out of a piece you need, can you go to another one?

goofey
09-27-2002, 10:28 AM
Can somebody tell me about the different Costuming locations? I know about the main one off the East Esplanade (or whatever it's called now--I still think of it as the Minnie section :rolleyes: ) but I understand there are others? How does that work? If one location is out of a piece you need, can you go to another one? Main Issue, aka H5, is located off the East Esplanade and issues most theme park costumes. Del/Fan/Toon/World is located behind Small World/Roger Rabbit and only issues costumes for Fantasyland, Toontown, and Rancho del Zocalo. Paradise Pier is located behind the Maliboomer/Midway Stores and from what I understand only issues costumes for Paradise Pier.

Generally speaking, each Costuming location does not carry the costumes carried by the other locations, but there is some overlap. For instance, coats used in Toontown are also used in Main Street, NOS, and a few places in DCA, and pants used in PP are also used throughout DCA. So yes, theoretically one could go to another costuming location to pick up a costume piece or accessory, but only if that location carries it. Of course, since the costuming locations are so far apart, it's often much easier for one to just pick up one size larger or smaller than to go to another location.

bandboy1985
09-28-2002, 02:35 PM
so i was wondering...

where do they keep the fantasmic guest control jackets? those are stored in main issue (h5), right? but what i was wondering was- since there's been some kind of change (to the wdw logo, or they're supposed to wear some type of trenchcoat now? i'm not sure what i heard), are those still going out in issue? i was just wondering- i want to get my hands on one!

hello ebay!;)

Uncle Dick
09-28-2002, 04:51 PM
Can somebody tell me about the different Costuming locations? I know about the main one off the East Esplanade (or whatever it's called now--I still think of it as the Minnie section :rolleyes: ) but I understand there are others?
In addition to the locations goofey listed, there is also N7 located just east of the Mickey and Friends structure. It issues costumes for RT&P and Facilities CMs.

Grandbreaker
09-28-2002, 05:59 PM
don't forget the hotels GCH DLH they also have some overlap like security

bluepearl
09-28-2002, 11:21 PM
I have a question for any of the female CMs (or any males that can answer my question): are you or were you ever able to get mens pants? The womens stock pants (they're khaki) are incredibly huge in the hip area and they pretty much balloon around that area when I wear them. So I picked up a pair of mens stock pants which not only fit better but had two back pockets. Recently though, costuming at GCH has not allowed women to check out mens pants, having to do with something concerning the computers (though I've heard other reasons). So I'm just curious if that's how it is at other costume issue locations.

Ace
09-29-2002, 07:55 AM
he is a cartoon, not god.

SAYS YOU

Polar33
09-29-2002, 12:50 PM
bluepearl-
Although I don't know too much about costuming's computer system, I don't believe that it is a concern with the software. Since costume shopping began they have been checking most items out as individual pieces insetad of entire costumes like they used to. Before costuming shopping began there were times that I had to return items that they had given me that were womens items, one of the times were when they were scanning everything in and out. Maybe they have things set up differently at GCH costuming. If it's the same type of pants they have at H5 try getting them over there...since costume shopping began over there I have had very little problems getting the costume pieces I need vs. the costume pieces they think I need. :rolleyes: