PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Holiday: Photo Essay

Pages : [1] 2

zapppop
09-25-2002, 08:44 PM
CLICK HERE ! (http://hometown.aol.com/hydrotrippin/hmh.html)

Laffite
09-25-2002, 08:56 PM
interesting pics, with the 20ft ladder in the ER. :D

innerSpaceman
09-25-2002, 08:57 PM
Wow! How did you get that amazing unlimited access to the overlay under construction? What a scoop!

I'd love to have your connections.

Can't wait till October 4 so us mere mortals can see it.

socabch
09-25-2002, 09:05 PM
Woo Hoo!!! I can't wait. Mighty impressive pics!!!

Laffite
09-25-2002, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman

I'd love to have your connections.

Speaking of connection. I have a 56k dialup and I hate it. :confused: so you might guess how I feel about photo essays.

peasy
09-25-2002, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the pictures. It does look the same as last year, though I don't REMEMBER (non saying much!0 seeing the sleigh out front,.....pretty cool! Thanks again for sharing.

SzczerbiakManiac
09-25-2002, 09:15 PM
Thanks for posting them zapppop.

I'm not going to ask how you got those pictures.... ;):rolleyes::confused:

SzczerbiakManiac
09-25-2002, 09:17 PM
peasy wrote:
I don't REMEMBER (non saying much!) seeing the sleigh out front....It was on top of the mansion. I assume that photo was taken before the "slay" ;) was lifted up there.

Nigel2
09-25-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Laffite
interesting pics, with the 20ft ladder in the ER. :D

That doesn't look like 20 feet, then again I never measured the room when it's on the ground floor.:D

Very nice, how long till security caught you?:D

zapppop
09-25-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Very nice, how long till security caught you?:D
Still waiting :p

Nigel2
09-25-2002, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by zapppop
Still waiting :p

Hmmm... I was just thinking about that, people sneaking into the construction areas I mean. Since disney seems to farm out the labor to do some of these things, like with the carousel and so forth I wonder if they did it for this ride as well?

BELLEH5
09-25-2002, 11:52 PM
Zapppop,Zapppop,Zapppop shame on you!!! How do u do it with out getting busted? Thankx for the Wonderful pix!!!! I wish I had the enough guts like u to sneak around in "backstage" of DL.

beanpole
09-26-2002, 12:17 AM
I love backstage photos! Thanks for sharing. The picture of the computer setup is especially intriguing. Is that a modern version of the Anacon systems used to program AA figures?

Laffite
09-26-2002, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Nigel2
Hmmm... I was just thinking about that, people sneaking into the construction areas I mean. Since disney seems to farm out the labor to do some of these things, like with the carousel and so forth I wonder if they did it for this ride as well?

Uh? I thought he was a CM or know a CM to get inside.

Ghoulish Delight
09-26-2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Laffite
Uh? I thought he was a CM or know a CM to get inside. No. Zapp just has a pentient for sticking his knows where he shouldn't (and where everyone else would like him to :D ). Kind of convenient, really. He gladly goes trapsing about getting us these wonderful pictures, and none of us have to risk anything. Thanks Zapp!

Can you give a location on that computer setup?

mad4mky
09-26-2002, 08:37 AM
Well, Zapp...you'd probably do well as a spy...

These are great pictures. Are you going to share how you were able to sneak in...or get asked in to get these?

Laffite
09-26-2002, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
No. Zapp just has a pentient for sticking his knows where he shouldn't (and where everyone else would like him to :D ). Kind of convenient, really. He gladly goes trapsing about getting us these wonderful pictures, and none of us have to risk anything. Thanks Zapp!

Wow. Then he's lucky that nobody was working inside :)

The computer setup looks like it's in the ER. Guess they are loading the effects program.

innerSpaceman
09-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Ghoulish Delight
No. Zapp just has a pentient for sticking his knows where he shouldn't . . . He gladly goes trapsing about getting us these wonderful pictures, and none of us have to risk anything.
Well, almost none of us.

Yes, it is, as Lafitte surmised, in the Elevator Room, specifically in the stretch room to your left as you enter the HM foyer.

Ghoulish Delight
09-26-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by innerSpaceman
Well, almost none of us.:eek: :D

Yes, it is, as Lafitte surmised, in the Elevator Room, specifically in the stretch room to your left as you enter the HM foyer. Ah yes. A closer look at the picture and I can see the paneling (and the ladder).

As for M4M's question, "Are you going to share how you were able to sneak in...or get asked in to get these?" I get the feeling the method was, umm, walk. If no one says anything, continue to walk.

zapppop
09-26-2002, 11:01 AM
I would just like to take this moment to give special thanks to InnerSpaceMan
Without him, I would never have taken these photos.
Thank you sir !

Traci
09-26-2002, 11:05 AM
Zapp!!! :eek:

Don't keep us hanging!! How did you manage to get in here????

You MUST give us the whole story!!!

innerSpaceman
09-26-2002, 11:14 AM
Sorry to Traci and all other curious padders, but I must jump in here and say that all details regarding various incursions into (strictly speaking) guest prohibited places within Disneyland cannot be disclosed on these boards - which many CMs regularly monitor. To do so would to jeopardize any future explorations.

Zapppop is, of course, perfectly free to discuss his personal adventures, but I hope he will realize the wisdom of my proposed prohibition.

Perhaps communication via PM to either Zapp or myself would be more appropriate for such, shall we say, delicate information.

Uncle Dick
09-26-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Traci
Zapp!!! :eek:

Don't keep us hanging!! How did you manage to get in here????

You MUST give us the whole story!!!
I think it's probably best that we appreciate the photos for what they are and not worry too much about how they were taken since anything said here can and will be used in the court of law. :D I, for one, am willing to believe that zapppop "lost" his camera while walking by the HM, and, several minutes later, it "reappeared" with all of these photos mysteriously present.

Andrew
09-26-2002, 11:22 AM
Gosh, that sounds soooo familiar...

Laffite
09-26-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Andrew
Gosh, that sounds soooo familiar...

lol :)