PDA

View Full Version : The Ten Best Things About Disneyland

DisneylandBoy
06-26-2001, 09:11 AM
Every day I read through DIG and Mouse Pad and it seems all anybody talks about is the negative stuff about Disneyland. It is really getting annoying. I mean -there is a reason Disneyland is called the Happiest Place On Earth. So - I decided to start this thread. What are your ten favorite things about Disneyland - it could be the rides or . . . anything! Here's my list

10. Knowing that Disneyland is the only park Walt Disney ever saw completed.

9. Being happy all day long, for one day.

8. Eating at the Blue Bayou and then going on Pirates right after.

7. (This one's weird) The smell of the water on Splash Mountain or Pirates or any water ride. Anytime I smell recycled water like that, I think of Disneyland.

6. The smell in the air - from churros to ice cream. Disneyland definitely has a distinct smell.

5. I love entering the park and walking down Main Street in the morning, smelling all the food baking and walking into the shops.

4. Walking from the Parking lot (in real world) to the entrance gates, and passing through the arches into Disneyland (magic world)

3. Fantasmic (need I say more)

2. The feel Disneyland has in the air, that magical feel.

And the number one thing I like best about Disneyland is:

1. Seeing a little kids face when he/she sees Mickey Mouse for the first time.

Okay, so it's a little corny, but hey - what can I say?

What's your top ten?

Gemini Cricket
06-26-2001, 12:28 PM
My top ten list:

10. Riding the Train around DL.

9. Sitting around the usually deserted rest area between Thunder Mountain & Fantasyland with a Turkey Drumstick.

8. Listening to the sound effects from the windows above you in New Orleans Square and Main Street.

7. How cool and shady Injun Joe's Cave is.

6. The queues for HM, POTC, Star Tours and Indiana Jones.

5. The soundtrack for Space Mountain.

4. Seeing the Wicked Queen look at you from above the Snow White ride.

3. The Castle Fireworks.

2. Mickey and Donald walking around.

1. The Peter Pan portion of Fantasmic. When you see Peter Pan laughing triumphantly at the very top of Captain Hook's ship towards end in his own spotlight... it brings a tear to my eye.

JRob2k1
06-26-2001, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLvr
7. (This one's weird) The smell of the water on Splash Mountain or Pirates or any water ride. Anytime I smell recycled water like that, I think of Disneyland.

Hey, I know what you mean. I like the smell inside Indy.

Dont look at me like that!:D

-JRob

EandCDad
06-26-2001, 08:26 PM
10. Indy
9. The Parades
8. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
7. Christmas Small World
6. Honey, I Shrunk the Audience
5. Autopia (If you have fastpass)
4. Peter Pan first thing in the morning
3. Big Thunder Rail Road
2. Whatever they are making in the window and the Candy Palace
1. The look on my daughters' faces when they meet, talk to, hug, and take a picture with Cinderella, Snow White, Belle, Ariel, or Sleeping Beauty

lisap
06-26-2001, 09:04 PM
10. Visiting the Christmas tree on Main Street every year and picking up bits of pine from the ground and smelling them.

9. Waiting for a parade to begin with great seats and a tub of popcorn.

8. Listening to the Disneyland railroad spiel as you walk past main street station

7. Riding the Mark Twain around ROA and enjoying the breeze.

6. Singing the Simpson's "Monorail song" as it glides by over your head.

5. Gazing at the lady at the end of the Haunted Mansion urging you to "hurry back"

4. Walking very quickly through Sleeping Beauty's Castle gates to be the first guest on Peter Pan.

5. Sitting at Hungry bear throwing fries to the poor ducks.

4. Winding your way through the line at Indy--especially on light days.

3. Saying to your companion "remember when we waited two hours in this line and now we are walking straight up to the front!"

2. Watching the Christmas fireworks and being right under one of the snow machines.

1. Knowing you have an Annual Pass and can experience all your favorite things all year long.

80S ERA
06-27-2001, 10:33 AM
Here's mine, in no particular order:

1. The cool entrance ramp leading into space mountain.
2. The foot massage in Penny Arcade.
3. Freshly squeezed orange juice from the Sunkist Stand.
4. The feeling Circlevision's American Journeys gives from its music, and scenery makes you feel like you're actually there.
5. The sight of numberous modes of transportation while in Tomorrowland - Skyway, Monorail Mark III, Peoplemover
6. The "great outdoors" feeling when eating in Big Thunder BBQ.
7. The Marina area in Disneyland Hotel
8. The sight of the Disneyland Marquee sign giving you chills and a feeling of arrival.
9. The "red carpet-like" walkway leading into the main entrance.
10. Fooling children while waiting in line for InnerSpace that the buggies are actually shrunk like seen in the might microscope.

Oops - what do you mean they don't exist anymore? Isn't this the 80S ERA?:D

06-27-2001, 10:41 AM
10. DL railroad - all aboaaaaard!
9. Mr. Lincoln mid-afternoon dark coolness
8. Jungle Cruise hippo's wiggling ears
7. "Where the birds sing words and the flowers croon"
6. Mint julep and jazz
5. People watching
4. Eskimo dolls in Small World
3. Submarine mermaids (R.I.P.)
2. Tinkerbell "flying" through the fireworks on a summer night.
1. The berm passage from the ticket booths into Main Street and DISNEYLAND!

amynicole22
06-27-2001, 11:09 AM
10. Getting stuck in the Haunted Mansion - especially in your favorite scene (one time I got stuck going down the hill - lying down!)
9. Eating great food at the Big Thunder Barbeque and seeing Billy Hill and the Hillbillies to boot (this one's never going to happen again :( )
8. That rare occasion when there's no line on your favorite ride and they let you go again without getting out - or you sprint through the line to go again, and again, and again.
7. Watching great old Mickey Mouse shorts at the Main Street Cinema on a hot day.
6. Experiencing the joy of watching a small child clap along with the music at the Country Bear Jamboree - expecially when they're sitting on your lap and make you clap too.
5. Finding a new piece of merchandise with your "favorite" character emblazoned on it. I nearly had a stroke when they first opened the Villians store and my Maleficent was everywhere - in all her glory.
4. Riding the carousel at 11:45 p.m. when it's really quiet except for the sound of the organ and the laughter of your friends.
3. Discovering something wonderful that you didn't know existed (e.g., the Snow White Wishing Well, the Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough, or the Queen peering down at you from atop the Snow White Ride).
2. A really good view of Fantasmic where you can sit down and enjoy every aspect of the show.
1. Making new memories with family and friends. :p

JRob2k1
06-27-2001, 11:28 AM
Wow, reading all these just makes you fall in love with Disneyland again!!

-JRob

blusilva
06-27-2001, 05:32 PM
1. The feeling of transformation that happens when I walk through the arch and onto Main Street. It's so indescribable and it happens nowhere else in the world.

2. Fireworks. Every time I see fireworks at Disneyland I well up.

3. Watching Little Leota at the end of Haunted Mansion.

4. Passing through the bayou in Pirates and the smell of the water in the attraction.

5. Seeing a jazz combo play in New Orleans Square.

6. A cool ice cream on a hot day on Main Street.

7. Making a wish at the wishing well and really believing it will come true.

8. Touching the wishing apple in front of Snow White and hearing the witch cackle.

9. The freak out of suprised tourists in the Indy Spike Room.

10. Feeding popcorn to the ducks in the Rivers of America from the lower deck of the Hungry Bear Restaurant.

blusilva

Mandrake Linux
06-27-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by DisneyLvr

6. The smell in the air - from churros to ice cream. Disneyland definitely has a distinct smell.

I'm right with you on the smell. I love the old water smell from Pirates when its old and not cleaned. Anyone here who lights scent candles knows that it stimulates a certain part of the brain that kind of gives you the same magical feeling Disneyland (or any other GOOD place) gives you. If you light a candle for a couple days, then two months or so later you get the same feeling Disneyland gives you. Depends on how much 'dosage' you give yourself. Try it.

If you can remember 'the good ol' days' back in your childhood, was it in the summer and/or was it scent filled?

AC/DC: Who believes there are certain advantages for dirty attractions.

Main Street Magic
06-28-2001, 08:42 AM
OK....Now I am going to put a different twist on this. First, let me preface this by saying that it has been quite some time since I was last at DL (I've been to WDW many times since but I digress)....anyway, here is my list of 10 best things about Disneyland...(oh yeah, one more thing....I am a former CM so some of my 10 are going to be a little off the wall......)

10. Coming up interstate 5 and seeing the Matterhorn from the distance
9. Entering the park onto Main Street
8. Entering the park via the employee's entrance
7. Listening to the DL Marching Band perform
6. Listening to the Pearly Band
5. Hearing the sound of the Mark Twain as it rounds the bend.
4. Hearing the sound of the Horse Drawn Trolley as it works it's way up (or down) Main Street)
3. The aromas of Disneyland ... (including what it smells like backstage)
2. The fireworks
1. (An oldie but a goodie).......The Golden Horseshoe Review (with Fulton, Betty and Wally Boag!) :) :)