PDA

View Full Version : My Tower of Terror site is finally up

Lost Boy
09-25-2002, 07:28 PM
Wow. It took me all of five minutes once I got an FTP program to upload my TOT site to my personal web page at Earthlink. Here is is, so please check it out and let me know what you think. And this is for DISNEYLAND fans who want to see the Florida Attraction, so pleas don't move it to the WDW world page. Please leave it here for the Disneyland people who have been waiting for me to get this up.

http://home.earthlink.net/~bruceroberts

I hope you all enjoy it.

And thanks for all the support.

Lost Boy

socabch
09-25-2002, 08:12 PM
WOW!! That's alot of detail. It's pretty cool how you have all the diagrams in there.

THANKS!:cool:

innerSpaceman
09-25-2002, 08:22 PM
Ok, that was totally cool, Lost Boy!

Dang, missed it by 3 days!!! I wanna go back to Florida right now!

Thanks so much for the detailed journey through the Twilight Zone. I fear that I will never get to see the DisneyWorld masterpiece, but at least I now know what I'm missing.

DwoernAdale
09-25-2002, 09:37 PM
Thank you Lost Boy!!

Id heard that explained quite a few times, but never really got it. With the help of the diagrams it makes much more sense now. As always, your behind the scenes info is greatly appreciated.

~DW

justagrrl
09-26-2002, 07:21 AM
Bravo! Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed it and can't wait to get one of our own.

Lost Boy
09-26-2002, 07:38 PM
I have heard from people that the numbers on the page with the Ghost Corridors are missing. I fixed that and some punctuation errors. I also added a Spoiler Warning on the front page. I have also heard that Page 5 for some is putting the picture over the writing. It comes out on my compute just fine, and several others have looked on there computer and it works fine. So I have no idea why it would work on some but not others. It will work best on Internet Expolorer. I can't vouch for Netscape or any 3rd party web browser.
I did the best I could for a first time efftot.

:D

MouseWife
09-26-2002, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Lost Boy
And this is for DISNEYLAND fans who want to see the Florida Attraction, so pleas don't move it to the WDW world page. Please leave it here for the Disneyland people who have been waiting for me to get this up.

I hope you all enjoy it.

And thanks for all the support.

Lost Boy

Yes!! Enjoyed it completely!!

Thank you for sharing!!

Wow. It is beautiful. Looks like a very nice place to stay......
except for the ghosts!!! :eek:

Again, thanks!!

Dreamstaker
09-26-2002, 08:04 PM
You rock Lost boy!

Thank you:D

Tigertail777
09-26-2002, 10:01 PM
Thanks Lostboy! that was great!!! Loved it, had some minor problems but oh well it was still awesome!

Lost Boy
09-26-2002, 10:23 PM
I made some more changes to it a little while ago. I finished the last speech that Rod Serling says on the last page and corrected the missing numbers. I can't figure out what's wrong with page 5 on some peoples computers yet works fine on mine and others. Makes no sense, but I am going to look at the original again, and maybe I can spot what's wrong.

Thanks for all the kind words from you all. That really makes me feel good. I love this attraction and getting this web site up was a real challange for me. Next is building the working model and getting video of my new apt/museum and dioramas.

TheMur
09-27-2002, 08:02 AM
Lost Boy

Great work! I always enjoy your write ups. Good luck with your model. I would love to see pictures when it is done.

mad4mky
09-27-2002, 10:44 AM
Thanks Lost Boy. I read through the whole thing...and you are so detailed. I had no idea how they did this ride...it's fantastic.
In fact, besides the Indy ride at DLR...Tower of Terror is my favorite Disney Attraction...it is so well themed...and gives you the ride of your life!

Thanks for sharing your site with us.
:)

Klutch
09-27-2002, 06:03 PM
Hey, Lost Boy. Since you seem to be a Tower of Terror expert, I have a question for you (or anyone else who might know).

Are you familiar with any of the Imagineers who designed TOT? Here's why I ask...

A few years ago I was working at a DoD office near Washington DC where new command and control computer systems are developed and tested (my employer developed one of these systems). An employee at this office asked if I would mind giving a demonstration of my company's computer system for an engineer from the US Army Science Board. I agreed.

Just before the visiting engineer arrived, someone asked exactly who he was. The employee said his name was Bran Fennel (sp) and that he was some kind of Disney Imagineer. This peeked my interest.

In walked a tall guy with a white beard. Picture Santa Claus in a khaki trench coat. I gave my demo, he asked very intelligent questions. At the end, I told him he looked familiar and asked if he had been on TV recently. He said, "I try to maintain a low profile, but sometimes that stuff gets out." Then he left.

When I got back home, my kids were watching a Disney special they had taped the previous week (I had seen parts of it). There was a segment about the Tower of Terror. The narrator introduced Bran Fennel. There's the same guy I met, wearing the same trench coat! He explained how Tower of Terror actually falls faster than gravity would take it.

So, did this Bran Fennel guy really design TOT? I expect he may have been part of a large Imagineering team. I wonder if he's involved in the Disneyland project.

Anyway, I thought it was cool to meet him. I wish I would have invited him to lunch.

Lost Boy
09-28-2002, 06:49 PM
I have talked to three Imagineers who have worked on the ride, or knew the Imagineers who worked on the ride. I did talk to an Imagineer at a convention not too long ago as I was told by a person sitting near him that he did work on TOT. I showed him the floor plans that you see on the website and he made some changes which I incorporated into my stuff. He told me that he did the Ghost Corridor effects and edited the film that is shown in the Library. He also mentioned that he had been working/helping on the DCA version of TOT when Disney Management laid off a lot of Imagineering and he was in that bunch. They didn't care about seniority or that they were in the middle of desiging this big E Ticket attraction at DCA. After that, when he saw all the budget cuts and changes they were mandating he said he was glad he wasn't involved with DCA's version anymore. He had been sad to be laid off, the glad he wasn't invlolved. He was very nice and friendly and spent over 20 mintues with me and I thanked him over and over. I told him he was my new hero.
After I talked to him I ran into another Imagineer whom I knew and was telling him about this and he wanted to know who it was I was talking too. Naturally, I forgot his name, so all I could was locate him visually from across the room and point him out. My Imagineer friend said something to the effect of "Oh, yes. That's Brian and he know more than most people have forgotton about TOT" . I have to assume that it was Brian Fennel, minus the beard and trenchcoat (It was very hot during the convention), and he was the right age. I am assuming that the special you saw was the Travel Channel's Special on Imagineering, which I also taped. I was really paying more attention to the video's of the TOT ride and how it moved and all that technical stuff that I didn't pay that much attention to who was talking. I will have to dig that tape out and watch that part again, but I am pretty sure the name is right.

Klutch
09-30-2002, 07:33 PM
Actually, the show I'm reffering to was on ABC. I'm pretty sure it was an episode of "Wonderful World of Disney". The imagineer's name might have been "Brian", but each time I heard it, it sounded more like "Bran".

Anyway, thanks for sharing your comments, as well as your web page, Lost Boy.