PDA

View Full Version : Underhanded fastpass trick

bigrockstar
05-02-2008, 02:28 PM
Okay... so in all fairness, I am not a cheater by choice. I unknowingly pulled a sneaky trick the other day on BTMRR.

My group got fastpasses. We were too involved in other things to use them. The next day, we returned to the park, and got new fastpasses. When the time to return came, we showed the CM our new fastpasses, and were admitted into the FP line. While waiting, I put my FP in my pocket. When it was time for me to give the next CM my FP, I accidentally pulled the OLD FP from my pocket! She didn't check the date, and allowed me on the ride. I did not realize what I had done until later when I was the only person in the group who still had a valid FP for BTMRR.

I don't condone cheating in any way... especially when it is to the detriment of others. This is just another one of those interesting stories.

Bytebear
05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
I have friends who have used this trick fairly consistantly. I have also "snuk" a 5th or 6th person into a large group when they join our party. Generally, a CM will not count a stack bigger than 5.

Infinitely
05-03-2008, 06:34 AM
If you simply gave them the wrong fast pass ticket, then you didn't cheat, you simply gave them teh wrong ticket.

Did you use the other one later? If not then you not only didn't cheat, you did the right thing. If you used it, then you cheated...and you shouldn't do that again (if the same thing happens), not that what you did is completely horrible and underhanded, it is just the not right thing to do. Now that you have had time to think about it though, I am sure if it were to happen again, you wouldn’t use the unused ticket.

I think cheating means you indented to do something wrong, or when presented with the chance to do something wrong, you "in the moment" you chose to do it. You simply pulled the wrong ticket out and handed it to them.

The only issue here is....you wore the same pants two days in a row??? Ha ha ha just teasing. Anyway, maybe it was a jacket.

ghoofie
05-06-2008, 03:57 PM
This is really stupid. I've had a situation where there were three people in my group and a 4th person joins us later in the day. We just told the cast member, "Hey, this guy doesn't have a Fastpass because he came later in the day. Is it cool if he rides with us?" and the CM said yes.

I don't see why people feel the need to cheat the Fastpass system.

Yep. I misplaced a FP and were were a group of about 5 and simply told the CM and they let us through. CM's are generally nice people and they are understanding.

FantasmicFanatic
05-06-2008, 07:20 PM
The reason it worked is because the greeter, who your showed your valid fastpass ticket to is responsible for "validating" the pass. The second cast member at the merge point who collects them does just simply that, collects them assuming that the CM at validate gave it the OK.

FF

Bolivar
05-07-2008, 09:24 AM
It isn't the biggest issue in the world. You needed to have an out of date FP to give the second CM. So even if people did this on a regular basis (and on purpose) the handfull that did wouldn't really mess anything up. In fact, to do this you would have to not use a FP on one day to then use it the next, so if folks were doing it, then the ones used today from yesterday would be offset by the ones not being used today and saved for tomorrow. It really doesn't buy you anything or cause any issues.

MrsPooh
05-07-2008, 10:16 AM
It isn't the biggest issue in the world.

I agree. It's a fastpass. Is it really that big of a deal if someone did it on purpose?

I haven't, and I probably would never do it intentionally. But in the grand scheme of thing, I don't think it's a major infraction of the rules.

In the case of the OP, his was accidental.

candles71
05-07-2008, 02:05 PM
It got too cold to go on Splash by the time our FP was good. We went to get in the stand-by line the next day and actually asked the CM if we could use the ones from the previous day and they let us through. In fact the one CM told the other CM standing there also to call the 2nd CM and let them know they had said OK.

last "night" of our trip, we were in the standby line for SM and were stopped with a group of 2 in front of us the CM, asked us if we wanted to play a trivia game and she would give us fast passes. The group of 4 behind us joined in and yes we won. (I was the only one to know 2 of the answers:D). The CM wouldn't let us use these the next day. We hadn't had time to use them the night before.