PDA

View Full Version : Priceline... Hyatt Regency

RobRoz
09-24-2002, 08:06 PM
Im going to DL on the weekend of Oct. 25-28. I needed a Hotel for the date of the 27 ( already had my hotel for the first 2 nights at the Marriot thanks to the special rate for AP holders at that Hotel) When my wife said lets try Priceline..... and I said NOOOOOOO .. theres no way I want too stay in some dump on the last night of my trip.....wellllll , we all know how wifes can be, and she talk me into trying it. I put a price of $30 in thinking that theres no way of getting a room anywhere at that rate...... Wellll, I was wrong again, not only did we get a room but it was at the Hyatt Rengency about 1 mile from DL in Garden Grove. Later in the day we call the Hotel and ask them how much a room for that night would be and they told us $120. I guess my point is that I really never believe then I heard other people crowing about low rates booking though priceline .... wellllll look who's crowing now.

DJ_MENTOS
09-24-2002, 08:29 PM
So your room is $30 a night?
-DJ_MENTOS

RobRoz
09-24-2002, 08:32 PM
yes, our bid of $30.00 was accepted and they booked us at the Hyatt Regency

teri
09-24-2002, 08:35 PM
I used the BiddingForTravel.com suggestions and links for bidding on Priceline during mid June, got a room during a convention week in high season at Westcoast Anaheim for $45 a night. It was just right for us for that trip. $30 a night during off-season is about right for the 3 and 4 stars.

bluebayou
09-25-2002, 11:55 AM
Cool - I would definitely recommend Priceline and also www.hotwire.com - I have used thosw 2 sites extensively over the last 2 years especially to book around anaheim. (I live in Vegas so everytime I go which is about 6x a year - I need a hotel.) So far - in about the 12x I have used either of these services - I have not been steered wrong. I just booked for next weekend (going to the HMH event ) - I got the Four Points Sheraton in Fullerton for 35.00/night thru priceline. That price even beat their extended weekender rate of 69.00/night had I booked thru the hotel themselves. In the past, I have stayed at the both the Hyatt and Hilton Convention Hotels, the Holida Inn and a Suite hotel in Brea. ALL for around 35-45/night. Earlier this month, I used it for my stay in San Diego and got a hotel in Del Mar for only 65.00/night which regularly went for 180.00 Well, I think I made my point well for all those out of towners like me.

jslivinski
09-25-2002, 12:27 PM
Great deal, congratulations.

Sonya in Boise
09-25-2002, 03:31 PM
I used priceline to book my rent a car for our upcoming trip and savedover $100.00 for a week long minivan. That will cover the gas and snacks during the drive.

I have also used hotwire and got a 2 star hotel in Las Vegas (not near downtown or the strip) for 35.00 a night. It turned out to be the LaQuinta Inn and Suites and I loved the hotel so much I'm hoping to get the same hotel on our next trip. The room was clean, large, great breakfast (hot waffles, cereal, fresh pastries, cold milk, coffee, tea, french toast, toast...) so for 35.00 the four of us slept and ate a hot breakfast. WOW, I was very pleased.

Sonya

Sheila
09-25-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by teri
I used the BiddingForTravel.com suggestions and links for bidding on Priceline during mid June, got a room during a convention week in high season at Westcoast Anaheim for $45 a night. It was just right for us for that trip. $30 a night during off-season is about right for the 3 and 4 stars.

I wholeheartedly agree with teri about BiddingForTravel.com. Sheryl (the site originator) and others have put together a stupendous list of accepted bids for hotels, cars and plane tickets across the country.

There's even a wonderful section for current rental car discount codes. Recently, I was unable to bid successfully for a rental car on Priceline (no availability) but by using the discount codes listed at BFT, I was able to snag a rental car at Avis for *way* under what Hotwire, Expedia and others were offering as their "best" price. Excellent database of information.

Robroz, you were really lucky to get the Hyatt Regency on a whim like that! Good job. :D Usually, most people overbid on Priceline, thereby never getting the really big discounts that Priceline can provide.

Sheila

RobRoz
09-25-2002, 04:47 PM
Yes, I check out that site last night . Thank you . Great Site. Was on over 2 hrs last night