PDA

View Full Version : A View On Grizzly

thekirk
09-24-2002, 04:56 PM
I waited, and waited for Gizzly (at DCA) in the fast pass lane (all of maybe 2-4 min. but thats a good amount of time to wait in fast pass) I got on and rode through it. Got off, and said to myself, what in the heck was that? BORING! It wasn't all that exciting, raft rides at Magic Mountain are more eventful, even the cheap Marine World, an hour away from me is better. I was very disappointed in Grizzly. Anyone else disappointed too? I just thought it was boring....not enough action. I don't like to knock down DCA too much, but I think they could have possibly done a little better. What do the rest of you think?

Cadaverous Pallor
09-24-2002, 05:13 PM
Ok, I have to call you on the SFMM comment. I was a passholder at MM for years and let me tell you, the Grizzly is many times better.

I think Grizzly is a fantastic raft ride. The water seems more dangerous than your average ride (even though it isn't). It moves decently fast without rushing you through it. The length is good. The geysers are fun, and the spin drop is a blast! Was the spin working?

Were you really complaining about 4 minute wait? Jeez. :rolleyes:

I have found that Grizzly is more fun at night....but most rides are anyway.

cstephens
09-24-2002, 05:16 PM
I had fun both times that I've ridden Grizzly.

thekirk
09-24-2002, 05:17 PM
I think I will give Grizzly one more chance. I don't think the spin was working to well. But, I dunno, it didn't seem like it was really great. I'll try it at night sometime too, when I get down there.

MammaSilva
09-24-2002, 05:22 PM
well I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I live 15 minutes from SFMM in Vallejo.....we have season passes and ride the white water rapids every time we go if it's running and while it's fun it just doesn't have the drops that the GRR does....and if the falls are turned off (they were the last 3 times we rode) chances are you don't get wet unless someone is throwing quarters away in the water cannons .. a little add on that I personally think stinks! the "themeing" is nil....it's not a bad ride just isn't on the same level as GRR in our opinon....but I have to say if the spin isn't working you missed the "best" part of the ride :)

SusanP.
09-24-2002, 06:26 PM
I think it's pretty fun but wish it had more theme throughout, some animals or something.

The second time I rode this ride, we were loaded with 3 very, very large guests in our raft and everytime we had a drop we bottomed out, no kidding. That definitely made it more exciting- Yikes!:eek:

PineapplePrincess
09-24-2002, 06:35 PM
I like GGR! I know that they could have made it better, but you are talking about DCA...of course you never know, they COULD dress it up someday in the future.

mkyears
09-25-2002, 12:24 PM
have you been on magic mountains raft ride you might as well jump in a toilet for 30 seconds it's about the same experience. And the lines will be a bit shorter.California Adventures Raft Ride is alot of fun try it again maybe it will be better

disguy
09-25-2002, 02:17 PM
I'm not one who enjoys raft rides, but I did enjoy DCA's it wasn't fantastic but it was OK. I do wish they would add som AA in caverns and such. As far as Six Flags MW I too use to hold a pass there and that ride does stink! It's just a ride they purchased and rushed to have it installed there really is no themeing or planning behind it like GRR.

rexfarms
09-25-2002, 02:28 PM
I think anything Disney is better then Magic Mountain, including GRR.

Hydroman
09-25-2002, 02:42 PM
I've been on GRR once, after standing in line for at least 90 minutes (it must have been the most crowded day in DCA history - 7/03/01), and was somewhat disappointed. My biggest complaint was that the raft would not stop spinning. If there was any scenery or theming, I would not have noticed it because of the non-stop spinning. At this point, I prefer Shipwreck Rapids at Seaworld and Bigfoot Rapids at KBF, but i'll be sure to give GRR another try .... if the line is shorter ......

hbquikcomjamesl
09-25-2002, 03:41 PM
Harrrrrumph!

I guess we're even: the one time I set foot in Magic Mountain, I found the whole park to be slightly less interesting than spending a day watching paint dry.

As to GRR, I'll reserve judgement on it until the next time I'm in DCA on a rainy day (when I'll presumably be wearing my rain parka and sou'wester, which would render me perfectly dressed for the ride.)

socabch
09-25-2002, 09:12 PM
I enjoy the Grizzly. There is only one I like better and that's Sea World's Shipwreck Rapids.

HeeHeeHeeHoHoHo
09-27-2002, 12:48 AM
Grizzy is really fun - 3 times this month I've take my 7 year old sister after she gets out of school and we 'see' how many times we can go on GRR in a row in one hour.

Our record is five times.

Then we have a flour tortilla and go home.

A wonderful thing to do at 3PM when it's been SO frickin hot and for those of us that don't have AC in our homes :-)

Berry Princess
09-27-2002, 09:40 AM
You wanna talk about a lame, boring rapid ride. The one at Knott's Berry Farm-Bigfoot Rapids. It has no drops or anything. You barely get wet or anything. I love Grizzly.