PDA

View Full Version : Dream FastPass

Pages : [1] 2

PastorGene
04-30-2008, 03:04 PM
Someone told me that a recent policy change allows you to use a Dream FASTPASS on any date - not just the date it was issued.

Anybody know the truth?:confused:

Darkbeer
04-30-2008, 03:15 PM
The official Cast Member Attractions Operating Guide states that it can be used on ANY date during 2008. You must have BOTH the large Lanyard, and the small tab for the specific ride to use it. You cannot hand off the "tabs" to other folks.

This was done by Disney, as on many off-season weekdays, many attractions don't offer FastPass, so to be "fair", they made a change in policy.

Petersgj
05-01-2008, 08:04 AM
The official Cast Member Attractions Operating Guide states that it can be used on ANY date during 2008. You must have BOTH the large Lanyard, and the small tab for the specific ride to use it. You cannot hand off the "tabs" to other folks.

This was done by Disney, as on many off-season weekdays, many attractions don't offer FastPass, so to be "fair", they made a change in policy.

I just won a dream fastpass last week and it said it was only valid for that day only and was stamped with a date. Is this just a "suggestion" like the return time on the regular fastpass? Can I really use the unused fastpass tabs the next time I go back to Disneyland later this year?

VickiC
05-01-2008, 09:10 AM
I was cahtting with a Dream Team member ( possibly, he had the light blue shirt, dark blue pants and didn't seem to be doing anything) yesterday, my kids wre pin tradiing with him. A woman walked up to us and asked if my family wanted her Dream Fast Passes because they were leaving. I said no, we were on our way out as well. (Also we had just about walked onto Space Mountain and Autoptopia, so not suire how useful they would have been) I then told her that I had heard they could be used at a later date. The Dream Team cast member corrected me and said they could only be use dthe day of issue.

Darkbeer
05-01-2008, 09:44 AM
I can tell you that MULTIPLE people have used the Dream FastPass on a day other than the date printed on the FastPass.

I was the first to report the information on another website, and in this thread...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=92026

And AVP looked into it, and this what she posted,,

I actually WON a Dream FastPass today - my first ever. (I was convinced that I'd never win one) I asked the Dream Squad about the policy, and they said that it is a new policy handed down a few weeks ago, and that it may take a while for all CMs to learn about it. They suggested that you ask for a lead if the CM does not allow you to use an older Dream FastPass.

towens
05-01-2008, 11:48 AM
because the price of them on Ebay has gone way up and the number way down. 2 sets sold this morning for 42 bucks plus shipping

VickiC
05-01-2008, 12:53 PM
Guess I should have taken those 4 off her hands.

kingqueen 3princesses
05-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Any confirmation on whether the 2007 ones can be used this year?

PastorGene
05-01-2008, 02:39 PM
In the mean time we contacted Disney via e-mail. Here is their response: "Our Dream FASTPASSes are to be used on the date they are won and cannot be extended or used additional days." (It was from Guest Relations).:eek:

MauiMickey
05-01-2008, 03:11 PM
There seems to be confusion as to what is policy and what is actually happening at the parks. We won Dream Fastpasses on 3/16 and were at the DLR until 3/20. The day that we won, the crowds were light and rides were walk-on. So, later in the week when the crowds were heavy, we asked (politely!) if we could use our Dream Fastpasses and NOT ONE CM turned us away. Some had to ask their lead, but we privileged to use those Dream Fastpasses when it really helped out on a busy day, even though it was past the date of our winning.

Thank you to all those kind CM's! :)

Darkbeer
05-01-2008, 03:17 PM
What comes out of Guest Services is pretty much the "Disney Spin", what I am referring to is the instructions handed out to the Cast Members whose job it is to accept the FastPasses when entering the line, those rules are different, to help provide "Guest Satisfaction", since there was many complaints, especially on the days that many FP attractions don't accept them. Many days at DCA, only 2 out of the 5 tabs would be worth anything, and even those 2 attractions tend to not have much of a wait on an off-season weekday.

Same policy as using the regular FastPass, ask Disney Guest Relations if you must use the FP during the one hour period, and they will say Yes, you must do it, or it isn't valid. But that is not true, the FP is valid from the start time until park closing, once again, for "guest satisfaction" issues, no idea if you got stuck in another line, a restaurant, a ride that broke down, etc.

Let me just say, I have seen the written policy, a "friend" let me see it.... ;)

towens
05-01-2008, 03:28 PM
Darkbeer,
Do they count as well?

PastorGene
05-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Thanks, Darkbeer! That makes sense.:D

Darkbeer
05-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Any confirmation on whether the 2007 ones can be used this year?

I really don't know, and why I haven't answered, I would try... Once again, you need BOTH the Dream Lanyard with the large tag, and the "tab" for the specific attraction.

kingqueen 3princesses
05-02-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks Darkbeer--I thought I would take our remaining lanyards and just see what happens, but if it was a firm no, hubby wouldn't want me to embarrass him.:p

rds912
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
any updates to this, we have three from mid april we did not use, but would love to use them in june when we go.

Sarah B in SD
05-15-2008, 01:28 PM
We finally got dream Fastpasses when we were there the first weekend in May, I felt I was there for 1 visit and happily used my dream FP's when necessary both Saturday & Sunday.
I too Thought I would never win...it's our 8th day in the park in 2008, we had never pursued them either, so it was an awesome surprise, and I did some major happy dancin!

hlbtimes2
05-15-2008, 02:13 PM
We won dream fp last Friday. We only used a couple of the tabs that day. We asked if we could use over the weekend. One cm said they didnt know, the others all said yes. We did use them over the two following days and were never questioned or turned away.

We were also told that they worked as a park hopper if you only had a one park ticket. We had 4 day hoppers so it didnt matter, but it is good to know.

Sarah B in SD
05-15-2008, 02:28 PM
REALLYYYYYY??????????? Wow!

sandiegorob
05-15-2008, 06:36 PM
I have a collection of dream FP's at home take one each time I go to the park. To date, I've used the dream FPs (they were still attaced to the card and lanyard) past the date and haven't had a problem with CM's accepting them.

towens
05-18-2008, 05:03 PM
used it today, no problems

towens
12-28-2008, 09:40 AM
We are going Jan 9th and 10th and we have some left over dream fast passes. Does anyone (AVP or Bark Beer) know if we can still use them then/

Burnt Toast
12-28-2008, 10:09 AM
We are going Jan 9th and 10th and we have some left over dream fast passes. Does anyone (AVP or Bark Beer) know if we can still use them then/

Bark Beer... lol. :D

From what I've been told by my Attractions contacts and the fact that "the Year of a Million Dreams" ends on December 31st, Attractions are (as of right now) not supposed to take Dream Fastpasses on/after the 1st of January.

houseofmouse
12-29-2008, 06:47 AM
I can tell you that MULTIPLE people have used the Dream FastPass on a day other than the date printed on the FastPass.

I was the first to report the information on another website, and in this thread...

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=92026

And AVP looked into it, and this what she posted,,

Multiple people may have had luck but as I posted before not every CM will let you. We were turned down at many rides in DCA. So it really is subjective and up to the CM's at the ride. We then won DFP's twice on our trip so we did not need the ones from July. But be forewarned you can still be told no.

Burnt Toast
12-29-2008, 10:49 AM
Multiple people may have had luck but as I posted before not every CM will let you. We were turned down at many rides in DCA. So it really is subjective and up to the CM's at the ride. We then won DFP's twice on our trip so we did not need the ones from July. But be forewarned you can still be told no.

When I worked Thunder I just took the tab, made sure it said Big Thunder on it... and took it. I never looked at the date, in 2007 or in 2008. I didn't have time to do that and still keep the line moving.